English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 20 April 2017, 09:33   #81
cyberhead97

Thanks, one of my goals is to make it as user friendly as possible, so people don't having to spend lots of time setting all this up from scratch and at the same time provide good documentation and tutorials to use it.

I think I'm getting there
Old 15 May 2017, 10:21   #82
cyberhead97

To improve making packages on Windows for HstWB Installer, I have found a way of converting a zip file to Amiga. This makes it appears as if it was created on an Amiga and can successfully be extracted with system files. Previously I had to create zip files with SYS: or Workbench system files on an Amiga for it to work properly when extracting it again on an Amiga. This was a bit cumbersome having to start en emulator each time to make a zip.

I have done this using two scripts:
1. create_zip_from_directory.ps1 -inputDir [inputDir] -outputZipFile [outputZipFile]
2. convert_zip_to_amiga.ps1 -zipFile [zipFile] -outputZipFile [outputZipFile]

First script creates a zip file from a directory in a proper format that can be extracted correctly on Amiga. Basically, it ensures that each directory is added to the zip file. Powershell zip compression or 7za command line tools only includes empty directories. The script was needed, so I can create zip files from command line, but 7-Zip file manager, WinRAR and Windows build-in zip compression does also create zip files in proper format.

The second script converts a zip file to Amiga for it to extract properly with added protection bits. It reads the zip file, patches zip entries and writes a new zip file. The zip entries ‘VersionMadeBy’ is changed to 279 (Amiga) and ‘ExternalFileAttributes’ is set to 135200784 for directories and 68091904 for files. This means protections bits will be set to '----RWED', when extracted on Amiga. Surely these numbers represent flags in an enum, but I haven’t found more details about what they actually mean. I only found the external file attributes by examining zip files created on Amiga and would be nice if someone has more details about protection bit flags to make more clear code in the scripts.

Anyway, if someone finds this useful, they can be downloaded here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...e/master/tools.

Back to documentation the last bits and pieces for HstWB Installer and HstWB Package...
Old 23 May 2017, 13:48   #83
cyberhead97

Big news... Beta version is now available for download at http://hstwb.firstrealize.com/ .

This page contains downloads for HstWB Installer v1.1.0-BETA1 together with 4GB, 8GB and 16GB self install HDF images ready for use. All self install images are build using the this HstWB Installer beta version.

I don't want to delay a final release further as it's only documentation that is missing:
- Tutorial 3: Running self install in an emulator or on real Amiga: The last few steps are missing description, but screenshots should help explain the process.
- HstWB Package: No documentation yet, so stick to ClassicWB packages unless you want to test it. Note it requires BetterWB package therefore remember to also install BetterWB together with HstWB Package.

If you just want to see what it is and what HstWB Installer can build, here's a YouTube video showing self install of the 4GB HDF image [ Show youtube player ].

Please try one of the self install HDF images and let me know what you think
Old 31 May 2017, 21:57   #84
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.1.0-BETA2 downloads released at http://hstwb.firstrealize.com/. New 4GB, 8GB and 16GB self install HDF images are also available.

It includes following changes:
  • Fixed errors occurring when running self-install in emulator or real Amiga not having 4 floppy devices attached. Thanks to Tomse for notifying me.
  • Updated install Workbench script to work with non-Cloanto Workbench adf files.
  • Updated HstWB package default settings: Load scsi.device 43.45, PeterK icon.library and start Amiga Boot Selector.
  • Updated ClassicWB packages with installation of scsi.device 43.45.
  • Completed HstWB Installer readme tutorials.
Old 08 June 2017, 15:29   #85
cyberhead97

I'm entering final stage now...

Documentation for all packages is now as I want it. HstWB Package is finally complete.

FAQ has also been added to both HstWB Installer FAQ and HstWB Package FAQ, but it only contains 1 question at the moment. More will likely be added later .

I have also updated and added new image templates, so now it's possible to create 32GB and 64GB HDF images. Existing image template sizes have been adjusted using a new create_hdf_file.ps1 powershell script I use to create HDF file that should fit into any brand CF/SD card.

Now it's all about the last fine tuning and tweaks, so expect the final version within the next days .

Other great news is that I received my Vampire 600 V2 card 2 days ago and this card is really awesome work put together by entire Apollo Team, Majsta and Kipper2k .

I have already planned support for Vampire cards after releasing HstWB Installer .
Old 08 June 2017, 15:45   #86
Sinphaltimus

Cyberhead97 - I can't wait to give this a go. Amazing work here.
Old 09 June 2017, 14:54   #87
cyberhead97

Thanks, I'm also quite exited to make the final release very soon .

Since yesterday I did following adjustments:
  1. Removed BETA2 from HstWB Installer version.
  2. Updated HstWB Installer tutorial screenshots to reflect v1.1.0 and latest changes.
  3. Added natural sort for Create Image Directory From Image Template menu.
  4. Added better step descriptions for building package installation tutorial.
  5. Fixed copying workbench or kickstart rom files containing exclamation mark characters.
  6. Removed mod files from EAB Games menu packages that sounded strange being played with easymod.

It's starting to feel like it's ready for a final release now
Old 09 June 2017, 19:17   #88
gulliver
BoingBagged

@cyberhead97

Excellent idea!

Well done.
Old 12 June 2017, 22:09   #89
cyberhead97

Finally v1.1.0 is released and can be downloaded from HstWB Installer for Classic Amiga website...

I updated the website quick start with 3 different options:
  1. HstWB self install HDF image.
  2. HstWB package installation.
  3. HstWB Installer.

All options contain following packages: ClassicWB ADV, ClassicWB ADVSP, ClassicWB FULL, ClassicWB LITE, ClassicEB P96, BetterWB, HstWB, EAB WHDLoad Games AGA Menu, EAB WHDLoad Games OCS Menu, EAB WHDLoad Demos AGA Menu and EAB WHDLoad Demos OCS Menu.

Select option 1, if you want to create a new Workbench setup with a ready to use HDF image and customize it by selecting packages to install during self install.

Select option 2, if you want to install one or more packages to existing Workbench setup, eg. installing just EAB Games or Demos packages to an existing Workbench 3.1 (or better) setup.

Select option 3, if you want create, install and build own HDF images, build self install HDF images or package installations.

Enjoy, and thanks gulliver for letting use me your BetterWB as a package!

Last edited by cyberhead97; 12 June 2017 at 22:31. Reason: More details about which packages are included
Old 12 June 2017, 23:12   #90
DamienD
Banned

Well done cyberhead97, I'm sure it's been a long, hard mission but you've got there. What you've achieved for a one man band is outstanding

...and all for the benefit of others. EAB needs more people like yourself who give selflessly to the community with cool projects

Keep up the awesome work

...you should think about a "donate" option so that people who use / enjoy your work can show some kind appreciation if they so wish to
Old 13 June 2017, 00:37   #91
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Cyberhead97 thanks a lot for your humility, sharing all of your knowledges and helping others. That's the real Amiga spirit . You work as has been said is awesome.
Old 13 June 2017, 14:32   #92
cyberhead97

Thanks for the kind words. Crazy to think back two years, when I didn't know anything about configuring Workbench or AmigaDOS scripting.

I have added donate button on HstWB website, so people can donate to express their appreciation, if they want to .

I would like to make EAB WHDLoad Packs easy to install by building a package installation using HstWB Installer.

So would it be legal/ok to download EAB WHDLoad Packs, apply latest updates, add scripts and tools for package installation, zip and upload to the zone?
Old 14 June 2017, 09:35   #93
cyberhead97

32GB and 64GB self install images are now available for download at HstWB website.

I'm already starting to plan next features, which are on my TODO list:
  • Add Vampire 500/600 support using drivers and tools. Also make a small HDF file for IDE to continue booting on Vampire SD card.
  • Add automated installation of OS 3.9, if possible using ISO or cd/dvd drive mounted in WinUAE
  • Create python version of HstWB Installer for Mac/Linux. Python seems the best choice for that task.
Old 14 June 2017, 12:51   #94
Sinphaltimus

Fantastic, this really is something else. I concur with all the praise and admiration you are receiving. Thank you.
Old 15 June 2017, 01:16   #95
fgh

Great work, very useful!

Not sure you want to take this direction, but here's a feature suggestion for the future: Add more content in addition to games and demos.
Some suggestions: Non-WHDload games, ScummVM games, mod music, art/graphics, maybe even (freeware?) programs by category?

Keep up the good work!
Old 17 June 2017, 06:06   #96
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
Fabulous... all I needed.
Big big thanks. I'll definitely support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 June 2017, 11:49   #97
cyberhead97

Thanks for the support.

It seems people find it useful as download statistics says 100GB+ has been transfered from HstWB page downloads .

Good input for additional packages. I did think about making packages to install ScummVM, ShapeShifter, Fusion, PC-Task, DosBox and Non-WHDLoad games like DOOM, Quake, Tank Furry and so on. Games will require acceptance from developers to include them and ScummVM will only have basic setup ready for users to add games themselves to it. Maybe some ScummVM freeware games could be included.

I have already started new development tasks:
  1. Vampire boot: HDF to configure, mount and boot a partition from Vampire SD-card. It's currently being tested internally by myself and soon going BETA. For progress check Vampire Boot github repo.
  2. HstWB Installer Python version development has started and progress can be followed at HstWB Installer Python branch.
  3. OS 3.9 install support haven't been examined yet, but it seems the demand is there.
Old 29 June 2017, 22:55   #98
cyberhead97

Vampire boot v1.0.0 has just been released here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/v...-boot/releases. The readme here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/vampire-boot has tutorials to install and configure it.

I currently use it in A600 internal IDE port to mount and boot partitions on SD card installed in Vampire accelerator card. It works and might be a crazy side project, but it solved my need to boot from Vampire SD card and make it easy to adjust, if partitions or SD card is changed.

Last edited by cyberhead97; 29 June 2017 at 22:57. Reason: Added link to readme
Old 05 July 2017, 00:26   #99
cyberhead97

I have started working on Amiga OS 3.9 support for HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA and got quite far already.

Here's a video showing Amiga OS 3.9 being installed in 20 seconds [ Show youtube player ] .

I studied installer's for both Amiga OS 3.9 and Picasso 96 to automate as much as possible. It does a full installation from iso mounted using filedisk.device and amicdfs. This is to make it work in any emulator without need of adding dvd drive or iso as cdrom drive in the emulator. Next is automating installation of Boing Bags and making Picasso 96 uaegfx optional. HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA is not released yet, but can be cloned from my github repo.
Old 07 July 2017, 14:35   #100
cyberhead97

I'm making really good progress with Amiga OS 3.9 .

I have managed to add automated installation of Boing bags 1 & 2 to Amiga OS 3.9 support in HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA. It can now automatically install Amiga OS 3.9 and Boing Bags in less than 2 minutes and here's a video showing it [ Show youtube player ].

Next is adding ClassicWB 3.9