English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 15 July 2017, 13:55   #1
earok

Lemmings Collection CD32 re-release [help/opinions wanted]

I'm nearing the re-release of the Lemmings collection for CD32.co.uk. What's new since last time:
  • New Game: More! Lemmings by Amiga Jay
  • Mouse driven main menu (CD32 pad no longer required to operate the menu, a regular mouse or one button stick will be enough)
  • ALL games will be playable with gamepad, mouse no longer a strict requirement for any (although still recommended)

So there will be ten games total: Lemmings, Oh No More Lemmings, Lemmings 2, Lemmings 3, Xmas 91, Xmas 92, Xmas 93, Xmas 94, New Year Lemmings, More! Lemmings. As previously, Lemmings 2/3 can save progress via NVRAM.

Here's what I'm struggling with - two of the games still require CD32Load or WHDLoad to boot (New Year Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings). This means that
  • If there's a way to start either of them from the command line WITHOUT whdload, I'd love to hear it. This means that we could use the native "LEMMINGS_PLANETSIDE" hack to drive the cursor from gamepad, rather than the flaky Virtual Mouse support in CD32Load (I take the blame for that!)
  • Further - if there's a version of them with the same menu system that powers the CDTV version (menu with quit instead of Player 2, mouse driven password entry etc), that would be awesome.
  • If not - is someone able to do a WHDLoad install of Oh No! More Lemmings that doesn't require the password entry screen, and put it in the zone? (The copy on whdownload requires password entry, though any password will work. I'm pretty sure there's a version out there that doesn't require a password at all)

Finally - after a simple yay/nay vote on two things to do with CDXL:
  • CDXL Intro video - I don't currently have one in my build. I could reuse the PSX version one again, but convert it at a higher quality this time. Maybe not worth it? Alternatively is there a better one that could be brought across?
  • CDXL intro for Lemmings 3. For the sake of completeness I could convert the one from the PC CD-ROM version , but to be honest it's not very good.

Last edited by earok; 15 July 2017 at 21:41.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 July 2017, 03:52   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

You should look at your email I think
AdSense AdSense