English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 02 July 2019, 21:14   #1
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Britformers- transformers g1 style comic- kickstarter!

Hi everyone- there is a kickstarter campaign here with a modest financial goal. It is for the publication of an indy comic book. This comic has a distinctly British flavour with many cultural references. The central protagonists are transforming robots with classic British vehicles as their alternate modes. It is set in the 1960's in the time when Reginald and Ronnie Kray led their reign of terror.

Issue 2- introduces a team named "Armed Force" The artist and I will collaborate on two spin off tales featuring this new group known as armed forces- those will be coming in a few months. as of now I am not directly affiliated with this campaign but am simply just helping to get the word out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...m=britformers#
Old 03 July 2019, 03:00   #2
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Hi everyone- there is a kickstarter campaign here with a modest financial goal. It is for the publication of an indy comic book. This comic has a distinctly British flavour with many cultural references. The central protagonists are transforming robots with classic British vehicles as their alternate modes. It is set in the 1960's in the time when Reginald and Ronnie Kray led their reign of terror.

Issue 2- introduces a team named "Armed Force" The artist and I will collaborate on two spin off tales featuring this new group known as armed forces- those will be coming in a few months. as of now I am not directly affiliated with this campaign but am simply just helping to get the word out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...m=britformers#
So a shout out to Transformers AND Action Force....the only 2 comics I ever subscribed to?

Interesting........
Old 03 July 2019, 11:53   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Merging two beloved things together does not guarantee greatness
Old 03 July 2019, 15:36   #4
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
What Master Yoda said..
Old 04 July 2019, 13:08   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I take offence to that, Yoda would say "Merging two beloved things together, guarantee greatness it does not". My version grammarred more goodly.
Old 05 July 2019, 02:39   #6
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
You two stop derailing this thread.

Now for something much more important.
Shouldn't that Britformer on the cover hold his gun on the left side? Since you Brits drive on the wrong side of the road, the Britformers should hold their weapons on the wrong side too.

And don't try to make a cross-over with some Franceformers which would flee after their very first defeat. That would be a very nasty stereotype

More seriously, funny project. I like the idea and wish you luck with that.
Old 05 July 2019, 04:29   #7
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
You misread my post I think.

I said "interesting"

I didn't say "great"

Looks like a cool concept and great idea. For me personally though, I'd just buy a few copies of the originals if I really wanted that nostalgia hit. I looked up G1 transformers recently and the comics are not silly prices at all.

The Deaths Head story line would be a cool one to revisit.

God, to think, I had from ~issue 4, to around ~250, with very few missing, all stacked in a cupboard. Pretty sure they all got binned as part of "growing up". FFS lol.

Action Force (GI Joe for any american's wondering, was called Action Force in the UK) was cool, but can't say I'd bother re-buying any.

Stuff it...I'm re-watching Transformers the movie this weekend.