English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06 February 2019, 20:43   #1
oRBIT
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gothenburg/Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 260
Needs help with decrunching

Back in the days I had the habit of linking my crunched stuff with other exefiles to make decrunching more difficult. And well, yes.. I haven't found any tool yet that's able to decrunch this properly. Anyone knows of a good tool?
Here's the exefile I want to decrunch, can anyone skilled assist perhaps? Or point to a nice tool that does the job? I've tried "xfdDecrunch" and something called "XoXo" but with no luck.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ay5n0pqvr...age01.zip?dl=0
Thanks in advance
oRBIT is offline  
Old 06 February 2019, 20:59   #2
ross
Per aspera ad astra

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 49
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by oRBIT View Post
Back in the days I had the habit of linking my crunched stuff with other exefiles to make decrunching more difficult. And well, yes.. I haven't found any tool yet that's able to decrunch this properly. Anyone knows of a good tool?
Here's the exefile I want to decrunch, can anyone skilled assist perhaps? Or point to a nice tool that does the job? I've tried "xfdDecrunch" and something called "XoXo" but with no luck.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ay5n0pqvr...age01.zip?dl=0
Thanks in advance
A simple Power Packer 4.0 file with an added dummy data hunk at the end
Attached Files
File Type: zip giants-braindamage01.zip (93.4 KB, 20 views)
ross is offline  
Old 06 February 2019, 21:05   #3
oRBIT
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gothenburg/Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 260
Oh thanks. Did you manage to decrunch it with PowerPacker or did you use any other tool?
oRBIT is offline  
Old 06 February 2019, 21:14   #4
ross
Per aspera ad astra

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 49
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by oRBIT View Post
Oh thanks. Did you manage to decrunch it with PowerPacker or did you use any other tool?
Manually edited the header and deleted the last hunk, then used xfdDecrunch.

However you must know how the Amiga's exe are structured.
Then to modify it any hex editor do the job (literally a few secs job).

I do not know if there is any tool that allows auto-stripping hunks from executables.
ross is offline  
Old 06 February 2019, 21:32   #5
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Posts: 5,180
ross, i use LZ with a simple click with Dopus4, see video

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 18 February 2019 at 23:12.
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 06 February 2019, 21:37   #6
oRBIT
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gothenburg/Sweden
Age: 44
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
ross, i use LZ with a simple click with Dopus4, see video

Cool! Thanks for the tip!
oRBIT is offline  
Old 06 February 2019, 21:56   #7
ross
Per aspera ad astra

ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Crossing the Rubicon
Age: 49
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
ross, i use LZ with a simple click with Dopus4, see video
ross is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Decrunching files under Windows chip support.Other 11 15 February 2019 07:10
Decrunching two files - Great Courts 2, help please Snyfls Coders. General 9 26 July 2015 23:20
Manual decrunching stewieboy Coders. General 0 29 March 2014 13:21
Having trouble decrunching the data from this exe... MethodGit Coders. General 16 30 November 2010 15:46
Trouble decrunching specific data in Shadow Fighter AGA MethodGit Coders. General 6 23 November 2010 03:07

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08173 seconds with 14 queries