English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 27 November 2003, 16:24   #21
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi mtb

> 1) When i'm using a shell with uaegfx, it has a strange behaviour

Hmmm. I need some more information to see if I can reproduce this. To start with - what AmigaOS version are you using? And what CON: handler? (Default CON: or KingCON or something else?)

> Zip - Gzipped adf support doesn't work anymore.

Yes. I just realized this myself. I've fixed it now and it'll be in the next release (which hopefully will be out later today or tomorrow).

Cheers,
Rich
Old 27 November 2003, 16:46   #22
Amiga1992

Quote:
It currently requires that you have an X server and Fink installed
Argh, I can't download that Fink thing, it's too big for my dialup connection. Why is it needed? I was going to install it to compile UADE but I can't get 19 megs thru phone :P

I instaled LibSDL, seems like now I need these two I wont be able to run this thing!

Is there any possibility that I can try and run the OS X dev tools to compile this as a native Aqua app? I know I'm shite with coding but I would like to give it a try. I *need* my portable Amiga!
Old 27 November 2003, 17:11   #23
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi Akira

Quote:
Argh, I can't download that Fink thing, it's too big for my dialup connection. Why is it needed?
Sorry. That version of UAE is linked against the Fink version of libSDL (and it uses Fink's GTK+ for the GUI).

I'll build and upload a version that is linked against the SDL framework (that is, the version of SDL that you got from http://www.libsdl.org) and without the GUI. Then it'll run without Fink or X, but you'll need to edit the .uaerc config file by hand. Sorry, but I don't have time to write an Aqua GUI just now . . .

Cheers,
Rich
Old 27 November 2003, 21:32   #24
mtb

Quote:
Originally posted by evilrich
Hi mtb

> 1) When i'm using a shell with uaegfx, it has a strange behaviour

Hmmm. I need some more information to see if I can reproduce this. To start with - what AmigaOS version are you using? And what CON: handler? (Default CON: or KingCON or something else?)
I am sure it happens with the kingcon, in fact i have tried a self made install and it happens, and i have tought i made an error installed something. After that i have tried with the aiab package ( i have discovered there is also a linux version, basically there is only the uae config that is different from the windows version ) and it happens too.

It starts to output error when i launch the shell, then when it scrolls ( the left bar changes ) it output even more errors:

[ i open the shell ]

ERROR - not obeying BlitTemplate() mask 0x1 properly with Bpp 2.
ERROR - not obeying BlitRect() mask 0x1 properly with Bpp 2.

[ start of the scrolling ]

Picasso: mask != 0xFF in truecolor mode!
ERROR - not obeying BlitTemplate() mask 0x1 properly with Bpp 2.
ERROR - not obeying BlitRect() mask 0x1 properly with Bpp 2.
Old 28 November 2003, 00:06   #25
Amiga1992

Quote:
I'll build and upload a version that is linked against the SDL framework (that is, the version of SDL that you got from http://www.libsdl.org) and without the GUI. Then it'll run without Fink or X, but you'll need to edit the .uaerc config file by hand.
That's not a problem, I have to edit MaxUAE's uaerc config file because MaxUAE GUI is pure shite :P

I didn't mean you to write an Aqua interface, I asked if it would be too hard to write one myself. What do you think?
Old 01 December 2003, 02:48   #26
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi mtb

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to reproduce this bug yet, but I'll have a closer look at the problem when I get the chance.

BTW, you didn't say which AmigaOS version you are using. And what bit depth is your P96 screen?

Cheers,
Rich
Old 01 December 2003, 03:01   #27
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi Akira

Sorry for the slow reply. What with Thanksgiving and other things, I've been really busy the last few days . . .

I've got a new version just about ready for release (I had hoped this would be done sooner), and I'll build a Fink-less OS X binary too.

Quote:
I didn't mean you to write an Aqua interface, I asked if it would be too hard to write one myself. What do you think
Writing a GUI isn't conceptually difficult. Writing a good GUI, though, is difficult (Note: UAE currently does not have a good GUI).

Whether writing an OS X GUI would be difficult will depend on your experience. All modern GUI toolkits are essentially similar, so, if you know one, learning another shouldn't be a problem. I'm not familiar with the OS X toolkit myself, but I imagine producing an OS X GUI for UAE should be fairly straightforward. The ProjectBuilder tool should be able to take a lot of the spade work out of the job.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 01 December 2003, 10:30   #28
mtb

Quote:
Hi mtb

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to reproduce this bug yet, but I'll have a closer look at the problem when I get the chance.

BTW, you didn't say which AmigaOS version you are using. And what bit depth is your P96 screen?

Cheers,
Rich
P96 16 bit - 1024x768 ( now that i remember with less then 65536 colors ), os 3.0 ( with aiab i dunno what there is inside ).
Old 03 December 2003, 06:56   #29
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi mtb

I've got a new release out which supports zipped and gzipped ADFs and DMS images. Check it out: http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/

I haven't fixed your P96 problem yet, but it's on the to-do list.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 03 December 2003, 07:02   #30
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi Akira

I've uploaded new OS X binaries - one that depends on Fink and an X server, and one that just depends on the SDL framework (but has no config GUI).

There's tons of problems still to fix and the bsdsocket.library emulation is broken, but otherwise it seems fairly stable. Let me know what you think.

One other thing: use F11 as the hotkey modifer rather than F12 (e.g., use F11+q to quit, F11+g to grab the mouse pointer, etc).

Cheers,
Rich
Old 03 December 2003, 07:38   #31
Amiga1992

WOOO. I'll check it out now and give you a report very soonish

Edit: oppsadaisy,here goes:
Code:
[mobileHQ:~/Downloads] akira% ./uae
dyld: ./uae can't open library: /sw/lib/libgtk-1.2.0.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap
I need GTK?
Old 03 December 2003, 12:54   #32
evilrich
UAE hacker

Quote:
I need GTK?
Ooops. Try this one:

http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/uae-20...-2-osx-sdl.bz2

I'll get the hang of OS X one of these days . . . ;-)
Old 03 December 2003, 15:58   #33
Amiga1992

Alright Let's try this one out now!
Old 03 December 2003, 16:43   #34
Amiga1992

Ok, now seems like I doing something wroing again. Here goes:
Code:
[mobileHQ:~/Downloads] akira% ./uae -f a1200.uaerc
cfgfile_load:/Users/akira/.uaerc
Calibrating timebase: 24.835091 MHz
How do you load an external config file? It doesn't want to recognize it. And I renamed it to Users/akira/.uaerc , and it still doesn't load it?

Sorry for being a pain in the arse ;D
Old 03 December 2003, 16:57   #35
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi Akira

Quote:
How do you load an external config file? It doesn't want to recognize it. And I renamed it to Users/akira/.uaerc , and it still doesn't load it?
That should work. (It does here.)

Trying putting it (as .uaerc) in the current directory (i.e., the one you run uae from).

The -f options should work too. The config file specified with -f will loaded in addition to the default one (.uaerc), overriding any options in the default.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 03 December 2003, 18:43   #36
Amiga1992

This blows me. I have put the a1200.uaerc thing in the same dir as uae, and "-f a1200.uaerc" still doesn't load it. will try the other method (renaming it to .uaerc, but it seem sthe program looks for it in /Users/akira/, a.k.a my home directory ~)

will report later I have become yoru official osx betatester eh?

Did I mention I'm running 10.2.6 ? That might be of help.
Old 03 December 2003, 20:07   #37
evilrich
UAE hacker

Hi Akira

Rename your A1200.uaerc file as .uaerc and put it in the same dir as the uae binary. Then just launch UAE with:

./uae

Mail me your config file and I'll see if there are any obvious problems with it.

Quote:
Did I mention I'm running 10.2.6 ?
Well, I've got 10.2.8. I don't think that should make a difference.

Cheers,
Rich
Old 04 December 2003, 07:24   #38
Amiga1992

Just managed to get it running!! Looking great, it's useable at least, unlike maxuae!!!

Couple of bugs I noticed:

1: VERY choppy mouse movement. At least on Picasso modes. It's unusable (almost)

2: When changing Picasso screens, let's say, from 800x600 to 1024x768, the mouse pointer denies to go further ahead a 800x600 box!

That's all I noticed now, besides very choppy sound performance. Looking fabulous!

Oh, how do yo uenable the JIT stuff? I couldn't find it in my winuae config.uaerc thingy.
Old 04 December 2003, 11:02   #39
mtb

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Just managed to get it running!! Looking great, it's useable at least, unlike maxuae!!!

Couple of bugs I noticed:

1: VERY choppy mouse movement. At least on Picasso modes. It's unusable (almost)

2: When changing Picasso screens, let's say, from 800x600 to 1024x768, the mouse pointer denies to go further ahead a 800x600 box!

That's all I noticed now, besides very choppy sound performance. Looking fabulous!

Oh, how do yo uenable the JIT stuff? I couldn't find it in my winuae config.uaerc thingy.
JIT on ppc? I doubt...
Old 04 December 2003, 16:25   #40
Amiga1992

Fer foks sake,m I thought it had JIT

AmigaOS4 has JIT, so the thing exists.