English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 15 January 2003, 00:19   #241
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Joo2
Hi,
I found some stuff from your MIA but I dont know if you still need it or interested in. BTW do you plan to update the list sometime?
I recently updated the list and I am pretty certain it is all up to date, save a few Polish games I haven't gotten around to checking yet. There's a few contributions I have lost who donated, but beyond that, the list should be up to date. There's quite a few entries that need to be added, however, but that is a tough one to find time for.
Old 15 January 2003, 00:25   #242
Joo2

For example Bozuma is in your MIA although I posted a link for it.
(I am forgot my password so Joo=Joo2)

Old 15 January 2003, 00:29   #243
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
For example Bozuma is in your MIA although I posted a link for it.
(I am forgot my password so Joo=Joo2)
Was that version of the game under the name Bozuma? I do seem to recall the link you refer to, but can't remember the outcome. I'll check my stuff tonight and see, but I thought the version you linked to was under the name Mystery of the Mummy (correct me if I am wrong, though).
Old 15 January 2003, 01:34   #244
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by tonya
On safari was released , but under another name (dont recall it) ..

Add "Rainbow collection" to your MIA list please, hopefully someone could confirm if it ever was released either on ECS/Cdtv (basically bubblebobble/rainbow islands and parasol stars (i think) )
On Safari was released as Safari Guns. I have an original version and the box says On Safari, but the title screen says Safari Guns. One notable difference, however, is that OS is one disk and SG is two.

Rainbow Collection was indeed released on floppy, but not on CDTV. And instead of Parasol Stars, it was The New Zealand Story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rainbow collection.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	4441  
Old 15 January 2003, 02:42   #245
Joo2

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Was that version of the game under the name Bozuma? I do seem to recall the link you refer to, but can't remember the outcome. I'll check my stuff tonight and see, but I thought the version you linked to was under the name Mystery of the Mummy (correct me if I am wrong, though).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boz.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	4442  

Old 16 January 2003, 00:17   #246
Joo2

Question

Do you looking for this version? This picture is from the version from my link.

Old 16 January 2003, 01:39   #247
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Do you looking for this version? This picture is from the version from my link.
My apologies, Joo(2). After I saw the pic you posted, I wondered how come I missed that, as I remember when you first posted those disks. I looked everywhere on my system for the files and couldn't find them (this has happened with a number of my MIA files). Well, I finally figured out that they are here at work (downloaded while working) and I just forgot to xfer them to my machine at home.

MIA is updated. Whilst searching for the Bozuma disks on my machine, I also went through and did some more updates to the list, so I should be fairly well caught up by now.

So thanks for the contrib and my apologies for my snafu.
Old 16 January 2003, 20:35   #248
Joo2

I found another titel that is still your MIA (SAME GAME, DIFFERENT NAME) and also in your Found list: Down At The Trolls

Old 17 January 2003, 06:32   #249
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
I found another titel that is still your MIA (SAME GAME, DIFFERENT NAME) and also in your Found list: Down At The Trolls
Hmmm...I believe this one is correct. We have a version under the name Realm of the Trolls, but I've not seen a version with the name Down At The Trolls. You have this? Or did I miss it somewhere?
Old 18 January 2003, 19:14   #250
Joo2

I was a little bit confused what version you want. (I have also only Realm of the trolls)
You wrote in your Found-list “Down at the troll”. More correct would be if you write “Realm of the trolls” in your Found-list.
Or if you write in your “SAME GAME, DIFFERENT NAME” what version of that two version you need (or both). Only a suggestion for improvement perhaps.

Old 18 January 2003, 21:52   #251
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
I was a little bit confused what version you want. (I have also only Realm of the trolls)
You wrote in your Found-list “Down at the troll”. More correct would be if you write “Realm of the trolls” in your Found-list.
Or if you write in your “SAME GAME, DIFFERENT NAME” what version of that two version you need (or both). Only a suggestion for improvement perhaps.
I admit, the Found list was confusing; I hadn't noticed that because I just cut and paste the original MIA entry, which was listed as Down At The Trolls. I have fixed that. As for the SAME GAME, DIFFERENT NAME, the entries there are consistent with the rest of the list, with the game I seek in bold black (or as links as I find the time to update) with the version I already have in blue.

I feel like one of those messages will eventually fill up (ie, hit the max char limit), so it might be a good idea to ultimately transpose this MIA chart to the abime.net portal page or actually better if it appears somewhere on the HOL site.

There's a quite sizeable list of new entries for the list, but I think I may have traced a contact to obtain them, so I shall hold out a little longer (even though they will still get credited in FOUND). Plus I have added a bunch of MIAs into HOL that aren't on this list yet, so it's a pretty full job!
Old 22 January 2003, 05:55   #252
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Here's another German game I know nothing about: Grown. Apparently it is from Starbyte, but beyond that I know nothing. Anybody?
Old 22 January 2003, 10:45   #253
Bernd

Quote:
Here's another German game I know nothing about: Grown.
Its correct name is CROWN and it is even listed in HOL...
Old 22 January 2003, 12:16   #254
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Wink Graham Gooch World Class Cricket Test Match Special Edition

Scrub this game off your MIA list Twistin'! Freshly cracked and ready for TOSEC'ing...

This "clean" crack will also work with the soon-to-be-released WHDLoad version. (By clean I mean that none of the original files were modified to crack it).
Old 25 March 2003, 12:38   #255
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Listed on the LemNet Chronciles site (with a broken link), so I am seeking Lemmings 2: The Tribes Level Editor if anyone has a copy. TIA!
Old 30 March 2003, 05:58   #256
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, another then: Poker Solitaire. Anyone have this or know anything about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1&category=182
Old 31 March 2003, 12:08   #257
Bombjacker
Two-bit whore

Gauntlet

You can cross Gauntlet off your MIA possible list as it was never released for the Amiga. A conversion was done for the Atari ST which was more popular than the Amiga at the time because it was about £200 cheaper.
Old 01 April 2003, 02:07   #258
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombjacker
You can cross Gauntlet off your MIA possible list as it was never released for the Amiga. A conversion was done for the Atari ST which was more popular than the Amiga at the time because it was about £200 cheaper.
I'm in complete agreement with you here, but there are those out there that insist, swearing on their mothers' graves, that it exists and that they have seen/played this game. On the other hand, I believe their memories are playing tricks on them.

Is there anybody out there left that still thinks this game exists? If not, I'm gonna retire it to the DOES NOT EXIST chamber.
Old 01 April 2003, 12:27   #259
lord_kelevar

i'm sure it exists.

I think i even have a adf image of the game.

I will look tonight.

I think i'm 98% certain i have a copy.......
Old 01 April 2003, 14:03   #260
Bombjacker
Two-bit whore

Thumbs down Re: Gauntlet

There were a few arcade conversions released by US Gold that never made their way to the Amiga. Gauntlet was one of them and Roadrunner and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom were the other two. They were made when the ST was at a reasonable price and the Amiga was still not yet aimed at the mass consumer market and except for Marble Madness had very few arcade conversions. Unless someone actually comes up with the goods and uploads a ADF of any of these games I will not be persuaded otherwise. Gauntlet was one my most favourite games from the eighties and remember playing it on my ST and was a little bit peeved that I couldn't get it for the Amiga when I sold my ST and bought an Amiga.

Gauntlet 2 was released but this had inferior graphics even over the much older ST conversion of Gauntlet, although the ST version of Gauntlet suffered from terribly jerky scrolling due to no hardware scrolling capabilities.