English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 23 March 2019, 08:29   #141
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_skroht View Post
Yeah tried Battle Chess, and that definitely works. Populous also works.

In this modern age I still find it as exciting as ever getting those old modem games working. Hasn't lost it's shine. Unfortunately we don't have landline anymore due to shift to fibre optic Internet so looking for an alternative way of connecting for these old games.

Well, if these work then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the WiModem232! You could try changing the buffer size limit (AT*BL, see the manual for details). Until I see an original, I won't know what is going on.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 21 May 2019, 17:00   #142
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 201
Hi Jim. How did you go with Knights of the Sky? Any progress?
sean_sk is offline  
Old 22 May 2019, 07:36   #143
bbond007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MIAMI/USA
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
How are you setting the port number?
I'm not... default if not specified is 23 which is standard for telnet.

I could set the port number in the alias. ie. 1234567 = 192.168.1.13:31337 but then I'd also have to change TCP_SERVER_PORT = in the INI file.
bbond007 is offline  
Old 22 May 2019, 23:44   #144
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
Hi Jim. How did you go with Knights of the Sky? Any progress?

The disks I bought from eBay would not boot. So, I am trying to locate another set. :\
JimDrew is offline  
Old 22 May 2019, 23:47   #145
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post
I'm not... default if not specified is 23 which is standard for telnet.

I could set the port number in the alias. ie. 1234567 = 192.168.1.13:31337 but then I'd also have to change TCP_SERVER_PORT = in the INI file.

You MUST set the port number to match. The default outgoing port for the WiModem232 is 1541. The default incoming port is 6400. When you dial out to a URL you can set the port number as part of the URL, ie:

ATDT<URL>:<PORT>

So, something like: ATDTAMIGABBS.NET:1234

This would dial AMIGABBS.NET with a port number of 1234.

When you "call" a WiModem232, you have to use port 6400 or change the port number permanently using the proper AT command and use the changed port number.

Last edited by JimDrew; 22 May 2019 at 23:56.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 24 May 2019, 03:14   #146
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The disks I bought from eBay would not boot. So, I am trying to locate another set. :\

Jim why don't you just grab the ADF's?
sean_sk is offline  
Old 27 May 2019, 08:17   #147
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 657
This is a copy-protected program. I do not want to waste my time looking at something that is "cracked" and may not work because of it. Also, I do not use cracked programs due to copyright reasons. I have thousands of original Amiga disks here, but ironically I didn't have this particular program.
JimDrew is offline  
Old 09 July 2019, 18:11   #148
Zener
Registered User
Zener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barcelona / Spain
Posts: 236
I did a small program to avoid having to change the baud rate every time:
http://aminet.net/package/comm/term/wiready
Zener is offline  
Old 13 July 2019, 07:54   #149
JimDrew
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 657
You do know that you can set the baud rate (and any other option) and store that permanently? For example, if you want to change the baud rate to always be 19200 when you power up the WiModem232 you would run your terminal program (at 300 baud if that is what your WiModem232 is set to) and type:

AT*B19200 <RETURN>
AT&W <RETURN>

The first command sets the baud rate, and the second command stores all settings. If you power off the WiModem232 and turn it back on it will come up at 19200 baud until you changed it again (and stored it again).
JimDrew is offline  
Old 18 August 2019, 21:41   #150
Zener
Registered User
Zener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barcelona / Spain
Posts: 236
I will try it, thanks for the tip!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You do know that you can set the baud rate (and any other option) and store that permanently? For example, if you want to change the baud rate to always be 19200 when you power up the WiModem232 you would run your terminal program (at 300 baud if that is what your WiModem232 is set to) and type:

AT*B19200 <RETURN>
AT&W <RETURN>

The first command sets the baud rate, and the second command stores all settings. If you power off the WiModem232 and turn it back on it will come up at 19200 baud until you changed it again (and stored it again).
Zener is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
25 x WIFI CARDS - LINKSYS - WPA2/AES - AMIGA - A600/A1200 PCMCIA WIFI Sir_Lucas MarketPlace 222 29 September 2019 19:19
I was having wifi issues Devlin support.Hardware 2 26 May 2016 16:50
25 x WIFI CARDS - ZYXEL - WPA2/AES - AMIGA - A600/A1200 PCMCIA WIFI Sir_Lucas MarketPlace 82 10 February 2016 16:24
PCMCIA Wifi? tonyyeb support.Hardware 52 01 September 2010 15:45
56k PC modem cable = null modem cable for amiga\PC? Reverend Emi New to Emulation or Amiga scene 6 14 July 2008 07:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07712 seconds with 16 queries