English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 August 2019, 21:40   #2241
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
however unlike Prince of Persia my Xbox one pad does not work correctly I can move down and thats about it. As I said it works fine in POP.
Many thanks for your report enigma776

For some reason, I didn't even think to test these games using my Xbox 360 wireless controllers...

Guess I thought wairnair's defaults would have worked (and they probably do on a real CD32 controller).

Anyway, I've spent the last few hours doing the following:
  • Understanding how MacJoy works.
  • Deciding on the best button configuration for each game.
  • Applying those.
  • Testing.
Here's what I've set:

Code:
Blackthorne:
UP = 76
DOWN = 77
LEFT = 79
RIGHT = 78 
RED = 64      [Button 1 i.e. jump / shoot when gun drawn]
BLUE = 34     [Button 2 i.e run]
GREEN = 33    [Button 3 i.e. draw / holster gun]
YELLOW = 18   [Button 4 i.e. use selected item]


Prince of Persia:
UP = 76
DOWN = 77
LEFT = 79
RIGHT = 78 
RED = 99      [Button 1 i.e move slowly / attack when sword drawn] 


Prince of Persia 2:
UP = 76
DOWN = 77
LEFT = 79
RIGHT = 78 
RED = 99      [Button 1 i.e draw sword / attack] 
BLUE = 97     [Button 2 i.e move slowly] 
PLAY = 64     [Back on Xbox controller i.e. Space Bar]
See post #2263

@all; please let me know if there are any issues.

Last edited by DamienD; 26 August 2019 at 19:35.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 01:14   #2242
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ
Qun Mang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Many thanks for your report enigma776

For some reason, I didn't even think to test these games using my Xbox 360 wireless controllers...

Guess I thought wairnair's defaults would have worked (and they probably do on a real CD32 controller).

Anyway, I've spent the last few hours doing the following:
  • Understanding how MacJoy works.
  • Deciding on the best button configuration for each game.
  • Applying those.
  • Testing.

@all; please let me know if there are any issues.
No difference for me with Blackthorne on the original or this latest update (didn't try the first update). No artifacts or speed difference- guess it depends on the gfx- I am on a desktop w/GTX970. However, I was in the same boat with my x360 controller and was about to try my SNES controller instead when I came across this update, and now the x360 works great with Blackthorne. Now to try PoP to make sure it still works (at least one button worked before, not sure about the second).

EDIT: PoP works great, though the manual protection is less than clear. "First letter of 6th word on line 2 of page 13." Okay, pause WinUAE, back to desktop, check manual in folder. Pages numbered, great- find page 13. Okay, "Practice" must be line 1. Second line- IBM/Tandy: From within the game, press SHIFT-L on the keyboard blah blah blah." Is IBM/Tandy one word or two? Two words, word is game, one word it is press. /me tries "p"- nope. Okay, finds "g" potion on next screen, drink, nope- dead. Maybe IBM/Tandy doesn't count at all? Or the "Practice" header doesn't count as a line? Sigh...

EDIT2: Wait- that's not the right manual, is it? "For Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, IBM PC & compatibles." Time to seek out the Mac manual unless they just packaged that manual with the Mac version..?

EDIT3: Found it: https://archive.org/details/Prince_O...rbund_Software. It is definitely different. Also, paragraph headers do count as lines.

Last edited by Qun Mang; 26 August 2019 at 02:16.
Qun Mang is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 01:43   #2243
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 132
Yup some great success on that one DamienD, also I hope you don't mind but I ripped off your shapeshifter install as I have never got the thing working in winuae and to be fair still havn't as the video driver from the MUlibs claims I have no functioning MMU which is bogus as I installed the MUlibs.
enigma776 is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 01:45   #2244
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
No difference for me with Blackthorne on the original or this latest update (didn't try the first update). No artifacts or speed difference- guess it depends on the gfx- I am on a desktop w/GTX970.
Thanks for testing Qun Mang

...maybe it's just my old Acer Aspire 5951G laptop from late 2011.

If it works fine / at a good speed for you with "Remove interlace artifacts" ticked then I'd suggest re-applying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
However, I was in the same boat with my x360 controller and was about to try my SNES controller instead when I came across this update, and now the x360 works great with Blackthorne. Now to try PoP to make sure it still works (at least one button worked before, not sure about the second).
PoP only has one button. PoP2 has two buttons
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 01:55   #2245
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Yup some great success on that one DamienD
Took longer than I thought to get everything perfect

Glad to hear all is good now

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
also I hope you don't mind but I ripped off your shapeshifter install as I have never got the thing working in winuae and to be fair still havn't as the video driver from the MUlibs claims I have no functioning MMU which is bogus as I installed the MUlibs.
Of course I don't mind.

...but you should really thank wairnair as he did all the hard work.

See this thread: Mac titles for CD32 via Shapeshifter?

I just modified his original PoP .HDF, then added PoP2 and Blackthorne to the same .HDF
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 02:04   #2246
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
EDIT: PoP works great, though the manual protection is less than clear. "First letter of 6th word on line 2 of page 13." Okay, pause WinUAE, back to desktop, check manual in folder. Pages numbered, great- find page 13. Okay, "Practice" must be line 1. Second line- IBM/Tandy: From within the game, press SHIFT-L on the keyboard blah blah blah." Is IBM/Tandy one word or two? Two words, word is game, one word it is press. /me tries "p"- nope. Okay, finds "g" potion on next screen, drink, nope- dead. Maybe IBM/Tandy doesn't count at all? Or the "Practice" header doesn't count as a line? Sigh...
Yeah the manual is a bitch to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
EDIT2: Wait- that's not the right manual, is it? "For Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, IBM PC & compatibles." Time to seek out the Mac manual unless they just packaged that manual with the Mac version..?

EDIT3: Found it: https://archive.org/details/Prince_O...rbund_Software
Hmmm, I thought I got it from Macintosh Garden.

Anyway, luckily "SaveStates" seem to work fine with PoP & PoP2.

As mentioned in the Update Pack #24 - First Part post I've created "SaveStates" for both PoP games right after the protection
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 02:16   #2247
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hmmm, I thought I got it from Macintosh Garden.
Ooops, maybe that was just the Pop2 manual.

Here it is from Macintosh Garden; and looks like the one you linked too: http://macintoshgarden.org/games/prince-of-persia

Downloaded and also the "potion_codes.png"; will update the archive tomorrow.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 02:20   #2248
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ
Qun Mang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ooops, maybe that was just the Pop2 manual.

Here it is from Macintosh Garden; and looks like the one you linked too: http://macintoshgarden.org/games/prince-of-persia

Downloaded and also the "potion_codes.png"; will update the archive tomorrow.
Yep, that is it- same one. There is a link to download the PDF on the archive link as well, so wherever one wants to go to get it. I just made my final edit confirming the manual works to pass the copyright protection.
Qun Mang is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 02:44   #2249
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Ok, archive updated with the proper PoP "manual" and "potion codes", then re-uploaded

See post #2263

Last edited by DamienD; 26 August 2019 at 19:35.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 03:17   #2250
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ
Qun Mang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Qo'noS
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ok, archive updated with the proper PoP "manual" and "potion codes", then re-uploaded

Here is the new URL which has also been updated in post #2441.

Just extract to "C:\WinUAE".
I just now noticed what you wrote about savestates- whoops on my part- I had just started a game as normal and played through level one and then the protection. Anyway, thanks again.
Qun Mang is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 16:51   #2251
dirkies
Zone Friend

dirkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
So, Update Pack #10 is now ready..
Any chance this can be reupped as file is no longer on mega. Thanks
dirkies is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 16:52   #2252
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
Any chance this can be reupped as file is no longer on mega. Thanks

You might be better off asking for the updates release which includes most of the updates.
enigma776 is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 16:54   #2253
dirkies
Zone Friend

dirkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
You might be better off asking for the updates release which includes most of the updates.
Thanks. As I have all update packs except numba 10, are you saying I won't need it as it may be "rolled up" in the later packs?
dirkies is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 16:56   #2254
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
Thanks. As I have all update packs except numba 10, are you saying I won't need it as it may be "rolled up" in the later packs?
No there is a updated pack which includes all the updates to #20 I think.
enigma776 is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:10   #2255
dirkies
Zone Friend

dirkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
No there is a updated pack which includes all the updates to #20 I think.
ah ok, I found this in the thread "Base Install & Update Packs #1-20" but it's PM only link but I suppose Damien's inbox is still full?
dirkies is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:11   #2256
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
ah ok, I found this in the thread "Base Install & Update Packs #1-20" but it's PM only link but I suppose Damien's inbox is still full?
Oh most certainly is full lol.
enigma776 is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:14   #2257
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
ah ok, I found this in the thread "Base Install & Update Packs #1-20" but it's PM only link but I suppose Damien's inbox is still full?
Probably best to get the "Base Install & Update Packs #1-20"

...ok, I know you have to download again but it will save you loads of time by not having to extract the base, then manually apply "Update Packs #1-20" if you ever need to reinstall.

PM sent.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:17   #2258
dirkies
Zone Friend

dirkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Belgium
Age: 46
Posts: 1,222
Damien to the rescue :-)
Yeah, gonna give this a spin, as I sold off all my ami hardware, winuae is now my only way to enjoy some nostalgia. And I'm sure his mega pack will be a good start :-)
Will now download the full monty...!
Cheers mate!
dirkies is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:50   #2259
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,727
Damn it!!!

Regarding "Blackthorne", found some more useful keys that need to be mapped i.e:
FORWARD = Move inventory selection up.
REVERSE = Move inventory selection down.
I also added PLAY = Return; which skips parts of the intro as opposed to completely skipping the intro by pressing the RED button.

So, new assignments are as follows:

Code:
Blackthorne:
UP = 76
DOWN = 77
LEFT = 79
RIGHT = 78 
RED = 64        [Button 1 i.e. jump / shoot when gun drawn]
BLUE = 34       [Button 2 i.e run]
GREEN = 33      [Button 3 i.e. draw / holster gun]
YELLOW = 18     [Button 4 i.e. use selected item]
PLAY = 68       [Back on Xbox i.e. Return]
FORWARD = 27    [Right Shoulder on Xbox i.e. move inventory selection up]
REVERSE = 26    [Left Shoulder on Xbox i.e. move inventory selection down]
New archive created and re-uploaded, see post #2263

Last edited by DamienD; 26 August 2019 at 19:35.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:52   #2260
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Damn it!!!

Regarding "Blackthorne", found some more useful keys that need to be mapped i.e:
FORWARD = Move inventory selection up.
REVERSE = Move inventory selection down.
I also added PLAY = Return; which skips parts of the intro as opposed to completely skipping the intro by pressing the RED button.

So, new assignments are as follows:

Code:
Blackthorne:
UP = 76
DOWN = 77
LEFT = 79
RIGHT = 78 
RED = 64        [Button 1 i.e. jump / shoot when gun drawn]
BLUE = 34       [Button 2 i.e run]
GREEN = 33      [Button 3 i.e. draw / holster gun]
YELLOW = 18     [Button 4 i.e. use selected item]
PLAY = 68       [Back on Xbox i.e. Return]
FORWARD = 27    [Right Shoulder on Xbox i.e. move inventory selection up]
REVERSE = 26    [Left Shoulder on Xbox i.e. move inventory selection down]
New archive created and re-uploaded here... just extract into "C:\WinUAE"
Wasn't going to mention that lol as I figured you ran out of buttons.
enigma776 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[DamienD] WinUAE v3.2.2 - Games "DAT File" DamienD request.Old Rare Games 29 10 February 2016 01:02
DamienD's SNES DVD... DamienD Retrogaming General Discussion 282 03 November 2008 10:54

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.17484 seconds with 16 queries