English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 07 January 2011, 00:18   #121
amigapd

Having more success now - got Crazy Sue to work - removing the pictures has improved the speed on Winuae.

Very good and efficient toolkit.
Old 07 January 2011, 10:53   #122
thanius

I still can't create screenshots. Please, help?
Old 07 January 2011, 12:54   #123
amigapd

This would be of interest to me aswell - although i am still concerned with speed issues.

Is it possible to load PNG files (which I have on the www.amigapd.com website) on the amiga or pc and re save them in IFF format - also what dimensions will the screenshots have to be?

I have some IFF pictures from previous disk compliations but the images do not appear correct on the toolkit - they are the correct size but I think there must be something wrong with the pallette as the colours are not correct and make the images unviewable.
Old 07 January 2011, 19:41   #124
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Image conversion posts moved here : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56276
Read there how you can convert PNG to IFF images for the toolkit.

Last edited by TCD; 07 January 2011 at 19:52.
Old 08 January 2011, 00:58   #125
amigapd

I am now trying to include self booting adf disk images with the toolkit - e.g. for elevation i ve copied the contents of the disk into a folder called elevation and use the following script in the start file

C:Execute C:MakeRAD
CD0:Games/ELEVATION
elevation

This results in me getting the following message

Please insert volume ENV in any drive

If I click on cancel the game loads - this happens for other games I ve tried e.g. Fayoh, Fayoh 2, Defender, Fruit Salad.

What is ENV - is there a way to remove this message?
Do I need to add something to the start script ?

Overall it is looking promising in terms of using this kit to make a top 100 pd disk and I am impressed by the ease of use as my amiga program knowledge is very limited and yet I am making progress.
Old 08 January 2011, 01:07   #126
Cammy

Just add this to the start of your script:

C:MakeDir RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV

And you shouldn't get those messages anymore. It's a temporary directory where environment variables are saved and loaded.
Old 08 January 2011, 02:40   #127
amigapd

Thanks it works a treat
Old 08 January 2011, 02:46   #128
Cammy

No problem, I hope my post about converting PNG to IFF helped too.
Old 08 January 2011, 11:16   #129
amigapd

yes thanks for the iff help too.

I ve now got 39 out of 100 games working on my pd cd. I still have a few common errors appearing.

For Hellzone, Deluxe Pacman, Deluxe Galaga the games load but the graphics are currupted - is there something I can add to the start script to get the cd32 to boot with original chip set or are there other techniques to use to solve this problem?

Thanks again for the help the cd is coming along nicely and will save me having loads of 3.5 disks to store.
Old 08 January 2011, 11:20   #130
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Well Done Dude
You might not need the MakeRad for all games, might save a reboot
Try
JST execute Pacman
Old 08 January 2011, 11:39   #131
amigapd

Thanks

That has worked for Deluxe Galaga but has made things worse for Hellzone.

It has also solved the problem of games which were stuck on menu screens such as Cybernetix which is great.

Anythoughts on how to solve the problem for Hellzone? Tanx now loads quickly but the graphics are corrupt similar to Hellzone.

Last edited by amigapd; 08 January 2011 at 11:59.
Old 08 January 2011, 19:21   #132
Anakirob
Unregistered User

You could try various settings for TUDE before running the troublesome programs. Just remember to set them back to system default after quitting the game, or else it could cause problems with other games run afterwards.
Old 08 January 2011, 22:59   #133
amigapd

My original aim for creating the top 100 public domain cd was to make it available for download so people could enjoy the great pd games they might not know. However this compliation will have to contain the kickrom for whdload games to work and therefore due to copyright issues the disk can;t be downloaded.

If I focus on including non whdload games where I have copied files from the original 3.5 disks am I correct in thinking will they still work without the kickstart roms enabling me to delete the kickroms from the cd and therefore not break copyright law?

Are there any other programs on this compliation which will prevent me from making the completed cd available for people to download?
Old 11 January 2011, 03:08   #134
amigapd

Thanks Anakirob for recommending Tude - this program appears to have solved the problem I had with Doody and the SEUCK games - .
Old 23 January 2011, 14:30   #135
Bloodwych

Completely missed this thread. Interesting....
Old 24 January 2011, 19:44   #136
haymigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Completely missed this thread. Interesting....
Aihh...please make it a part of your brilliant classicWB packs which I still use, though with DOPUS ontop§

I boot into this AMS setup, and first entry is to boot classicwb AGA/RTG, the rest is all the games I have. If anyone is interested, I have made all the *.iff, * .start, folders and *.txt files for all games imagineable thanks to a little VBA code and some program where i batch converted the IFF sets already out there to fit the right palette.
Old 24 January 2011, 20:13   #137
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymigga View Post
Aihh...please make it a part of your brilliant classicWB packs which I still use, though with DOPUS ontop§

I boot into this AMS setup, and first entry is to boot classicwb AGA/RTG, the rest is all the games I have. If anyone is interested, I have made all the *.iff, * .start, folders and *.txt files for all games imagineable thanks to a little VBA code and some program where i batch converted the IFF sets already out there to fit the right palette.
If you can share all the files that would be awesome - I will look into adding this into the ClassicWB packs.
Old 07 February 2011, 18:55   #138
amigapd

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help I ve received in using this toolkit - as a sign of appreciation I ve added your various comments onto a FAQ page relating the CD32 toolkit on my website

http://www.amigapd.com/cd32-toolkit-faq.html

Hopefully this might inspire other people to have a go - as I said at the beginning I had no experience of using an Amiga for anything else but games when I started using this in January - just over a month later I have an almost finished 200+ amiga public domain game cd32 compliation. Whilst there were some initial frustrations once I got the general hang of the toolkit it was a very enjoyable exprience.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by amigapd; 10 February 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Update of link
Old 09 February 2011, 00:36   #139
Lord_Santa

thank you greatly for this

is there an extended manual available?

Last edited by Lord_Santa; 09 February 2011 at 04:09.

Old 15 February 2011, 12:53   #140
Lion

Hi,
I got my Amiga CD32 a few weeks ago, so I'm a newbie to all of this. I would like to use the Compilations Toolkit for putting some CD32 game versions, which are already ISOs or similar images (like those here: On the EAB file server in 'CD/CD32'), together on a CD, rather than using WHD versions or ADFs.
The problem is I have no idea where to put all the files from the ISOs and how to write the scripts for them. The manual only covers WHD versions.

Last edited by TCD; 15 February 2011 at 16:14. Reason: No direct links to the file server.