English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 September 2019, 11:17   #21
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 15,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiho View Post
My usual source never updated for this release -- but every MAME release gets posted the same day.
I guess you're talking about Pleasuredome torrents
DamienD is offline  
Old 04 September 2019, 19:41   #22
hiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, USA
Posts: 60
Correct.



I would have thought at least the Amiga update would have turned up there if for no other reason than all the files are here.
hiho is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 06:34   #23
ADz
A mighty pirate!

ADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hull / England
Posts: 104
Probably a silly question and I apologise if it's been covered but I assume I can simply overwite old files with ones from newer packs?

For example use 2016 as base and then copy over the updates in the update packs to add/replace files?
ADz is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 06:56   #24
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
Probably a silly question and I apologise if it's been covered but I assume I can simply overwite old files with ones from newer packs?

For example use 2016 as base and then copy over the updates in the update packs to add/replace files?
Not really as some files need to be renamed and you could be writing over them with newer files with same name, you nedd to get CLRMame Pro and the dat files from TOSEC and run the dats first
Viceroy is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 08:08   #25
ADz
A mighty pirate!

ADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hull / England
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Not really as some files need to be renamed and you could be writing over them with newer files with same name, you nedd to get CLRMame Pro and the dat files from TOSEC and run the dats first

I was referring to update packs ones on EAB server?
ADz is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 11:37   #26
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
I was referring to update packs ones on EAB server?
So was I!
Viceroy is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 12:16   #27
tero
Registered User

tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: M'Gladbach
Age: 42
Posts: 561
You will end up with double files, one of them with a wrong name. Same with files that were moved to another .dat. So just copying over is really not a good idea.
tero is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 03:40   #28
gandamaluco
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albufeira / Portugal
Age: 41
Posts: 3
Pleasuredome has this: TOSEC Main Branch Xmas Release! (2018-12-27)
I have it ( Commodore Amiga and Zx Spectrum only ) in my HD and still seeding via utorrent.
The May update I've downloaded from the EAB ftp.
gandamaluco is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 06:03   #29
hiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, USA
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
You will end up with double files, one of them with a wrong name. Same with files that were moved to another .dat. So just copying over is really not a good idea.

This is the problem that Rom Vault was developed to solve.


http://www.romvault.com/
hiho is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 10:39   #30
Viceroy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiho View Post
This is the problem that Rom Vault was developed to solve.


http://www.romvault.com/
Exactly!
You cannot maintain TOSEC without Romvault of CLRmame Pro, personally I find CLRMame much easier to use!
Viceroy is offline  
Old 08 September 2019, 19:20   #31
hiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Antonio, USA
Posts: 60
Put me down as finding Rom Vault easier to use!


Whichever tool you use, a rom manager is a must for collectors.
hiho is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TOSEC Release (2019-04-01) eispic project.TOSEC (amiga only) 2 02 April 2019 15:13
TOSEC Release (2014-10-31) Cassiel project.TOSEC (amiga only) 14 02 November 2014 18:51
TOSEC Release (2014-07-31) Cassiel project.TOSEC (amiga only) 49 08 August 2014 19:46
New TOSEC Release (2011-11-11) Cassiel project.TOSEC (amiga only) 8 07 January 2012 00:00

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07681 seconds with 15 queries