English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 08 August 2004, 19:57   #1
Hillsy_

Games request plus about original installers

Hiya All,
I am looking for a list of Amiga games which can be installed from their ADF's and work without any WHDLoad install scripts. For example, Kid ChaosAGA, Hired Guns seem to work without WHDLoad installers, any others?

Also, I am looking for WHDLoad installed games of the following. I've tried installing some of these games from WHDLoad installers, but not much luck. If you have these installed via WHDLoad, please would you upload them for me,

Knightmare,
Heroquest + Expansion (The Return of the WitchLord)
Celtic Legends
Dragon's Breath
Chaos Strikes Back
Datastorm
Awesome
Jim Power

Many Thanks,

Also, I am trying to get Super Stardust AGA (A1200 Version) working, it seems to work fine, but has a graphical glitch when entering the tunnel sections...well the ship is mirrored alot of times. Anybody know how to correct this?

Thanks again,
Hillsy

PS: Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08 August 2004, 20:20   #2
oldpx

Quote:
any others?
Impossible to count, most of the amigados games are installable even if there aren't original install scripts, given that you have configured the emulator properly and know about workbench a bit.

Old 08 August 2004, 20:30   #3
Hillsy_

Thanks for the reply!! I suppose, I mean games that came with installers. Hired Guns came with a HDinstaller on the ADF image...and it works within WinUAE. I know that the Shadow of the Beast series for example were floppy disk only until the WHDLoad installers came along.

Maybe we could form a list here? It will save me time, and alot of other people from trying to find HDinstallers for games that are already working without WHDLoad installers.

Just an Idea,

Thanks again,

Hillsy_
Old 08 August 2004, 20:49   #4
oldpx

hall of light can be searched for originally hd installable games, unfortunately many of the entries aren't accurate yet. have a look anyway.

Old 08 August 2004, 21:48   #5
Hillsy_

Thanks Burseg, Wow!! so many games, A very good Database!! Ah! Crystal Dragon...I remember this one. An old game, but one I actually completed. Always were a fan of the Dungeon Master games, brings a tear to my eye.

Then again, Chaos Strikes Back was the best, going down a corridor...then walking through some invisible walls thinking...what's down here....continuing...and then suddenly....faced by a Red Dragon!! Ahhhhh!! run!! Ah! not running fast enough. FIREBALL alert!!

Amiga days, some of the best ever!!

Thanks again,

Hillsy.
Old 09 August 2004, 14:50   #6
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

Although not exactly a set in concrete rule, it depended on the game genre(s) involved to a degree-for instance several U.S. based graphic adventure games eg: Sierra's King Quest, Leisure Suit Larry etc. could all be HD installed, as could Lucasarts games like Indiana Jones Last Crusade, Fate of Atlantis etc.
Likewise I believe several Microprose Flight sims could be HD friendly, as could a lot of Bullfrog's games,(Populous II,Theme Park etc.).
Old 09 August 2004, 15:44   #7
IFW

Actually old Sierra and all ICOM adventures have on-disk copy-protection. The older releases of FSII are also protected.
Old 10 August 2004, 15:53   #8
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW
Actually old Sierra and all ICOM adventures have on-disk copy-protection. The older releases of FSII are also protected.
Can only personally speak for the LSL Games,& Indiana Jones Last Crusade which had manual-based protection, but they quite encouraged the use of backups to protect using the original floppy discs.

And ditto the Gold Box SSI Gold Box games which were HD installable too.
Old 10 August 2004, 21:39   #9
IFW

Trust me, the ones I mentioned are all HLS protected.
One funny thing I encountered when a game encouraged backup (can't remember which one), but you'd need a duplicator machine - or get very lucky with an analogue copier - to make that backup