English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 November 2016, 17:14   #1
Daedalus

ADF-Blitzer Developer?

Maybe a long shot, but does anyone know the developer of ADF-Blitzer (http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/adfblitzer), Andreas Etzrodt according to the readme? I've been trying to get in touch with him for his permission to update the program as there are a few small fixes I'd like to do, but haven't had any luck so far. The source is included but he asks that anyone using it asks his permission and I wanted to do that...

Thanks!
Old 22 November 2016, 17:44   #2
liviux76

Obviously you've already tried the email address at the end of the page...

How to reach me: Snailmail: Andreas Etzrodt Hauptstr. 15 49835 Wietmarschen Germany E-Mail: homecinemasharksoft.de
Old 22 November 2016, 17:55   #3
Daedalus

Yeah, the domain is lapsed and the gmx.de address I found on another one of his uploads isn't getting a response either. I haven't tried writing an actual letter to him, but it's the 21st century
Old 28 November 2016, 20:06   #4
scriptjester

Don't know if he is this one :
http://www.netventure.de/netventure-kontakt.html

Old 28 November 2016, 21:48   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Well, he is still active on EAB.

http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=12536
Old 28 November 2016, 23:34   #6
apex

He is available in the a1k.org forum, well known as Etze.
Old 29 November 2016, 07:25   #7
Etze
A3000-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptjester View Post
No, that's not me

In the mean time since releasing adfblitzer 2.2 I moved to another city, got another E-mail address and even changed my surname due to a wedding. So yes, it's not that easy to get in touch with me. But I'm an active member of this community and even more active on A1K (thx apex). Also, a letter to my former address would still find its way to me.

Last edited by Etze; 29 November 2016 at 08:57.
Old 02 December 2016, 10:22   #8
Daedalus

Ah, excellent, thanks!
Old 02 December 2016, 19:31   #9
Daedalus

I have messaged Etze privately as well, but I wanted to make a public apology as well for modifying his code without permission. My reasoning for doing so are that I did try to make contact to offer my help as requested in the ADF-Blitzer readme for improcing the program. That email bounced due to a lapsed domain so I tried another address found on another one of his readme files. That didn't bounce, but there was no response. Looking at all the packages released by Etze on Aminet, the most recent was more than a decade old, so I wrongly assumed that, like so many other Amiga developers, Etze had left the Amiga scene many years ago. Even so, I left the original version intact on Aminet rather than replacing it, just in case Etze ever came back to it or anyone else wanted his version.

It turns out I was wrong, and I'm glad that Etze is still around and that I can now have contact with him. My offer of help still stands - I will gladly give any and all help I can to improve ADF-Blitzer and any other packages he would like help with. I will also have my version removed from Aminet straight away if required with no questions or hard feelings.

I hope this apology is accepted and that Etze accepts my offer of help to improve this excellent and very useful program.
Old 02 December 2016, 22:45   #10
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
It turns out I was wrong, and I'm glad that Etze is still around and that I can now have contact with him. My offer of help still stands - I will gladly give any and all help I can to improve ADF-Blitzer and any other packages he would like help with.
I must say that after all these years I still use ADF-Blitzer for writing ADFs to disk as it's still the fastest out there! It would be great if you and Etze could co-operate to make a couple of key improvements, which IMHO would make it an absolute winner. The things I always missed in ADF-Blitzer were: (a) the ability to write ADFs to rad: or similar; and (b) being able to format/verify disks while writing ADFs back to floppy.

Is there any possibility of these two features being added in the near future?
Old 03 December 2016, 13:27   #11
Daedalus

Yeah, they're both features I had planned for a future update. Writing disks currently does actually format them as part of the process, but no manual verification of the data is done.
Old 03 December 2016, 21:21   #12
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Wonderful! Very much looking forward to it......

One more feature suggestion while I remember it......is there any possibility of incorporating a function to read disks to create extended ADFs and WWarp images? Perhaps Toni's Rawread could be utilised in some fashion to create extended ADFs, much like TSgui has.