English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 May 2015, 15:13   #121
mjnurney

i stil haven't tried this , are all the disks available ?
Old 06 May 2015, 15:46   #122
Lemming880

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnurney View Post
Disks used to be available here but seems locked now. I found a mirror here. Edit: I deleted the links because of dogy pop-ups

Last edited by Lemming880; 06 May 2015 at 23:43.
Old 06 May 2015, 16:03   #123
mjnurney

I better take a look
Old 06 May 2015, 16:46   #124
mjnurney

thanks for the link but i'll find another , that is full of spyware

:-)
Old 06 May 2015, 23:45   #125
Lemming880

Yeah I saw some pop-ups so I deleted the links to be sure. I've uploaded it to the zone for your convenience.
Old 06 May 2015, 23:56   #126
mjnurney

oh good man :-)
Old 18 September 2015, 02:41   #127
segafan

RealityGameEngine disks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnurney View Post
Not sure if still relevant, but here's all disks what i have about Reality Game Engine.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z RealityGameEngine.7z (2.40 MB, 468 views)

Old 22 December 2015, 00:58   #128
amigapd

For those interested in this software - I have now experimented with all three skeleton disks

The last one being the Platform skeleton disk - I have created a short video of my WIP at [ Show youtube player ]

The disks available and my corresponding demo games are:

Shoot Em Up - Created Kingdoms of Steam - link to youtube video - [ Show youtube player ]
Adventure - Created Dylan the Spaceman and the Smelly Aliens from Mars - Demo
Platform - WIP demo Super Robin

The best one is by far the Adventure the disk and this can be used to create games very close to the original dizzy adventures

The shoot em up disk is limited due to no in game music and not being able to change the sound effects - unless some one can work out how to convert samples to the format used by reality

The platform disk is quite good - biggest problem is the map is limited to one size and there are constraints on the number of enemies - moving platforms you can place in each level.

Last edited by amigapd; 22 December 2015 at 01:36.
Old 22 December 2015, 01:07   #129
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I like your graphics style alot - can you change the speed its like its scrolling 16pixels!

I also llike Brian Bell stuff so if anyone ever makes contact with him please tell him - side note he did a strange double buffer causes some flicker sometimes, and I think I read his office was broken into and Amigas stollen and source lost and that was the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigapd View Post

For those interested in this software - I have now experimented with all three skeleton disks

The last one being the Platform skeleton disk - I have created a short video of my WIP at [ Show youtube player ]

The disks available and my corresponding demo games are:

Shoot Em Up - Created Kingdoms of Steam
Adventure - Created Dylan the Spaceman and the Smelly Aliens from Mars - Demo
Platform - WIP demo Super Robin

The best one is by far the Adventure the disk and this can be used to create games very close to the original dizzy adventures

The shoot em up disk is limited due to no in game music and not being able to change the sound effects - unless some one can work out how to convert samples to the format used by reality

The platform disk is quite good - biggest problem is the map is limited to one size and there are constraints on the number of enemies - moving platforms you can place in each level.
The end of video shows some info? are you ok with that

Last edited by Retro1234; 22 December 2015 at 01:24.
Old 22 December 2015, 01:12   #130
amigapd

Thanks for the comment about the graphic style - it was meant to be a Xmas themed game but sort of morphed into something different.

You can change the speed - it looks better on real hardware rather than on the screen capture - You can make it faster or slower than my current setting.

Also would be great if anyone could make contact with Brian Bell - it would also be brilliant if the graphic adventure skeleton disk was ever discovered.
Old 25 March 2016, 22:33   #131
Methuselas

Sorry for the necro of the thread, but I just came across it.

Does the Adventure Skeleton disk support BOBs and Player shooting? It seems to be the best one to use and sadly, the Shoot 'em up Disk looks to be god awful. :?

Old 05 June 2016, 16:56   #132
Soopytwist

Hi all

I still have all the disks for this and the manual. A long, long time ago I made all the art, sprites and game map for a puzzle platform game in the Dizzy mould but never got very far with it.

Since then I've made a ZX Spectrum-like game using Multimedia Fusion 2 on PC. I'd like to try and finish the game I intended to make about 22 years ago so I've converted all my .iff tiles and sprites to .png for use in MMF2, however I need the game map.

I just loaded up Reality on my ageing A500+ but when I try to load the game map from a floppy of my game files it makes a "boom-ding-boom-ding-boom" noise and goes back to the load game map screen. If I click Cancel the game map screen appears with the top half of the screen grey and the bottom half blue and does the same "boom-ding-boom-etc" sound and returns to the load screen.

What's going on?

It has been way too long since I last used this software and I have no idea why it is doing this and won't load my game map. I only need to load it up so I can photograph the screen so I can re-create the game map in MMF2.
Old 06 June 2016, 12:17   #133
amigang

I'm glad someone had fun with the Platform Skeleton Disk I uploaded. shame that none of the others have been found.
Old 20 March 2019, 11:36   #134
amigang

Selling my copy, might be really rare!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/132996001298
Old 23 February 2021, 17:15   #135
rabidgerry

More ressurection of an old thread, but I didn't see the need for a new one.

I bought this back in the day and tried to make a platform game with my mate and the main character was an 8 ball from pool. I remember thinking it was cool as they guy seemed like he was from my very own neck of the woods in Belfast. I have no idea if I bought the whole set or not. I had some of the games as well like the Charlie Chimp games and the Wrath of Gwendor games. Always wondered what the hell the 256 game offer he sold was like? Anyone ever buy this?

Did the entire Reality software kit ever get found? Does anyone know?

I checked out Brian Bells old address on google maps and if he ran his operation outta where I found then that's pretty impressive. I wonder was any of the clubs that were advertised actually successful. Pretty impressive thing to have going from a tiny we house in the bronx area of Belfast. Wonder where he is now and when he binned the Amigas for PC's?
Old 23 February 2021, 17:32   #136
Radertified

I know @WizkidCoder on Twitter helped Brian with Reality's coding, distribution, etc.

If you want answers, he's probably the guy to go to. He's active and really nice.
Old 23 February 2021, 18:03   #137
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
I know @WizkidCoder on Twitter helped Brian with Reality's coding, distribution, etc.

If you want answers, he's probably the guy to go to. He's active and really nice.
I appreciate that btw. I guess I'm one of these weird people who isn't on social media! But still good to know
Old 23 February 2021, 18:34   #138
rabidgerry

Apparently this came out 6 years ago!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 23 February 2021, 19:05   #139
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
I have no idea if I bought the whole set or not. I had some of the games as well like the Charlie Chimp games and the Wrath of Gwendor games.
Interesting, it's not one or both of these missing Charlie Chimp titles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Charlie Chimp - games left to find:

1) Charlie Chimp and the Stolen Crown Jewels
2) Charlie Chimp and the City of Atlantis
Old 23 February 2021, 21:59   #140
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Interesting, it's not one or both of these missing Charlie Chimp titles?
Oh Jesus no! I was referring to the Reality set with that line btw. The games I got I believe where something like Wrath of Gwendor and Charlie Chimp Special Edition '96 I believe. There may have been another. I had the Poker game as well which I had no clue how to play. These all game with Amiga mags I'd bought.

I know where you were going with that my man, and had I the disks I sure as hell would do whatever was necessary to get them titles preserved or whatever needs doing.

And another thing, that was like 25 years ago, my ma chucked all the Amiga stuff, or a lot of it. The A500 is dying the attic and last time I looked the games that were left up there were just copies.

I will have a look however next time I'm home and lock down ends