English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 09 September 2003, 17:51   #1
Mutation

Stick out tongue Tin Toy Adventure

Hi,

Just found this great board after a bit of a day off on a trawl, and wanted to let you know that if you remember Mutation Software and some of the games we produced in the late 80's and througout the 90's that you might be interested to note that we recently released Tin Toy Adventure PC (Win98,WinXP etc.) in it's now somewhat 'enhanced' but still very close to it's orignal AGA Amiga form.

Anyway there you have it... along with Doodlebug and many others this was a best seller for us back in 1996 and now you can play it in it's newer 640x480 form on your PC (sorry I know) for only $19.95 which is about £12 to £13 English quids !.

More info about this and Mutation Software here: http://www.mutationsoftware.com

Yes we are still alive as a small developer after 14 years in the biz - crazy really eh !?

Adrian Cummings (Proprietor)
Mutation Software
EMail: arc@mutationsoftware.com
URL: www.mutationsoftware.com
URL: www.dweebs.info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mut_logo.gif
Views:	480
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	5824  
Old 09 September 2003, 18:04   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

Welcome onboard...:welcome

WOW another insider cool, I think some of the guys have some question..
Old 09 September 2003, 19:04   #3
Mutation

Cheers and fire away I'll see if I can answer some of them no probs.

Mutation Software
Old 09 September 2003, 19:24   #4
Dizzy
Pirate

Akira project http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11053 collect data about games that was never released. I can see you got some games wich never made it to the public.
Old 09 September 2003, 19:49   #5
Mutation

Thumbs up

Hi,

Yes some of the unreleased game projects were either demos for publishers at the time that never went any further or were almost finished and the hard drive died and I lost everything !!!... All the graphics for Doodlebug in 1992 published by Core Design, bar a few of them were lost in the great Mutation Software hard drive crash of 1993 along with some other projects that I was working on for them at the time... it just went squeek a lot and then the Amiga died on me and that was that... took me about three days to recover from that headache I recall too - ooch !.

Funnily enough I just released some very rare never before seen Amiga game demos in .ADF format from 1987/88 that I worked on to an Amiga fan who mailed me today, not all of them quality ***** I hasten to add heh

Mutation Software
Old 09 September 2003, 20:41   #6
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Mutation
Hi,

Yes some of the unreleased game projects were either demos for publishers at the time that never went any further or were almost finished and the hard drive died and I lost everything !!!... All the graphics for Doodlebug in 1992 published by Core Design, bar a few of them were lost in the great Mutation Software hard drive crash of 1993 along with some other projects that I was working on for them at the time... it just went squeek a lot and then the Amiga died on me and that was that... took me about three days to recover from that headache I recall too - ooch !.

Mutation Software
Sad, many great things lost with harddrive crash around the world...

Quote:
Funnily enough I just released some very rare never before seen Amiga game demos in .ADF format from 1987/88 that I worked on to an Amiga fan who mailed me today, not all of them quality ***** I hasten to add heh
Wow could you plz share them with EAB, I think they will be of great interest... Always nice to broaden our minds..
Old 09 September 2003, 21:00   #7
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally posted by Dizzy
Wow could you plz share them with EAB, I think they will be of great interest... Always nice to broaden our minds..
Yes... share, share...

Oh, BTW, welcome a-Board, Mutation!
Old 09 September 2003, 23:43   #8
Dizzy
Pirate

On http://www.mutationsoftware.com/history.html it says:
Other projects briefly worked on before 1989 include: Ninja Spirit (Amiga/ST), Wonderboy (Amiga/ST), Beach Head I & II & Raid Over Moscow (Amiga/ST), Outlander Demo (Amiga)

Beach Head I & II and Raid over Moscow.. Why did they never made it to the amiga.. Some of the all time classic for the c64.

Hmm some update for HOL here.
Old 10 September 2003, 02:26   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yes, I remember seeing those games on the Mutation site some time back. I was gonna ask the same question.

Oh, and welcome to EAB, Adrian. Doodlebug was a game I played heavily back in the day and loved. Thanks for making it!
Old 10 September 2003, 11:22   #10
Mutation

Hi there,

Thanks, I dug out some of the rare Amiga game demos that have never been seem before in public from the late 80's onwards, you can grab them from here for about a week when they will be removed ok.

http://www.mutationsoftware.com/EAB_...miga_Demos.zip

Not all good but for the time they were pretty good demos that enticed a few good publishers at the time I recall heh

Anyway, regards Beach Head & Raid Over Moscow... they were 'almost signed' with US Gold if I remember correctly but it all went tits up and they pulled out and that was that... still got the graphics in an archive somewhere here (I think?).

It was a rocky road I trod for sure over the last 14 years

Adrian - Mutation Software

Last edited by Mutation; 10 September 2003 at 11:31.
Old 10 September 2003, 13:21   #11
the wolf
Just Leeching

Oooh... what a great bunch of stuff for AGTW... yum yum...
Thanks for the demos!
Old 10 September 2003, 13:57   #12
Konrad

Oooh, that's cool. Thanks alot.
Hey, that vacsuitjack (or so...) looks like the guy from bomberman. And the game seems to be inspired by SuperMario.

And I LOVE this Xenon clone . Sad it's not playable .
Old 10 September 2003, 14:36   #13
Mutation

No problem.

Yes I agree it did/does but I was going through a tricky stage back then and must admit a few other game's ideas were brought together to make Vac Suit Jack the demo at least heh

The Outlander 2 demo was going to be really cool though yes and we thought we had it signed but again unless your names on the dotted line and the money in the bank it all amounts to not a lot and in time that got shelved too.

Makes you wonder why you bother in the end but unknown to me back then good days were on the Horizon with Core Design not long after which really upped everything a few gears for Mutation.

Adrian - Mutation Software
Old 10 September 2003, 14:42   #14
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

It's great to actually hear from a few insiders who where behind the scenes back then. Cheers for posting this stuff here Mutation, the Amiga scene has fonud quite a few nuggets recently thanks to the help of guys like you.

PS - You might want to stop putting "Adrian - Mutation Software" at the bottom before the ops get to you. Click on 'User CP' at the top of the page and put it in the 'signatures' bit under the 'Edit Profile' tab.
Old 10 September 2003, 15:48   #15
Dizzy
Pirate

THX for the disks, wow some cool games we where cheated for back then I love the Vac Suit Jack game love the humor. Also the racing game look cool...
Must go need 2 play some more...
Old 10 September 2003, 16:29   #16
Mutation

Great and no problem, least you could get to see a bit of what never was heh

Point taken about the signature... I forgot to set it up earlier.
Old 10 September 2003, 17:25   #17
Mutation

It's worth a note that regards Vac Suit Jack the demo, that when Zepplin Games looked at it for publication back in '91 I recall getting the usual publisher letter back stating something like... 'We really like you game concept 'however' (that was always the killer word! heh) your disk loading software caused us to switch off our Amiga due to grunting sounds coming out of it!'

At this point I realised it wasn't ever going to be published as I had used a low level floppy drive loader that a friend had written that stepped the drive head so slow (to allow the head to settle before a read from floppy) that it sounded like a sheep shearing machine hehe...

I then went on to rip out the rather catchy title choon music I'd written for the game earlier only to put a version of it into Doodlebug for Core Design... I'm not one to waste anything good you see

Crazy days those !.
Old 11 September 2003, 13:37   #18
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Mutation
Anyway, regards Beach Head & Raid Over Moscow... they were 'almost signed' with US Gold if I remember correctly but it all went tits up and they pulled out and that was that... still got the graphics in an archive somewhere here (I think?).
Love to see the graphic if you one day "fall over it"...
Old 11 September 2003, 14:57   #19
Mutation

Hi,

Here are some of the original Amiga/ST conversion gfx I dug out from the project(s) that never were. All 16col gfx as we were going to do a quick port of all of them to ST and Amiga back in the day for U.S.Gold. Like many, I played Beach Head the original after buying it on it's UK release on C64 and thought it was awesome. Never knew a few years later that we'd get to actually work on the conversion to 16bit machines, but alas it was not mean to be heh
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	123title_iff (1).gif
Views:	386
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	5866  

Last edited by Mutation; 11 September 2003 at 15:18.
Old 11 September 2003, 14:57   #20
Mutation

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	123title_iff (2).gif
Views:	404
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	5875