English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 February 2010, 17:01   #1
Washac

Re-Install ?

Hi All

OK, I have dug out an old 1200, it works

I do not want or need have the stuff on it, so what I would like to do is re-install
Workbench V3 on its HD.

The HD has two partitions, DH0: and DH1:

I will just clear DH1:

What I need is a guide to how I reinstall Workbench on DH0: so it all boots from there ?

I used to be able to do this basic stuff with my eyes closed many years ago, but its all
gotten lost in the darkest recesses of my mind.....

Thanks for reading.....
Old 08 February 2010, 17:33   #2
thomas

1. make a backup. Just for the case that you later notice that there is some software or some driver on the partition which you still need although you thought you wouldn't.
2. put the Install3.1 disk into DF0 and reset the computer.
3. when Workbench has loaded from floppy, select the DH0 icon and choose "format disk" from the menu. Enter a volume name, probably the same as it currently has and click on Quick. Now it's empty. It still boots, but it will only show you an empty DOS window.
4. open the Install3.1 icon, the Install drawer and double click your preferred language.
0. make sure that all your floppy disks are write protected. Never remove the write protection from an original disk. If it asks you to do so, you did something wrong before. You never need to write to the floppy disks during installation.
5. when asked for your skill, select advanced or expert. Never ever select Novice !!!
6. when asked where to install to, select the DH0 partition.
7. follow the onscreen instructions.
Old 08 February 2010, 20:53   #3
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
1. make a backup. Just for the case that you later notice that there is some software or some driver on the partition which you still need although you thought you wouldn't.
2. put the Install3.1 disk into DF0 and reset the computer.
3. when Workbench has loaded from floppy, select the DH0 icon and choose "format disk" from the menu. Enter a volume name, probably the same as it currently has and click on Quick. Now it's empty. It still boots, but it will only show you an empty DOS window.
4. open the Install3.1 icon, the Install drawer and double click your preferred language.
0. make sure that all your floppy disks are write protected. Never remove the write protection from an original disk. If it asks you to do so, you did something wrong before. You never need to write to the floppy disks during installation.
5. when asked for your skill, select advanced or expert. Never ever select Novice !!!
6. when asked where to install to, select the DH0 partition.
7. follow the onscreen instructions.
Hi Ya

Many thanks for the reminders, worked a treat.