English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 June 2020, 16:05   #21
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
The LHA file is in the window you have set as destination, you have done a test on the fly and everything works fine, see attached video.

http://eab.abime.net/zone/Test%20MCAmiga.avi

Hi it is me again. Since it clearly works for you and many others obviously I think it might be a version issue of my LHA file. Mine is 2.15 for LHA and 1.21 for LZH. The way I call it in dopus is LHA -x a .... which works fine. Maybe MCAmiga uses different arguments which are not recognized by my version. For me it doesn’t work in both my 3.1.4 and 3.9 systems!! I checked in destination dir in source dir, root of the drive etc. No LHA file is there. So systems are irrelevant. LHA version file is the same.

What versions do you use?
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 16:40   #22
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

Steril707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Amiga Island
Posts: 1,734
Isn't DOpus doing this kind of stuff already since like 30 years?
Steril707 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 16:41   #23
Etze
A3000-Fan

Etze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin View Post
Would it be possible with an amiga look? The Ms-dos look ...

As MCAmiga was created by "playing" with the video unit, I guess that won't happen.




From his Blog:

Quote:
Playing around with the video unit, really easy to write a norton/midnight commander style application with it. Not really seriously plan to make such app, but to be fair, Amiga is lacking a good norton/midnight commander style app which is fully controllable via keyboard (typical amiga application are more mouse centered, like dopus 4/5, filemaster and so on)

I love its "GUI". But I grew up with Norton Commander and only got an Amiga Filemanager many years later.
Etze is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 16:57   #24
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Hi it is me again. Since it clearly works for you and many others obviously I think it might be a version issue of my LHA file. Mine is 2.15 for LHA and 1.21 for LZH. ?
I also have LHA 2.15 and LZH 1.21, your LHA and LZH commands are in SYS:C ?
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:02   #25
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Very strange. Yes they are in c:

I don't want to tire you. If you think of something just let me know. The extraction part of it works fine even in MCAmiga. It is just the creation that seems to be the issue .

Thanks for your help anyway
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:03   #26
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Isn't DOpus doing this kind of stuff already since like 30 years?
No FileManager has any problems because almost all of them use the external commands LHA, LZX, ZIP, RAR etc... I've tested many of them


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8O...dLnZFbo5U/view
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:07   #27
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Very strange. Yes they are in c:

I don't want to tire you. If you think of something just let me know. The extraction part of it works fine even in MCAmiga. It is just the creation that seems to be the issue .

Thanks for your help anyway

Don't worry I'm happy to do it, your problem is very strange, if your Hardfile is not very big you could send it to me so that I can analyze it and find out the cause of the failure.
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:10   #28
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Don't worry I'm happy to do it, your problem is very strange, if your Hardfile is not very big you could send it to me so that I can analyze it and find out the cause of the failure.
Thanks...

Yes I can send you. What hardfile you mean;
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:18   #29
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
HardFile (Virtual HD on File) or "zipped" folder with "only" your operating system where MCAmiga does not work with LHA.

Of course you'll have to send me in private the link where to download your file
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:27   #30
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Ok yes I will make a hard file and send you in private.

Talk to you soon

PS can I have yr email so I can send it to you with WEtransfer
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:34   #31
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
You can attach the link here in PM, I'll send you my e-mail anyway.

I see that you are from the island of Corfu (Greece), we are very close I am in Italy on the other side of the Adriatic Sea "Brindisi", Ancient Roman city very bound to Greece and Albania.

Sorry OT, it's very nice to talk to people from other countries, especially now that we're united by the same problem.
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:44   #32
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Oh yes we are very close. I am from Corfu. We have sea connection to Brindisi and many Italians of course here especially through the summer!!! That is cool indeed!! I don’t think though we will have anything this summer but things will come back to normal next year I hope.
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 17:59   #33
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
HardFile (Virtual HD on File) or "zipped" folder with "only" your operating system where MCAmiga does not work with LHA.

Of course you'll have to send me in private the link where to download your file

Do you need in HDF my whole 4gb cf image or just the workbench partition?
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 19:22   #34
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 1,418
MCAmiga v0.7 released.

new entry for tools menu: now you can search filesystem.


download: https://blog.alb42.de/2020/06/01/mcamiga-v0-7/
honx is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 20:20   #35
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Do you need in HDF my whole 4gb cf image or just the workbench partition?
As said in PM, MCAmiga works well on your system I have compacted files in LHA and LZX and have not found any problems.

As mentioned, the top might be a write protection problem on HD or something wrong.

question ? but to archive to executed the function key "F2" which enables the Commands to Archive LHA and LZX ?
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 20:29   #36
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 6,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Oh yes we are very close. I am from Corfu. We have sea connection to Brindisi and many Italians of course here especially through the summer!!! That is cool indeed!! I don’t think though we will have anything this summer but things will come back to normal next year I hope.
For the Coronavirus many events of the Summer have been skipped, including the Brindisi-Corfu regatta. Fortunately my region has been infected very little, now we are close to 0 infections.


[ Show youtube player ]
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 22:47   #37
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
For the Coronavirus many events of the Summer have been skipped, including the Brindisi-Corfu regatta. Fortunately my region has been infected very little, now we are close to 0 infections.


[ Show youtube player ]
Beautiful video and beautiful city. We need to meet if we manage to visit Brindisi or Corfu.
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 23:06   #38
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 45
Posts: 9,137
Can I ask.. Why would I use this over Dopus?? (It's a legit question)
BippyM is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 23:12   #39
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 178
I dont think that the capabilities, simplicity and flexibility of dopus can be reached nor will be replaced or overcome by anything. It is just a new import of a well known file manager and it is worth looking at i think. At least that is my view.
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 01 June 2020, 23:18   #40
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 45
Posts: 9,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
I dont think that the capabilities, simplicity and flexibility of dopus can be reached nor will be replaced or overcome by anything. It is just a new import of a well known file manager and it is worth looking at i think. At least that is my view.

Oh for sure, I just wonder the motivation to produce something like this
BippyM is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your favourite Amiga filemanager/directory tool mr_a500 Amiga scene 71 13 October 2020 15:38
Amiga FileManager AMIGASYSTEM support.Apps 27 26 August 2020 16:29
Last Ninja 2 tune "inspired" by an older tune, "Midnight in Tula" laffer Retrogaming General Discussion 7 27 March 2012 01:29
Long filenames filemanager MarlboroMan support.Apps 23 25 July 2007 10:03
Norton Commander Clone for Amiga? Ollibolli request.Apps 28 16 December 2002 11:45

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10046 seconds with 15 queries