English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 31 July 2020, 20:41   #1
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Microsoft ‘will discontinue Xbox Live Gold and make multiplayer free’, it’s claimed

hat’s according to VentureBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who made the claim on Friday after a since-deleted listing by retailer Smyths Toys claimed Halo Infinite will feature a “groundbreaking free-to-play multiplayer experience” running at 120fps.

“Free-to-play Halo MP only makes sense if Xbox Live Gold barrier goes away at least for free games,” he said.

Asked whether he believes Microsoft will get rid of Xbox Live Gold completely or just remove the paywall from free-to-play games, Grubb replied: “I think it’s going away entirely.”

Xbox Live Gold is required to play free-to-play multiplayer games like Fortnite and Call of Duty Warzone online. In contrast, PS4 and Switch owners aren’t required to sign up to online services in order to play either of these games.

Last year Microsoft began bundling Xbox Live Gold with Xbox Game Pass in the form of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which costs $14.99/£10.99 per month and will also include Project xCloud when it launches in September.

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...e-its-claimed/
Old 11 August 2020, 22:18   #2
simonhez

it wont convince me onto their platform however, I think it is a good move, if it comes to pass
Old Yesterday, 15:31   #3
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Just yesterday we are able to access beta version of android xbox app and they plan to enable online streaming play for XGP users to play 80-100 games in cloud, very similar to PlaStation Now.

I hope they don't change current ability to load games on xbox and PC as I will prefer that always over online streaming games.

If you have XGP, here is link for new app: XBox Game Pass (Beta)
Old Yesterday, 17:55   #4
klx300r

you definitely have to pay with Nintendo Switch if you want to play any online games
Old Yesterday, 18:45   #5
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

At least Nintendo is much cheaper than other 2, like half of it or even better iirc.

I got 1 year from Amazon Prime for free.