English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 December 2019, 12:54   #1
invent
pixels

Boss Machine - New AGA shooter for Amiga

Update: AGA game

While I work hard on "Iridium" and "Reshoot Proxima III" a new shooter has started (ok about six months or more ago), this game won't really get into real progress until my top two games are complete. However I do have some preview graphics started that I'll share soon.

Daniel Stephens who first posted in facebook on our new OCS/ECS shooter for Amiga (Update: March 9 - It will be an AGA game) here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4372...1130453465967/

This is very early days (placeholder graphics)
I will also post some videos of the games I'm working on in the new year, not only Brilliance II but modern PC stuff.

Oh gosh, 2020 suddenly got a lot busier

I do welcome though anyone who would like to help with either Iridium, Boss Machine or Reshoot Proxima III to contact me (as mentioned earlier, I plan on taking time off work in 2020 to complete these games)

I'll be posting more info over the next few days on all projects (for now I'm going to sleep lol)

P.S. latest Patreon is now public [ Show youtube player ] (Brilliance II behind the scenes)

https://www.patreon.com/KevinSaunders

Brilliance II Thread here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ewpost&t=99744

Last edited by invent; 08 March 2020 at 22:28. Reason: Correcting info.
Old 03 December 2019, 13:30   #2
Pyromania

Wow, looking great so far.
Old 03 December 2019, 13:34   #3
viddi

Stunning!
Old 03 December 2019, 13:41   #4
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Wow!
Old 04 December 2019, 02:52   #5
quantum8

Wow you're a busy man!
Old 04 December 2019, 07:52   #6
ransom1122

Looks fantastic..

But... Is it just me but when an enemy explodes, the animation of it going backwards looks wrong?

Instead of it exploding where it is, it looks like it's getting "pushed" to the right everytime.

It's a great effect, maybe for bosses... but when you use it for all enemies it becomes tiresome.

Just my 2cents.
Old 04 December 2019, 08:04   #7
vulture

looks very pretty!
Old 04 December 2019, 11:31   #8
invent
pixels

Thanks everyone. Ranson1122, your comments are noted, still some tweaking involved
@quantum8 yes too busy possibly, after these 3 games or end of 2020 will have some rest.

Dan won't be back onto the project till end of Feb, which is good as I can focus on the other two projects, tonight for example working on the custom one off booklet for the Iridium kickstarter (making of) and transparency textures for RPIII

To give a quick background of Daniel, we noticed each other in a local Facebook Amiga group. He is a big fan/collector of Amiga and talented coder. He asked if i had some graphic assets to play around with and as he is the coder who will port "Iridium" to eg Switch and other platforms, it was the least I can do to encourage another coder to our scene.

Of course, If any graphics/pixel artists are keen on working with us please contact or Dan.
Old 04 December 2019, 11:38   #9
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Looks very nice...

But, don't you think people might be a bit bored by the genre the time this will be release (which I guess is a good one or two years away).

I may be the wrong person stating this, since I am working on a space shooter myself , but I think if I'd start an Amiga game right now, it would be a different genre than a space shooter.

When I started there was the first Reshoot, and nothing else.
But around next year we might have Reshoot-R, Reshoot Proxima, Inviyya, Daniel Müßeners A1200 Battle Squadron like game, and some other efforts that I have seen in private, etc.

Just asking, since I think this choice of genre at this point of time is a bit puzzling to me..
Old 04 December 2019, 11:43   #10
vulture

You can never have enough space shooters
Old 04 December 2019, 11:49   #11
invent
pixels

Hi Steril707, yes lots of shooters coming through right now for Amiga. I'd like to say that after these 3 games I will be doing and Isometric game and a Platform game for the Vampire/030+ (think turrican/sonic/puttysquad), it maybe back ported to OCS but assets will be full HD.

What would you love to see next?

I'm a big fan of Isometric games and that possibly will be my next main drive on the Amiga.
Old 04 December 2019, 11:53   #12
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invent View Post
Hi Steril707, yes lots of shooters coming through right now for Amiga. I'd like to say that after these 3 games I will be doing and Isometric game and a Platform game for the Vampire/030+ (think turrican/sonic/puttysquad), it maybe back ported to OCS but assets will be full HD.

What would you love to see next?

I'm a big fan of Isometric games and that possibly will be my next main drive on the Amiga.
Just know what I will do next, a horizontal scrolling fighting game, using the Inviyya engine.

Little teaser prototype pic:

Graphics will be much better than that, though, I guess. My engine is much further along now, as are my pixel skills...

edit: Sorry, don't want to capture the thread with my stuff... :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	barb.jpg
Views:	3688
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	65411  
Old 04 December 2019, 12:13   #13
invent
pixels

Looks amazing Steril707, thanks for sharing, please let me know where you might post more info in future (if its outside of EAB) always keen on trying to follow projects, especially if they show more background info, tools etc

As far as fighting games, had interest in converting an Arcade to Amiga "Yie Ar Kung Fu" http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=45
Old 04 December 2019, 12:17   #14
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
As far as fighting games, had interest in converting an Arcade to Amiga "Yie Ar Kung Fu" http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=45
I am a HUGE fan of Yie Ar Kung fu, I even made some kind of clone of it for the Vectrex, called "Vec Fu". (see here: [ Show youtube player ])

Also, a year ago, I took a sprite sheet of the arcade YAKF, and rearranged it into an Amiga compatible 16 px grid. I think Yie Are Kung fu would be an easy port for the Amiga.

And, before I started with Inviyya I had some basic fighting game engine down experimenting with blitting, etc.

You can see that here.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 December 2019, 12:25   #15
invent
pixels

Oh wow, how cool is that, thanks for sharing. yes I think it would be an easy port also, I originally played the game on the Amstrad CPC but an enhanced Amiga version or Arcade port would be easy.

Both videos are excellent.
Old 04 December 2019, 12:31   #16
vulture

That's excellent stuff Steril707!
Old 04 December 2019, 12:38   #17
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Oh wow, how cool is that, thanks for sharing. yes I think it would be an easy port also, I originally played the game on the Amstrad CPC but an enhanced Amiga version or Arcade port would be easy.

Both videos are excellent.
If you'd like, we could work together on some kind of graphically enhanced Yie Ar Kung Fu for the Amiga as some kind of side project...

I have the game logic stuff down for that kind of project (damn, I even did something for the C64 in that vein as well [ Show youtube player ] )
Old 04 December 2019, 12:57   #18
invent
pixels

Sounds like a great idea, was thinking the same thing. All we need is someone to rip the sprites
Old 04 December 2019, 13:03   #19
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea, was thinking the same thing. All we need is someone to rip the sprites
You mean the YAKF spritesheet?
I have that one already. Arranged in blitter friendly word aligned format.

I'd love to do something original, though, in the spirit of YAKF but with Amiga capabilites in mind...
Old 04 December 2019, 13:50   #20
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Yie Ar Kung Fu ? Do you want me to get a try on it ?