Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
- No better weapon?
Yeah, weapons power ups would be nice along with maybe 3 lives
Old 05 September 2016, 03:49   #142
Cobe

God damn this game is hard!

First of all I wanna thank to DamienD for ordering this game to my address cause he wanted just a digital copy but still wanted to support you.

Ok its hard. That's not a minus. Like good old games makes you wanna throw the joypad when you die. I haven't done that for a long time. When I was a kid my C64 breadbin had black scars cause I was hitting it with a joystick. But that bad boy stood that with pride. Though I never raised my hand on Amiga. Maybe cause she's a girl No matter how much it deserves you can't beat PC tower that easily. Around 2k while playing PES I used to punch my monitor screen. Again I think it hurted me more.
Sorry for digression.

Yes, the game is hard. As people already mentioned power ups would be welcome.
I read in booklet that you made the game as is partialy cause you were inspired by modern iOS games and that is evident. I'm not playing games on my phone but I played Flappy birds and C64anabalt on my C64. And I see the appeal of those games. On C64 it's great when you see them work that well and that you are able to play "modern" game on 1mhz 30 year old computer while people are buying those monster phones.. But I find "iOS" games just to be a casual fun. To me they are not full comercial games as we used to. So that brings me to Reshoot. It's really, really nice casual fun and great technical achivment in short period. But if I paid the money it costs I would certianly expect a bit more. I would like levels, codes, lives, power ups and everything we used to. I'd like to be able to play it for days before I finish it. But ok that's me, I'm not moving easily towards new stuff. Maybe I'm just square like your starship Also the graphician gave new meaning to pixel art. Modern art that I don't always understand but can cope with it. Again I prefer old fashion pixel art.

All your decisions about design made on start are bold. Maybe I don't like them but I'm sure that they helped that game was finished. And that is the most important. I like transperency and projectories of homing bullets.

And one thing. I think I'm missing the far right edge of the screen when playin g on real CD32 and CRT TV. I think I noticed that too in WinUAE but I just ran it once in it. I can hear the bullets hitting enemies while I still don't see them and there's obvious gap on the left side.

And.. did I mentioned that the game is hard

Don't take anything personal I wrote. I appriciate this game really. New Amiga game in 2016 and all your night hours you dedicated to this game. Thank you!
I'm looking forward to Reshoot repeat.
Old 05 September 2016, 04:14   #143
lantus360

Here is my video review of RESHOOT

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 September 2016, 09:25   #144
buzzybee

@Apex: Thanks for your list. I´m so sorry the online highscore table doesn´t work yet; wish it would be different. Will work on it.

@Amigajay: Thank you very much for your balanced review. Points of criticism acknowledged and noted for my next games project on Amiga.

Glad you enjoy RESHOOT!
Old 08 September 2016, 18:16   #145
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Points of criticism acknowledged and noted for my next games project on Amiga.
Please don't abandon Reshoot and release bugfixed updates to those who purchased it!
Old 08 September 2016, 20:52   #146
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
Here is my video review of RESHOOT

[ Show youtube player ]
I didn't see shadow warrior on your desktop?
Old 08 September 2016, 21:50   #147
Overflow

I do like RESHOOT as it is.

That said, a RESHOOT 2 with more lives AND some upgrades/powerups would be sweet too.
And the ability to turn off/on sound effects and/or music to accomodate people trying alternate options for music, while keeping the soundeffects. This would probably be good for all games in general.

What I feel should be said;

The overall product feels well developed. Clear and crisp graphics. Nice movement and "flow". So a SOLID foundation for the future.
Old 08 September 2016, 22:40   #148
Ebster

just bought it yesterday via alinea...new amiga games need some love

seriously, i love these casual hits.

definately looking forward!!
Old 28 September 2016, 13:47   #149
vulture

@buzzybee

Ordered the game a few days back and expecting it any day now. I've watched MVG's youtube review and I've got to say that you should really look into this no-hit death bug and try to fix it with a patch as it is a potential fun-killer for the game. For me, this is far more important than the high score table.
Old 28 September 2016, 13:55   #150
buzzybee

@Vulture: Oh boy, that famous video with its no-hit-death bug. As far as I am aware, this happens only at one moment in the game. In fact I´ve watched a lot of people playing RESHOOT at gamescom show in cologne. Most people don´t ever experience that bug - and when they do, it can easily be played around.

@Overflow: Thanks for your kind words. I´m glad you like what you got and will seriously consider your proposals for RESHOOT R.
Old 29 September 2016, 08:49   #151
vulture

@buzzybee

But still, isn't it a bug you should try to fix? Do you think it'd be too much work to track it down and make a patch for it? I think there were at least 2 different instances in the video that happened. Don't get me wrong, my criticism on it is here to help improve the experience of it. I don't expect more features in this game via a patch, I fully agree that these can happen in a possible sequel. But a bug like this even if rare?
Old 29 September 2016, 10:23   #152
buzzybee

@Vulture: I can assure you: If most people would notice that bug and there would be no way to play around it; if it was gamebreaking or really hard to overcome, I´d be the first to fix it. I´d also think about producing some replacement CD-ROMs. Which, by the way, was never the case in the old days. In the 80s and 90s, when there were bugs in a game, they stayed there.

But this bug is simply not gamebreaking, far form it. As I said, from observing people play RESHOOT I know that most players don´t even notice that bug. And it´s so easy to avoid it; just don´t stick to the very left handside of the screen when the three big deathplanets attack.

Rest assured: I´m sorry that this tiny little bug could creep into the code. I know how it did that and how to avoid it creeping in again for RESHOOT R.
Old 29 September 2016, 16:44   #153
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Which, by the way, was never the case in the old days. In the 80s and 90s, when there were bugs in a game, they stayed there.
But it isn't the 80s and 90s, and actually, new revisions of bugged games did get released, even if those who bought the bugged version didn't get a fixed one for free.
Probably the most famous one was Sensible World Of Soccer, where they actually sent update disks to all who bought a copy. Peopple were in outrage, I remember all the hate on media and their response.
Old 29 September 2016, 17:39   #154
buzzybee

SWOS is one of very few examples of a Amiga-game that actually got patched, and not at all typical for the mentality of the time. Also, SWOS was the work of Jon Hare and Co – guys who developed Amiga-games as a professional team because they were paid like professionals.

Working fulltime on an Amiga-game and providing services conneced to such development was possible in the 80s and 90s because the Amiga was huge - it was a market. But yes, you are right. It´s not the 80s or 90s any more. It´s 2016. And all Amiga-development, be it RESHOOT or any other current game or software, is purely unsalaried.

Therefore I find comparisons with the old days or modern paid services kind of misleading - and unfair too, if I may add.
Old 29 September 2016, 17:44   #155
Amiga1992

You made the comparison with the old days yourself, not me. I didn't make a comparison with what you made and commercial ventures of today.
Not gonna comment on this anymore, don't want to torture you, but this is rabbit hole.
Old 30 September 2016, 08:55   #156
vulture

@buzzybee

got the game just yesterday, haven't had time to even unpack it yet, gonna do it during the weekend. I'm gonna try your tip about the 3 big spheres and the left edge thing. If it's just this instance, well, I guess it's no biggie.
Old 30 September 2016, 17:06   #157
buzzybee

@vulture

Sounds great. Enjoy the game and tell me what you think.
Old 04 January 2020, 23:23   #158
rsn8887

I bought Reshoot and just played it on my hacked Switch using Retroarch PUAE core. It works perfectly it seems!

Reshoot-R also plays on the Retroarch PUAE core with all graphics intact, but sadly there is serious slow-down during gameplay. On Uae4All2, Reshoot-R works full speed but is missing some graphics in the background. Maybe the Switch is just not quite fast enough to emulate Reshoot-R perfectly. But Reshoot is fine.

Old 04 January 2020, 23:41   #159
BarryB
Amigaholic

Just 'Switch' to an Amiga, problems solved
Old 05 January 2020, 02:21   #160
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
I bought Reshoot and just played it on my hacked Switch using Retroarch PUAE core. It works perfectly it seems!

Reshoot-R also plays on the Retroarch PUAE core with all graphics intact, but sadly there is serious slow-down during gameplay. On Uae4All2, Reshoot-R works full speed but is missing some graphics in the background. Maybe the Switch is just not quite fast enough to emulate Reshoot-R perfectly. But Reshoot is fine.

Love what people do with my tiny little games – feel honored you consider playing RESHOOT R on a Switch-console :-)