English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 19 January 2010, 13:41   #1
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Any way to change Radboot Left Mouse Button?

As the title suggests, is there any way to change this? LMB is what I need to press to boot a CD32 game but I have to press it at exactly the right time (which take numerous attempts lol) becuase usually I get the Radboot menu

If I can change it to a key press that would be perfect?

Cheers,

Steve.
Old 19 January 2010, 16:13   #2
Bloodwych

I'm sure getmouseinput allows different combinations of mouse presses, but it will require a quick change in the Startup-Sequence.

So look in the top menubar Help->Other->Shell and read the Getmouseinput guide.

Then go to the top menubar Settings->Startup->Sequence and change the mouseinput numbers to what ever combination you want to replace the LMB with.
Old 20 January 2010, 19:07   #3
Bloodwych

Did you sort this out?
Old 20 January 2010, 20:32   #4
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I was out late yesterday then busy watching the footy. Will try later and let you know. Thanks again
Old 20 January 2010, 22:23   #5
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Right... lol

I had a play at half time

I read the guide as suggested and edited the startup so that radboot is middle buttn (note I dont have a middle mouse button thus disableing it)

I'm now however having no luck getting CD32 titles to run, according to the manual for the emulator (Squirrell SCSI) if a CD32 title is in the drive it should boot, thats never happened and I've always had to use the left mouse button at the right time to invoke the CD32 setup menu (at exactly the right time) to get a title to boot.

Since disabling radboot I cant even get the CD32 setup menu, could the two be linked in some way?

I do however have a nice new feature

When I first switch on the SCSI device (this is the module on my acelerator, not the Squirrel - I'm not using that on this setup) there s a long delay whilst I am guessing the SCSI is dececting devices about 20 seconds or so then it boots as normal. But now I can skip this by pressing the left button, Nice

I think I am ready to give up on CD32 stuff now

I'll stick with WHDLoad and Amiga CD titles... Nice that I can skip the SCSI detection and boot a whole lot faster though, so its not as if i've gained nothing in this experiment...

Thanks again for your help Bloodwych

Steve.
Old 20 January 2010, 22:34   #6
Bloodwych

Hmmmm. We need someone who is familiar with how it works and when mouse button detection is invoked. Timing seems an issue.

It must be fixable though.

You can also set getmouseinput to combinations of mouse buttons to get back RADboot functionality. If you never use it however, you can just comment out the line "IF $MOUSEINPUT EQ.....ENDIF" from the Startup-sequence rather than set it for a none existant button.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 20 January 2010 at 22:44.
Old 20 January 2010, 22:41   #7
Bloodwych

Oh yeah, back to the footie soon, but I meant to ask you - how have you found the Stability of the packs on your A1200?

They seem rock stable my end.

I forgot to tell you I added a stack program (default disabled) to the ClassicWB's recently, so you may want to add a line yourself since you are using the v24 packs.

You may want to add Minstack line to your startup-sequence after setpatch if you have plenty of RAM. Do a search on Aminet. PeterK who programmed it thinks it's essential for added stability but can't say I've had any problems. I do (where possible) set all programs and shell processes plenty of stack by default.

Stackattack 2 does the same thing.
Old 20 January 2010, 22:45   #8
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

I've never had a single stability problem with any of your packs, had the Amiga on for 3-4 hrs at a time, no problems at all. Lots of switching between apps, cd games, WHDLoad, etc. Rock solid

I'm using the latest ADV pack on my 020 but still on the previous release for my 030 ADV SP setup, but it ain't broke so no need to fix it right now...

Last edited by fitzsteve; 20 January 2010 at 22:58.
Old 20 January 2010, 22:53   #9
Bloodwych

"If it aren't broke...."

Exactly, something the occasional software and web designer don't seemed to abide by....