English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 December 2015, 04:59   #1
SQLGuy

Stuck trying to install 4.1 FE

Hi folks,

I've been trying for a while now to get AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition installed on my Ubuntu FS-UAE.

I have never been able to get the Blizzard SCSI to boot from the CD, but I can access the CD when booting in 3.x. Basically, the closest I've gotten is that I can boot from the 4.1 boot floppy, or I can launch start_from_os3.x from the CD. Either one of those goes through a splash screen for 4.1, then a pink screen, followed by grey, and purple. Then it goes to a Kickstart 4 screen asking for a boot disk.

I'm using the Blizzard PPC Accelerator with ROM blizzardppc_060_44.71, and the A4000 with Cyberstorm PPC (OS 4), configuration in the launcher. I've tried to get the Cyberstorm accelerator to work, but FS-UAE never finds the ROM.

I even tried making a new HDF and copying all the files from the CD to it, and renaming it to Amiga OS 4.1 Final Edition, but that basically gives the same result, whether I boot from the HDF or the floppy.

Any suggestions of what to try next?

Thanks,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmigaOS41Install.png
Views:	76
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	46563  

AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 December 2015, 07:23   #2
SQLGuy

Solved. Seems that AmigaOS (4.1, at least), doesn't care for mix-n-match of a Blizzard accelerator in an "A4000."

I finally got the Cyberstorm working. Looks like a potential bug in FS-UAE. I had my roms in directory other than Kickstarts and had my custom configuration file updated to point to the alternate location. That worked fine for the A4000 ROM and the Blizzard ROM, but not for the Cyberstorm one. I had to copy that one to Kickstarts for FS-UAE to find it.

AdSense AdSense