English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 04 December 2017, 12:34   #1
ptyerman

X-Amiga Uploaded

I had a PM expressing interest and as it's something I've been meaning to do for a while, I've uploaded the X-Amiga iso to the ftp. It can be found in /uploads/ptyerman as a zip file.
The web site can still be accessed through the web archive at https://web.archive.org/web/20081010212350/http://xamiga.net:80/index.html. The download links are all dead now, although the faq and docs are still accessible on the site.
Unfortunately the link to the source code is also dead and I don't have a copy of it, I haven't tried contacting the author to see if its available but maybe I should if no one else does. It would be great if someone could revive this project.
Even so, a while back as a precaution I copied all the docs pages and saved them as rtf files, these are also included in the zip file.
You may need to read the installation notes to get a working system if it doesn't work at first, it references all you need to know.
You will also need to create a suitable .uaerc before booting the Amiga environment. Also any ROMS and Workbench files will have to be provided by yourselves.
It's worth the time spent as it's a decent system when up and running. At the moment I have it installed on a old Pentium III system running AmigaSYS 4, and another on a AMD AthlonXP 2000 system running Amikit 8, both are fast systems under Amiga OS with RTG and full AGA support.
Enjoy.