viddi

I just read it and I feel a bit better.
Maybe Amiga is back for the future??

Or am I fooled again?
We´ll see... *patience mode on again*
Old 14 September 2006, 09:21   #3
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

I remain unconvinced about all 'new' Amiga developments until they are actually released. I still have my doubts if OS4 will ever be released, let alone this new OS5 vapourware...
Old 14 September 2006, 09:47   #4
Ultron
Something

Unfortunately the overall overview from the answers leads one to think AOS4.0 is dead on the water, Troika ironically being touted as the best hope for new hardware has no licensing nor is even apt for discussion level with Amiga Inc, and that even though an AOS5.0 (even a 6.0!) is spoken of nobody knows anything about it and as far as jurisprudence on the matter goes it could even be total softvapourware.

After these answers AROS looks more and more as the only palpable solution.

Much of the answers were enshrouded in business speak, obfuscating non-answers, and when they were clear they conveyed gloomy perspectives for both Hyperion's OS4.0 and Troikas Amy'05 - Up until yesterday pointed as the only and best solutions.

There pretty clearly are legal problems with Hyperion, and none of this looks good at all for them. It seemed to me as though Amiga Inc. is looking to run through Hyperion. Not to mention the now cleanly mentioned un-Licensed Troika's Amy'05.

Even more uncanny, while Hyperion reps claim to have never received cash from Amiga Inc. Bill clearly states that they did. Licensing and legal connundrums seem to be going about, and this does not look good, at all.
Old 14 September 2006, 12:06   #5
Slayer
Amiga Member

same ol story...

the people who don't believe or don't care should stay out of it and the people who do believe will either be rewarded or disappointed...

either way, anything deserves a chance as opposed to complete closure...

it's a bit like a sequel or a movie you'd like seen made... regardless of the exact quality of it at least someone bothered to try... and if you're a fan you still appreciate it...

I'm tired of seeing most peoples disbelief or uncertainity... the positive side don't need someone elses realism, they need to be left alone to support each other...

everyone else should fuck off

we don't care if you are right... we only care about Amiga... we will deal with our own demons if need be...
Old 14 September 2006, 12:36   #6
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
same ol story...
Yeah, one full decade gone of promises and still no hardware.

Quote:
the people who don't believe or don't care should stay out of it
Thankfully, this isn't Stalinist Russia, nor are you Joseph Stalin, so people can do whatever the heck they want, when they want it, and how they want it.

Quote:
people who do believe will either be rewarded or disappointed...
Every single year the past decade - Disapointed, always. This year, 2006, will be no different.

Quote:
the positive side don't need someone elses realism
The polar oposite of Realism is Delusion. Not Positivism.

Quote:
they need to be left alone to support each other...
That wish has been granted. More alone than they are at AmigaWorld.Net they couldn't possibly be. All 15, or less, of them.

Quote:
everyone else should fuck off
Is the smiley supposed to save you from getting banned from insulting everyone who disagrees with you by exercising their freedom of thought and opinion?

Quote:
we only care about Amiga...
It's not an Amiga, it's an IBM PPC. Get that straight. The last Amigas were manufactured and sold in the last century. They no longer are.
Old 14 September 2006, 14:14   #7
blade002
Zone Friend

Im not even going to bother reading it, its just more tell us what we want to hear bullshit.

Seriously, how many times have we heard nothing but Crap!.
Old 14 September 2006, 14:53   #8
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

you know I know they would bottle the real questions!

after Q/A13 i was getting sick of the smell and had to stop for a break... more and more corperate bullsh*t smelling bollocks and all those slobbering fanboy's at amiga.org will probly eat it up.

@slayer
I share some of your plain, but please understand to have hope, optimisim even idealism you must have something to go on... unfortunately not every one can survive with just dreams .

clearly the delaware Amiga.inc are trying to use/enforce the buyback clause put in by the amino company of investment. to get OS4 cheap (well cheaper than having to really pay for developing it).

Clearly amiga.inc WONT open source ANYTHING this has been made clear with thier lawyers looking for anything that infringes their IP rights. with that theres an irony with the number of hands that have held the IP rights it might as well of been in the public domain!

from what i can read, there engineering OS5 to negate the OS4 / hyperion issue with the legal proceedings (imma thinking amiga.inc dont have a leg to stand on other wise they would sued them by now) soo we can all PAY for the AMIGAanywere experience on crap we dont realy want...

all we want is an open platform of developement whats wrong with that,.,.. why oh fucking why do they insist on proprietary PPC base crap? how much does it cost for a bloddy x86 solution... !??!? compare that to a G3/4 solution... pies and fingers people.... i hope they choke on'em

i may post more.... its just a little upsetting
Old 14 September 2006, 15:43   #9
keropi

wow. he actually answered...
let's read it...
Old 14 September 2006, 16:25   #10
viddi

@ all:

You´re right
Old 14 September 2006, 17:04   #11
snowman040

Not much said ... and they didn't include my question:

"Is Amiga Inc for sale and for how mush $" and I just started saving money
Old 14 September 2006, 17:40   #12
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@snowman040

if it cost £20 million, that means all we need to do is find a million amiga users willing to part with £20

i would donate £100 to make it open source, and when i am rich... it will be the first thing i would do!!!
Old 14 September 2006, 17:53   #13
viddi

@ Zetr0:

Okay, let´s start!
I´m sure Bill will sell us Amiga for 20 million
Old 14 September 2006, 17:57   #14
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Irony would be that would of been my second question to Bill
Old 14 September 2006, 19:31   #15
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Hmmmm.

It seems to me that any project not in the hands of 'the amiga community' is doomed to failure whatever its merits.

AROS development has managed to plod on for years & may now start to bear fruit.
Minimig is potentially a ray of sunshine to the retro-enthusiast.
Even the coldfire project seems near-ish completion.
Lets not forget the wonderful (Win)UAE.

What do all these have in common? Never touched by the hand of Amiga...inc.

I'm well aware that I'm not in possession of the facts but it seems to me that Hyperion have been well-&-truly stuffed. They have invested a great deal in development & will probably never see the benefits.
Sound familiar?

Somebody PLEASE prove me wrong.

Last edited by Charlie; 14 September 2006 at 19:36.
Old 14 September 2006, 19:39   #16
bird
tRSi-iNNOVATiONs

a lot of if,when and went not as expected. i doubt there will ever come something.
Old 14 September 2006, 20:06   #17
pbareges

personally i really don't care about a new amiga os on powerful machines...i think that explosion of machines abilities have also killed what made the amiga so special : the perfect compromise between power and accessibility...as a 10yr old kid back in the eighties, i enjoyed amiga because it gave me all the power i was able to handle : intuitive os, easy programming, great music composer, sampling tools, great creative games, good animation and drawing tools, demo makers, 3d construction kit universe, accessible simulators....this was the perfect creating machine !

nowadays powerful machines are not sized for creation : object languages killed the sequential essence of programming and its hardlink with hardware, music trackers are way too complex and mainly techno oriented, games are boring and non creative, tools in general are way too professional...what is a kid looking for switching his computer on ? violent pure nonsense games, great rendering clueless games, internet shit to compensate for his laziness, cheap music and movies...

so what i liked about the interview is the fact that classic hardware budget versions loaded with old games are on track to come back!!! that i'm interested in!! because ebay becomes unaffordable and chips will die sooner or later!
Old 14 September 2006, 20:16   #18
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

in truth amiga inc is more concerned with protecting an ever-wearing-thin IP wright than actualy providing for the community that its based upon.

not all that is AMIGA is AMIGA.. and that one goes out to amiga inc.

the irony would be that the original amiga os was unix based infact i believe that some of it was unix propriety based. i wonder if thats now open source hmmm?

quite simply the reason amiga inc wont allow anything in the public domain is they would lose the monopoly of all the software that runs on it. everything that we as a community have created from applications, programs, games music you name it...

we as a community are pretty much syphoned by amiga inc which has of yet to actualy PRODUCE ANYTHING, this IP touting corperation is attempting and actualy in areas making money from us that are producing for the amiga that is now 10years past its sell by date.

indeed its a sick sick world.....
Old 14 September 2006, 21:15   #19
snowman040

I think that Amiga community is too naive with that "open hearted approach". Current Amiga Inc. owners are in it just for the money, they don't give a dime for Amiga community, for Amiga in first place... I mean - turning A LEGEND into a slot machine ??? That IS so cheap This 25Q&A session was initiated by Amiga.org, not Amiga Inc and I really doubt McEwen would care to send a single email to Amiga community.

@Zetr0: Amiga Inc. can't possibly cost 20million, that is way too much for a company that has no assets, no usable patents, no production, no sales and no vision. Seems to me like they are just sitting there waiting to sue someone for a load of money for IP/Licence misuse I asked few banks for 'project loans' and didn't receive NO answer, and I asked for just 5million euros so... if Amiga Inc. is for sale, and price is 1-2 million, we could make a deal
Old 14 September 2006, 22:04   #20
redblade
Zone Friend

I wonder how much they would sell Kick13 for with source. That would be a good enough base to build on, not as good as Kick3.1 but still good enough.