English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 21 November 2007, 15:13   #1
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Dragon Lord Scans

Ok, they are not from my collection, but found some online. It even has the name of the person who did the scans and their ICQ. Not sure what your rule is on using scans from other websites:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dragon-lord/cover-art

If anyone has this game, would be interested...
Old 21 November 2007, 15:50   #2
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
Ok, they are not from my collection, but found some online. It even has the name of the person who did the scans and their ICQ. Not sure what your rule is on using scans from other websites:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dragon-lord/cover-art

If anyone has this game, would be interested...

Mmmmm..... I quite like that cover art. It would be interesting to know if they made any gameplay tweaks for the US version.
Old 21 November 2007, 16:17   #3
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

I played the PC version of Dragon Lord, and the gfx are the same as the amiga, but the sound is awful. Also, the ST version has similar sound to amiga, but from memory the gfx are worse (would need to check that to confirm). So amiga version is best of course.

I tried all that as I could not copy my original dragons breath disks, which I could not get a backup until recently thanks to Galahad!

Only difference I saw really, was the text everywhere to say dragon lord instead of dragons breath. Apparently a later ST version has a slightly different spell book though (in layout).

Maybe I should work out what the errors were in the spell book regarding the egg directors, and get that info added to HOL.
Old 21 November 2007, 17:37   #4
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Only difference I saw really, was the text everywhere to say dragon lord instead of dragons breath.

Suonds a bit like my researching with Steel Empire and Cyber Empires (US title).

It would definitely be cool to have a record of errors in the speelbook somewhere, it could be included in the WHDLoad install etc.

....and if you ever felt like writing a review?
Old 22 November 2007, 00:33   #5
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Actually, a review sounds like a great idea, and something to put on a website
If someone can get me Dragon Lord, it would be complete.
Old 03 July 2009, 07:47   #6
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

I have now received a very good condition boxed Dragon Lord. Not yet checked the floppies.

The spell bug I was referring to above - the Dragon Lord manual appears to have the correct Egg Director tables whereas every Dragons Breath manual I have seen needs to shift every ingredient up by one. I believe this bug in the manual came about as there is a blank row of 4 ingredients which have no egg director effect. I would need to confirm this with playtesting.
Old 03 July 2009, 17:23   #7
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
I have now received a very good condition boxed Dragon Lord. Not yet checked the floppies.

The spell bug I was referring to above - the Dragon Lord manual appears to have the correct Egg Director tables whereas every Dragons Breath manual I have seen needs to shift every ingredient up by one. I believe this bug in the manual came about as there is a blank row of 4 ingredients which have no egg director effect. I would need to confirm this with playtesting.
Please let us know when you find out - and thanks!

and if that review is still in the offing, there's a nice spot for it reserved on the AGDB.

BTW - sorry for the late reply, MrD!