English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 March 2016, 00:36   #1
atromhtos

Problem ethernet.devs OS4.1 winuae

My name vasilis from greece please i have problem with ethernet.devs for OS4.1 emulated winuae please help me

Old 08 March 2016, 00:51   #2
Aegis
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by atromhtos View Post
My name vasilis from greece please i have problem with ethernet.devs for OS4.1 emulated winuae please help me
That's not very specific

Download ethernet.device from Aminet here: http://aminet.net/package/driver/net/Ethernet and put it in devs:networks/

Enable 'A2065 Z2' in WinUAE under Expansions (try SLIRP + Open Ports from the drop-down)

Use 'Internet' prefs to set up a new network interface with ethernet.device and dynamic configuration.
Old 08 March 2016, 03:18   #3
atromhtos

Its ok the problem work now thanks Aegis

Old 12 March 2016, 00:46   #4
atromhtos

Fix the problem ethernet.devs i have sec problem with 32bit screenmode only now 24bit 1024/768 i want 1280/1024 32bit

Old 12 March 2016, 00:56   #5
Aegis
Gentleman

Sounds like you're using the Picasso IV still (only 4MB video RAM) - grab the UAE monitor driver from Amiga Forever (or create your own with Picasso 96 from Aminet - just install it all to RAM: not to your OS4.1 hard disk).

Once you've got that in Devs:Monitors change the RTG board to UAE Zorro III and add at least 32MB video RAM.
Old 14 March 2016, 23:54   #6
atromhtos

Not fix aegis please help me i have TeamViewer to fix you pleaaaaaase

Old 15 March 2016, 00:06   #7
Aegis
Gentleman

You need this:

and this:

*Edit* if you need the uaegfx monitor driver you can download picasso96 here:

http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/Picasso96

And here's a quick video (complete with Grim Reaper ) showing you how to get the driver - make sure you edit the tooltypes to match the one in the screengrab above.

Last edited by Aegis; 15 March 2016 at 00:56.
Old 15 March 2016, 02:36   #8
atromhtos

Check this foto aegis

http://prntscr.com/afdjox

Old 15 March 2016, 03:04   #9
atromhtos

And this foto aegis

http://prntscr.com/afdrmo

Old 15 March 2016, 09:24   #10
Aegis
Gentleman

Not sure what's causing that exec error (maybe try running AmiUpdate? Alternatively, just install Picasso96 using Workbench 3.x and copy the driver across).

For the second one, make sure you're running 3.3.0 beta 8 (here) and that you have the New UAE ROM selected:

Last edited by Aegis; 15 March 2016 at 09:33.
Old 17 March 2016, 04:04   #11
atromhtos

Not fix

Old 22 March 2016, 22:04   #12
psykicko

As im new here i read most of the threads to see what i can do to make my os4 system work as good as possible under winuae. Before i read another thread about changing to uaegfx but i probably did it wrong. I changed all the tooltypes to that from your picture Aegis. I use 64mb for gfx now. Only thing that is a little bit wrong is some logo's in some requesters. It shows in pink colour. Other then that looks good. Oh right the os4.1 FE bootlogo dont show. Everything is black until workbench appears. With the old picasso driver it shows the bootlogo. Maybe its discussed somewhere but i havent read about it but anyway thats how it works here so far.

Thanks also for the help on getting the network to work. I did it before too but i probably forgot earlier to choose dhcp. Not strange it didnt work. Now its fine But then this 128mb ram limit is killing the system when using OWB. I had the same problem when i had A1G4XE. When i changed to 256mb it was much better but had to restart it a couple of times to free memory. When i moved on to x1000 i had 4gb ram so no restart needed. Anyway now i have only windows machines at home and run winuae (except bricked x1000). Workbench speed is fast, using dopus is fast etc. I hope we get the 128mb ram limit removed somehow in future for more use

About warp3d i dont know anything if it would be possible ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	weird colour.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	47989
Old 22 March 2016, 22:48   #13
Aegis
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by atromhtos View Post
Not fix
Please post your WinUAE config (.uae) and I'll take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykicko
Only thing that is a little bit wrong is some logo's in some requesters. It shows in pink colour. Other then that looks good. Oh right the os4.1 FE bootlogo dont show. Everything is black until workbench appears. With the old picasso driver it shows the bootlogo.
The pink warning dialogs only seem to happen in a 32-bit screenmode (or possibly when the system's running low on video RAM) - try changing the 32-bit color mode to 'A8R8G8B8' in WinUAE under the RTG board tab. Incidentally, running in 16-bit will free up some fast RAM too. The bootlogo only seems to appear for certain gfx cards and uaegfx isn't one of them

Quote:
But then this 128mb ram limit is killing the system when using OWB. I had the same problem when i had A1G4XE. When i changed to 256mb it was much better but had to restart it a couple of times to free memory.
I'm preparing a guide for optimizing AmigaOS 4.1 under WinUAE but for now, take a look at the attached Kicklayout - there's a *lot* than can be disabled without affecting functionality. Petunia can also be disabled if you're only running PPC apps saving a further 9MB (I leave it enabled since I use TVPaint). Turn off WBStartup stuff like Ringhio and Screenblankerengine too. On boot I have 81MB free - enough to run NetSurf pretty comfortably. (oh, the more video RAM and Z3 swap you allocate, the less fast you'll have too - I stick to 32MB video RAM, 64MB Z3 swap).

*Note: make a backup of your .hdf before editing the Kicklayout - if you're not using uaegfx/uaehf.device these settings won't boot since they disable all the Cyberstorm/Picasso stuff*

Quote:
I hope we get the 128mb ram limit removed somehow in future for more use About warp3d i dont know anything if it would be possible ?
That'd be nice eh? Hopefully Hyperion will do this eventually. For Warp3D you can install Alain Thellier's Wazp3D - don't expect miracles though since it's software rendering (I got Wipeout 2097 'running' with it but it was very slow).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kicklayout-A4000.zip (6.6 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by Aegis; 22 March 2016 at 23:23.
Old 23 March 2016, 08:41   #14
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
Petunia can also be disabled if you're only running PPC apps saving a further 9MB (I leave it enabled since I use TVPaint).
I don't think this is such a good idea if UAE expansions are in use...
Old 23 March 2016, 10:23   #15
Aegis
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I don't think this is such a good idea if UAE expansions are in use...
I haven't tested it in a little while but uaegfx/uaehf and directory hard drives were working fine with Petunia disabled (falling back to the BlackBox emulation perhaps?).

*Edit* just did a quick test - zero issues with Petunia disabled - no slowdowns either. Are you sure your extensions are even using Petunia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaOS Wiki
In version 4.0 of AmigaOS, two different emulators were implemented; one is the successor of BlackBox emulation, it is an interpretive emulator, thus the emulation speed is mediocre. On the other hand it has a very low "reaction time", and is ideal for time critical parts, such as interrupts.

The other is Petunia, the "JIT emulator". A fast, but less compatible way of emulation of the legacy Motorola processors. It is intended mainly for emulating applications, and therefore, when execution of the application leaves the bounds of the application's code segment, emulation falls back to the interpretive method, where it does its job and returns to the JIT emulation again.

Last edited by Aegis; 23 March 2016 at 10:33.
Old 23 March 2016, 16:04   #16
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I thought it was part of m68k emulator.

Anyway, it is still good idea to not suggest to disable it just yet (in any guide at least), there may be still possibility to "force" UAE expansion m68k code to be JITtable.
Old 23 March 2016, 17:29   #17
Aegis
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I thought it was part of m68k emulator.

Anyway, it is still good idea to not suggest to disable it just yet (in any guide at least), there may be still possibility to "force" UAE expansion m68k code to be JITtable.
Sweet! That'd be interesting to test

And don't worry, the guide won't go out until 3.3.0's done - hoping if you're interested that you'll give it a glance over before I post it to catch things (like this) that I may have missed/assumed incorrectly.
Old 23 March 2016, 21:13   #18
psykicko

I lowered the gfx mem to 32mb and choosed mode to 'A8R8G8B8'. Also disabled the ringhio. On x1000 i disabled alot of apps in ringhio that just was disturbing. Nice feature anyway. I disabled the screensaver too as its definately not needed For kicklayout i will check and disable the stuff i dont need. I did that the same for my previous A1G4XE and latest on X1000. Oh right the bootlogo is a good thing to disable now that i cant see anyway. So far os4.1FE runs nice. Havent tried much but at least smaller apps etc.
Old 23 March 2016, 21:28   #19
Aegis
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykicko View Post
So far os4.1FE runs nice. Havent tried much but at least smaller apps etc.
Glad it's working well for you! WinUAE 3.3.0 is shaping up to be a fantastic release for OS4.1 users
Old 23 March 2016, 21:59   #20
psykicko

I will donate some later but question is do i donate to Toni direct or do i use the donate button on this page ?