English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 09 August 2004, 17:09   #1
Korodny
Zone Friend

Moonbases (1999 Homegrown/Alive Mediasoft)

(I don't think this one is in TOSEC yet, but I can't verify as tosec.org seems to have some problems right now - at least the TOSEC archives I checked are not carrying it).

Could somebody upload Moonbases for me?

If nobody has it lying around, does anybody know if this one supports gfx cards?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09 August 2004, 18:20   #2
derSammler

Quote:
does anybody know if this one supports gfx cards?
Yes, it does support RTG. However, this game isn't very old and you can still buy it...
Old 09 August 2004, 20:06   #3
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowsKiller
Yes, it does support RTG. However, this game isn't very old and you can still buy it...
Ups, sorry about that - I checked KDH, Vesalia Eternity and Forematt before posting. Do you have a link to some dealer still carrying it?

Does anybody know if it's any good btw.?
Old 10 August 2004, 05:31   #4
Galaxy

Available online at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do NOT post links to games that are still being sold !!!

Last edited by RetroMan; 10 August 2004 at 11:23.
Old 10 August 2004, 11:33   #5
RetroMan

You may first want to try the Demo, it´s available from Aminet
Old 10 August 2004, 14:38   #6
Galaxy

I was not aware that it was still for sale - I assumed that the list of sites in the EAB FAQ (http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=ami...miga_games_faq) would only provide things that were no longer available.
Old 10 August 2004, 15:05   #7
oldpx

It is contradictory that a link, already on this forum's faq cannot be posted here.

Old 10 August 2004, 15:53   #8
derSammler

It's not a good thing to have such sites in a FAQ anyway. You know, they aren't legal and you never know exactly what stuff they offer...
Old 10 August 2004, 15:54   #9
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
It is contradictory that a link, already on this forum's faq cannot be posted here.
It´s not only about the URL, it´s about the URL in content with the topic !!! You may find it contradictory but hey, I don´t really care .............
Old 10 August 2004, 16:03   #10
oldpx

I don't see why you are that annoyed, I made a short and sincere statement.

Removing the link doesn't make any sense because Korodny now knows that he can get it from the faq written by RCK and it's a member's duty to read FAQs therefore you are supposed to know about the link but not speak about it. Fight club rules?

What's eab's attitude towards links that might lead to illegal content? There needs to be some sort of consistency here. You can directly reach some nasty content with google too, where do we draw the line?

I sense they are going to be removed from the FAQ now although it's not my intention the make it happen like this. I heard some laws declare it illegal to link to websites that may contain illegal files but we still aren't sure if the hosting of that game is really illegal or which law that abime.net is to obey. Solving this ambiguity will solve the inconsistency problem.

Last edited by oldpx; 10 August 2004 at 16:13.

Old 10 August 2004, 16:27   #11
RetroMan

I´m not annoyed about you in personal, it´s just that this discussion allways appears in such threads and I´m ansolutely against piracy for software still on sale .... also I had to remove the link IN THIS SPECIAL TOPIC to protect the board from lawyers or whoever wants to take this to court as I don´t want RCK in trouble and I don´t want this board to go offline !!!

About the FAQ : Not my issue, I´m only a simple Mod !!!!!!

So, go ahead and post as many links as you like, I don´t mind but whenever it comes to software still on sale, I will FOR SURE remove that links as well ! FACT !! And if anyone here wants to complain about me or the work I´m doing here, please send RCK a mail, I really don´t mind !!!
Old 10 August 2004, 16:46   #12
oldpx

Calm down please, I would remove the link too if I were in your shoes. I mean, I'm not talking you in person either.