English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 December 2008, 01:12   #1
hexaae
Bug hunter

input delay

Am I the only user of beta 4 that experience a sort of too long "keystroke_down event" playing games? Sometimes it's like the direction keys (I use cursor keys + rcontrol + ralt) stay pressed for longer times I actually do (e.g. your sprite in the game continues to go left for a second).
Attached my settings.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Real A1200 (060).uae (27.2 KB, 108 views)
Old 25 December 2008, 20:54   #2
Steve
Don't be a sheep. Baaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
Am I the only user of beta 4 that experience a sort of too long "keystroke_down event" playing games? Sometimes it's like the direction keys (I use cursor keys + rcontrol + ralt) stay pressed for longer times I actually do (e.g. your sprite in the game continues to go left for a second).
Attached my settings.
I've also noticed this effect using my Sidewinder joypad where the input sticks for a second or two longer than has been held. The problem however is not with this beta as it started a few versions ago when there was some Direct Input changes. Mabe 1.5.1 or 1.5.2?? I've mentioned the problem a few times but its never been fixed. Its also hard to replicate and seems to occur randomly. Can you provide clear directions to reproduce the bug? That would help a lot.
Old 26 December 2008, 00:27   #3
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I've also noticed this effect using my Sidewinder joypad where the input sticks for a second or two longer than has been held. The problem however is not with this beta as it started a few versions ago when there was some Direct Input changes. Mabe 1.5.1 or 1.5.2?? I've mentioned the problem a few times but its never been fixed. Its also hard to replicate and seems to occur randomly. Can you provide clear directions to reproduce the bug? That would help a lot.
No, sorry... as you said it's random..
Old 02 January 2009, 13:37   #4
Steve
Don't be a sheep. Baaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
Am I the only user of beta 4 that experience a sort of too long "keystroke_down event" playing games?
I'm not sure if this will help you out but I think I've found a 'workaround' to the problem. When the bug occurs (in 1.5.3) I press F12 and change the input settings to 'Compatibility mode' and this stops the joypad/keypress delay. When I change back to 'Configuration #1' I can play as normal with my input settings and the delay bug is gone. While I was investigating the problem I also timed the duration between lags and it seemed to occur every 12 seconds. Not sure if that is significant or not.

Last edited by Steve; 04 January 2009 at 11:38.
Old 02 January 2009, 21:30   #5
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm not sure if this will help you out but I think I've found a 'workaround' to the problem. When the bug occurs (in 1.5.3) I press F12 and change the input settings to 'Compatibility mode' and this stops the joypad/keypress delay. When I change back to 'Configuration #1' I can play as normal with my input settings and the delay bug is gone. While I was investigating the problem I also timed the duration between lags and it seemed to occur every 12 seconds. Not sure if that is significant or not. Hopefully this solves your problem. Sorry Toni, I know this isn't beta related.
Thanks... if it's a bug in WUAE new (?) input routines hope will be solved...
Old 02 January 2009, 21:35   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Moved from beta thread.

More (much more) details needed..

Does it only happen with keys that are mapped to joystick? Only if using built-in joystick keys? etc..

(and as usual, windowed mode + a500 quickstart required)
Old 15 January 2009, 13:04   #7
hexaae
Bug hunter

WinUAE 1.5.4b4.
I have serious issues with keyboard: using a500 quickstart, using default Input + Game & I/O Ports the emulated joystick inputs are ignored. I can't start a single game (tested f.e. Dynablaster bootable ADF) because fire button and the other keys (Port1: Keyb alyout A or B) are ignored.