English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 December 2014, 03:51   #321
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yes, there are some reasons for that. First AmiKit is thought to be used with a PC, so there you can find a program like Win, but you can't use it on a real amiga. There are other programs that can run on my version but they do need an FPU, and I preffer not to have them. Anyway there are a couple like NetSurfAga or now there will be IconMaker that uses ImageConverter and they need an FPU, but they are exceptions. In fact my version hasn't Perfect Paint just because it needs FPU, but with my update 8 it will use now Personal Paint that doesn't need it.
And finally there are some programs or demos that need a graphic card, so they aren't on my version.
Have Fun !!
Great! Thanks

Maybe Real Amikit 8 could include programs that require fpu and also graphics card and ask whether to install them or not as well for people who also have fpu and rtg card? Wouldn't it be swell if you could choose to install Cybergraphics4&the latest update or Picasso96&latest update while installing? Maybe they could be included as add-ons? RTG addon and FPU addon?

The biggest program with Real Amikit is that you can not choose which version to install for many files if you are using a different cpu. Or can you? (On WinUAE everybody uses a 020 since it doesn't matter speedwise) What if I have a 040 or a 060 (or even PPC)? I don't even know which files have 040 or 060 versions and I will have to check every file for different cpu versions and reinstall them. If you think it could be implemented, I can search for all of the files that have versions for different cpus.

Last edited by ancalimon; 08 December 2014 at 04:07.
Old 08 December 2014, 10:58   #322
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I can't include Cybergraphics4. Maybe I could include Picasso96, not sure. Anyway you can also install it. I already have an RTG plug-in for my version (worked for the last two updates). In the next days/weeks I will try to make another RTG plug-in for the update 8 too, as it needs a new one. I also will include in the plug-in the programs that need an FPU/RTG.

About CPU you can use MorpheuZ to change its libraries and use a 060 if you want. Of course some programs use the 020 version instead, like IBrowse. You should use at least 030 on WinUAE.

>If you think it could be implemented, I can search for all of the files that have versions for different cpus.

I could take a look to give that option. Now I am thinking on IBrowse and it has a lot I believe to remember: 020, 020no Fpu, 040, 060, 040 no Fpu or something like that.
Old 08 December 2014, 22:40   #323
HanSolo

I use directoryopus 5.91 as workbench replacement and disk icons are not shown on desktop.I see names but no icons.When I delete disk.info in ram: they reapear, but when I move window on them of awhile or click on them to select they disapear again. What may be cause of that?
Old 08 December 2014, 23:58   #324
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
I use directoryopus 5.91 as workbench replacement and disk icons are not shown on desktop.I see names but no icons.When I delete disk.info in ram: they reapear, but when I move window on them of awhile or click on them to select they disapear again. What may be cause of that?
Did you use MorpheuZ to change DOpus? Try on WinUAE too. What specs have you got, Amiga, accelerator, etc? Have you changed anything?
Old 09 December 2014, 06:38   #325
PeterK

Quote:
Your description sounds exactly like that what happens when you try to use the AfA_OS_LIBS:icon_lib.exe together with DOpus 5.9x. This doesn't work yet. Move icon_lib.exe into the "Disabled" drawer or use MorpheuZ for switching from 5.82 to 5.9x. MorpheuZ will take care for that automatically.
Old 09 December 2014, 07:13   #326
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
I can't include Cybergraphics4. Maybe I could include Picasso96, not sure.
You don't have to include anything. Ask for the Cg4 cd, install, reboot, do the update.

By the way after installing everything, Amikit fails to boot on my system. (After setpatch reboots the system, things start giving software failure (like the "if" command). Copying the CybertormPPC libraries did not change anything. But replacing the loadmodule command with blizkick command fixes it.

Now I will try to figure out how to make things faster because it seems slow for no apparent reason. (maybe I'm spoiled and need warp datatypes wos and peterk's icon.library and some other stuff) But it's great to have this on my Amiga without all the hassle. Thanks!

Now I will try the rtg plugin for my Cybergraphx4 installation (but it's for old Amikit). But I have already modified the startup-sequence to skip aga related stuff. I won't install it directly but simply use the files since installation instructions assume you are using Picasso96. I also won't use afaos since I will be using PeterK's icon.library.

At the moment window operations seem slow (some 4 times according to SysSpeed).

Last edited by ancalimon; 09 December 2014 at 11:49.
Old 09 December 2014, 07:47   #327
ancalimon
Supernormal

By the way MUI4 colours seem wrong. Some text can not even be read as they have the same color as background colour. (at least on my 16bit CGX4 screen) I guess they changed the palette system to FullPalette and I need a new palette for FullPalette. How will I ever configure it to look correct?
Old 09 December 2014, 11:21   #328
HanSolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Your description sounds exactly like that what happens when you try to use the AfA_OS_LIBS:icon_lib.exe together with DOpus 5.9x. This doesn't work yet. Move icon_lib.exe into the "Disabled" drawer or use MorpheuZ for switching from 5.82 to 5.9x. MorpheuZ will take care for that automatically.
Unfortunatelly afa_os is unstable and I have got graphical corruption in windows when I disabled icon_lib.exe. Guess I must wait util guys from dir opus fix that.
Old 09 December 2014, 11:30   #329
PeterK

You may also need to disable AfA's graphics_lib.exe when DOpus 5.9x is installed.
Old 09 December 2014, 13:34   #330
ancalimon
Supernormal

Now that was strange. I copied over most of the files from Amikit8 env-archive dir. Suddenly everything on my real Amikit install is much faster. Even magicasl which was crawling before.

It seems like the 256colours pictures and patterns from real Amikit8 are much slower to load. And something else was slowing everything down.

Last edited by ancalimon; 09 December 2014 at 13:51.
Old 09 December 2014, 15:49   #331
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I greatly appreciate and like to listen people running AmiKitReal on their RTG Amigas, and reporting bugs with DOPus5.91 and AfA_OS, but you all know that AmiKitReal doesn't install any RTG drivers, neither AfA_OS, and that DOPus5.91 is in Experimental process. Also you can't take some files from here or there, copy some to your RTG system and report that now it goes slow or later it goes much faster. I can not give any support to that installation.

I only say that I can not help much with any possible bug but I will be interested to know how to solve them if any can give answers to those questions. If you see AmiKit for Pc avoids AfA_OS if you install DOpus 5.91 and I will use that MorpheuZ too if I can make again an RTG plugin.

Also you can see with MorpheuZ if you change the DOpus version you'll find a "send feedback" button to open Sourceforce. You've got also a discussion forum here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/discussion/

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 December 2014 at 19:29.
Old 09 December 2014, 16:02   #332
ancalimon
Supernormal

(I'm not using afaos, I will make this tick on my configuration eventually )

By the way,

I have found a possible mistake (I can not be sure since I keep editing the Startup-Sequence since "if" causes fails on at least some lines.

If you use env handler;

1) You have to modify the following lines:

Code:
C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV

so that it looks like:

Code:
C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:T/VC_TEMP
Old 09 December 2014, 17:34   #333
PeterK

@Retrofan

I was already wondering why some people seem to use AfA_OS with your AmiKitReal distribution now. So, I decided to try out your new v8 release and installed it over a fresh OS 3.9 BB2 setup on WinUAE. Well done, there were no problems during the AmiKitReal installation.

Finally, I started MorpheuZ and called InstallPatches. But after the reboot there was a wrong DefIcons program in the WBStartUp drawer. It's the preferences program of DefIcons instead of the DefIcons launcher, which can be found in the disabled subdir. Ok, I simply deleted the wrong DefIcons from WBStartup then.
Old 09 December 2014, 19:04   #334
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Finally, I started MorpheuZ and called InstallPatches. But after the reboot there was a wrong DefIcons program in the WBStartUp drawer. It's the preferences program of DefIcons instead of the DefIcons launcher, which can be found in the disabled subdir. Ok, I simply deleted the wrong DefIcons from WBStartup then.
Glad you installed it Peter. I didn't make the InstallPatches program, I've only adapted it a bit.
Thanks I will fix that. Thanks a lot Ancalimon too.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 December 2014 at 19:56.
Old 10 December 2014, 19:07   #335
ancalimon
Supernormal

I tried installing the standard Amikit8 on a clean OS3.9+bb1+bb2 partition on my amiga hdd using WinUAE. I removed the UAE monitor file and copied CVisionPPC monitor file. I also copied the cybergraphx libraries.

Result: It runs on on my A4000T. AmiStart taskbar is corrupted for some reason (probably an ENV variable of CyberGraphx4. The icons appear fine but it causes reboot when I mess up with it). It's very slow and I can't start almost anything. (instant freeze).

I have found that the reason is afaos. Disabling afaos fixes the freezing problem and everything is very fast. The side effect is that mui colours are all messed up (invisible text). So somehow MUI4 depends on AFAOS for proper colours.(by the way all of this on standard amikit8 installation with Dopus 5.82. Not Dopus 5.9)

I don't know why afaos is causing these freezes. I couldn't even start morpheuz or afa prefs to try to disable afaos or disable antialiasing So I had to disable afaos from startup-sequence (and I had to do it by booting without-startup-sequence and using the ed command from my other partition since ed command of Amikit was also causing freeze as well as editpad.)

Maybe afaos is incompatible with my setup?

Last edited by ancalimon; 10 December 2014 at 19:17.
Old 10 December 2014, 19:39   #336
HanSolo

I have same issue on 060. I dont know why it works on winuae in amikit. Indeed disabling afaos loader in s-s help, but I use diropus591.

Also I have question to Peter K. are you author of "minstack" command tool? If yes what is dirrefence between minstack and stackattack ?

Last edited by HanSolo; 10 December 2014 at 19:45.
Old 10 December 2014, 20:03   #337
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
I have same issue on 060. I dont know why it works on winuae in amikit. Indeed disabling afaos loader in s-s help, but I use diropus591.

Also I have question to Peter K. are you author of "minstack" command tool? If yes what is dirrefence between minstack and stackattack ?
As far as I know, minstack sets a predefined stack for all all programs while stackattack increases stack on demand. In stackattack's readme it says to use the stackattack command twice for some reason.

http://se2.aminet.net/pub/aminet/uti...Attack2.readme

Installation
------------
At the moment you should install by hand.
1. Copy StackAttack or StackAttack_020 to C:
2. In S:startup-sequence, directly after the SetPatch line, add "StackAttack" (minus quotes)
3. In S:startup-sequence, directly before the LoadWb line, add "StackAttack AUTO" (minus quotes again)
4. Type "StackAttack AUTO" into a CLI
5. That's it, no need to reboot or anything ;-)

But I see that nobody uses it like this. Is there a reason for this?
Old 11 December 2014, 02:58   #338
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ancalimon when using RTG usualy the graphic problems with AmiStart for my tryings dissappear if you use 24bits instead of 32, or you can use 32 but without AfA_OS.

I would preffer if you post in this thread about my Real version instead of the PC version though. Well, I really don't know to what version you are referring to, so better use the terms AmiKitReal or AmiKit for PC.

If you see we are changing the name, just to keep a single product name. It will be from now on "AmiKitReal". I hope you´ll like it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 December 2014 at 09:38.
Old 11 December 2014, 07:22   #339
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
In my experience StackAttack and Afa_OS make the system unstable, some programs crash and some won't even start. I prefer not to use them.
Old 11 December 2014, 10:05   #340
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:
Ancalimon when using RTG usualy the graphic problems with AmiStart for my tryings dissappear if you use 24bits instead of 32, or you can use 32 but without AfA_OS.

I would preffer if you post in this thread about my Real version instead of the PC version though. Well, I really don't know to what version you are referring to, so better use the terms AmiKitReal or AmiKit for PC.

If you see we are changing the name, just to keep a single product name. It will be from now on "AmiKitReal". I hope you´ll like it.
Sorry that I confused you. I am confused myself.

Well here's the summary:

AmikitReal does not run out of the box on my Amiga. It causes a "IF failed" (suspend reboot) requester as soon as it started booting. After disabling lines related to "IF" inside Startup-Sequence, and also replace loadmodule with a single blizkick line, I was able to boot but it was too much work to configure it for my Cybergraphx screen after installing CyberGraphx and MUI colours were all wrong. (like invisible text in many places)

Then I tried the Windows version and I was talking about that one on my previous post. I was trying to get support for afaos but you are right. This topic is not the right place for that