English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 05 June 2012, 18:35   #1
pudwink

amiga 1200 and adf files

Hi all
I had an amiga in the 90s when they were hightech and am now returning to an amiga.I have just brought a Amiga 1200 with hdd and a pcmcia adaptor with 4 gb sandisk ultra card.
now i have worked out how to put adf game files onto the card and transfer them to floppy disk using adf2disk but i am struggling to get games to work.
today it is wings and dalek attack,wings i can some times get to load up to be able to put my name in then freezes dalek attack i get the screen where i click the mouse it accesses the disk drive and that is it.
I have tried using relokick disc first but still the same results is it a matter that the 1200 does not like the games or is it me any help please.
Old 05 June 2012, 19:55   #2
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudwink View Post
Hi all
I had an amiga in the 90s when they were hightech and am now returning to an amiga.I have just brought a Amiga 1200 with hdd and a pcmcia adaptor with 4 gb sandisk ultra card.
now i have worked out how to put adf game files onto the card and transfer them to floppy disk using adf2disk but i am struggling to get games to work.
today it is wings and dalek attack,wings i can some times get to load up to be able to put my name in then freezes dalek attack i get the screen where i click the mouse it accesses the disk drive and that is it.
I have tried using relokick disc first but still the same results is it a matter that the 1200 does not like the games or is it me any help please.
Some reasons:
-bad disk images
-bad floppy disk media
-faulty hardware(floppy drive)
-incompatible Software(mentioned games)

Have you tried real A1200 games?
If A1200 games runs fine, then the mentioned game are incompatible, even if you use Relokick.
Old 05 June 2012, 20:01   #3
pudwink

Its just a matter of try and see at the moment to what i can get to work ,one other point if anyone is in the know the amiga 1200 is fine but when it access a disk pcmcia or hdd the picture on my screen starts flickering anyone got any ideas?.