English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 06 July 2001, 20:43   #1
Bernd

Murder makes strange Deadfollows

Hi dudes,
I am looking for the CDTV game "Murder Makes Strange Deadfollows". It is quite rare.. Maybe there is a HD version of it..
So far I have only seen a copy on http://www.greatescapespokane.com/amiga/AMIGACD.html Unfortunately this guy does not reply to my mails...

If anybody can help please post a message.
Thx.

//Cody Jarrett: I edited the incorrect URL. It had a full stop at the end.

Last edited by CodyJarrett; 06 July 2001 at 20:57.
Old 06 August 2001, 19:31   #2
Bernd

To those who are interested:
I located this rare CDTV title (even an original!) and it should be available on ASO within two months.
Old 07 August 2001, 09:33   #3
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

CDTV games

Yeah, keep up the good work bernd.

I've just found a disk which mentions quite a few cdtv games, some that i didn't know existed. I'll upload it to the adfzone for anyone interested.

Be nice to find psycho killer and sherlock holmes consulting detective and a few others.
Old 07 August 2001, 12:26   #4
Bernd

I do not yet have Murder, but it is on the way. I am quite sure that it will have at least 50 MB.
Also sorry, that some of you could not yet download Condor. I am aware of the speed problem, but it is not yet solved.
I agree that Psycho Killer is not quite rare. It is quite easy to get it. In my opinion it is one of the best CDTV game from On-Line Entertainment. Ever played Hound of the Baskervilles, Town with no Name or Eyes of the Eagle? Their funniest title was Women in Motion (Lol! ).
Old 07 August 2001, 13:09   #5
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Psycho killer

Hmm, I've never seen psycho killer here in england in any amiga shops, although i must admit i've saw it on ebay recently. Maybe I'll start searching ebay regularly for these cdtv ones.

I do have some hd versions of other cdtv games such as turrican, here with the clues, a day at the beach and a few others. If you want me to upload any, then just tell me.
Old 19 July 2002, 13:04   #6
Bernd

After nearly one year of waiting my US contact has finally sent me the rare "Murder makes Strange Deadfollows" CDTV game.

You should never give up waiting...

The game is similar to "Case of the Cautious Condor" which is from the same company. Additionally it comes with a nice poster (squeezed into the jewel case) and audio tracks. It also runs fine on WinUAE and will sometime appear on BTTR...

Here are some screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	murder.gif
Views:	336
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	3004  
Old 19 July 2002, 13:12   #7
RetroMan

@Bernd

Nice one Never knew about this one If you still search for other CDTV Titles or CD32 contact me, a friend got a *nearly* complete collection (I think) and I also got most of em on HD
Old 19 July 2002, 13:14   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Excellent! Really looking forward to this one!
Old 19 July 2002, 13:16   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
@Bernd

Nice one Never knew about this one If you still search for other CDTV Titles or CD32 contact me, a friend got a *nearly* complete collection (I think) and I also got most of em on HD
Funny you should mention this. I have being trying to sort out the mess of Asterix stuff on CDTV. Most (or all) are edutainment titles, but it's a bit confusing. I know a few of them are teaching English in French, and teaching French in English. The exact titles are unclear, as there's some confusion as to which is which (some appear to have several different names...that or they are different releases). Do you happen to have any of the Asterix edu titles?
Old 19 July 2002, 13:33   #10
Bernd

@RetroMan
Great. Always searching for CDTV stuff. I am going to PM you.
---
As for Asterix I don't have any. A Czech Amiga retailer promised to send me some of them but they never arrived...

How about a separate CDTV (no CD32 therein) thread where everybody can post his stuff he owns... This would be a way to prove the existance of several doubtful releases...