English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 01 January 2015, 08:01   #1
oriented

Can't save games

I downloaded AmigaForever and it works great for simple games e.g. games that don't require saving like PacMan but I can't get it work for games that are more complex and require multi-session play ie saving. I've tried a few games but have different problems:
* Carthage: it keeps telling me the disk is write protected. I tried using save game disk image (downloaded) 2 as well as inserting a blank disk. I tried looking in Windows and in Amiga forever settings checking and unchecking various things including options to make it read only but no dice. I even tried to download different images but with no luck (same error message).
* Pool of radiance: I can save but when I exit AmigaForevder the saved characters and games don't show up. I used only the default path and tried saving to the disk images on which I ran the game and inserting a blank virtual floppy.
* Drakkhen Draconian: can't save, can't create custom characters. Disk2 (needed to create custom characters) should boot but it doesn't even boot in AF instead it boots into disk 1 even though I tried to run AF from disk 2 (either directly in AF by loading the file from the AF application or double clicking on the disk image for disk 2).

Any ideas? I couldn't find any answers online or on this website.
AF = AmigaForever

Old 01 January 2015, 20:19   #2
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Tried Carthage and although it says the disk is write protected, it has saved the game.

Don't forget to commit changes to embedded disk when exiting AF.

EDIT: DRAKKHEN; You need to download another disk 2, it should be bootable.
If you make all the disks int the RP9 "Manual" insertion then you can boot from either disk 1 or 2

EDIT: I've uploaded the RP9's I have, rename the .zip files to .RP9

Last edited by Arnie; 07 March 2015 at 18:16.
Old 02 January 2015, 01:18   #3
oriented

Hey thanks Arnie for your response and going the extra mile for the upload links too. I'll try the things you suggest and hopefully it works