English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 January 2018, 14:37   #361
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Toni, can you activate the string for translation ?
Check IDS_MISCLISTITEMS4 (I split it, number 3 was getting too long)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add IDS_MISCLISTITEMS4 to internal list.. Fixed in winuae.7z.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 13 January 2018 at 17:24.
Old 13 January 2018, 16:47   #362
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3600b18.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3600b18.7z

Beat 18: (Final version: next week. possibly.)

- Added real CHS-only IDE drive HDF imaging support that works with some (single? all?) USB adapters that don't natively support CHS only drives (Drive appears as having zero byte capacity in Windows Disk Manager and SCSI READ CAPACITY returns FFFFFFFF00000200) Imager first asks for drive's CHS geometry and then uses standard Direct SCSI mode READ (10) to read correct blocks. This works as long as adapter blindly copies SCSI LBA fields to ATA CHS/LBA registers internally.
- Default D3D11 fullscreen refresh rate may have incorrectly chosen native interlaced mode if it was available.
- D3D11 no buffer fullscreen vsync does not update as fast as possible anymore.
- Restored norawinput keyboard and mouse modes (-norawinput_all disables all, -norawinput_keyboard and -norawinput_mouse to only disable mouse or keyboard rawinput mode). They were removed in 3.3 but apparently RDP does not support rawinput keyboard.
- BCD instruction V-flag fix, 68020+ BCD instructions don't do undocumented V-flag modifications, only 68000/010, previously it was only done if 68040+.
- Notification icon handling updated, previous Windows 7 workaround removed.
- Added Misc panel option to show WinUAE in Windows shutdown/logoff screen (Vista or newer) if emulation session is active.
Cheers Toni

You heard the man guys and girls; stable release will be released very soon

...so get testing and report any weird bugs (which will probably be almost zero) so that 3.6.0 is the best it can be
Old 13 January 2018, 18:37   #363
freddy

Quote:
Check IDS_MISCLISTITEMS4 (I split it, number 3 was getting too long)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add IDS_MISCLISTITEMS4 to internal list.. Fixed in winuae.7z.
Old 14 January 2018, 18:14   #364
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
D3D11 no buffer windowed low-latency vsync still updates as fast as possible here (AMD graphics driver).
I think I'll have to leave it like this because there does not seem to be any obvious ways to fix it (or just use normal vsync) without wasting some more weeks to test bigger changes..
Old 15 January 2018, 17:10   #365
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3600b19.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3600b19.7z

Beta 19: Almost final. Beta tags removed.

- D3D11 fullscreen and GUI open: Quit/Restart did unnecessary fullscreen open and close. (Was working in some betas, broke later)
- Loading new config file via GUI using "Load" button when emulation is already running and loaded config had statefile selected: statefile was not loaded automatically when emulation was started.
Old 15 January 2018, 20:33   #366
DamienD
Banned

Cheers Toni

While manually taking title / screenshots of all my 2300 configurations / games, I tested various v3.6.0 beta versions without issue

Tonight I've downloaded "v3.6.0 beta 19" and tested the 25 x games that have given trouble in the past (which you fixed).

Anyway, not that my endorsement really counts, there are people using WinUAE to a much higher level than I am but...

All good from me; bring on v3.6.0
Old 15 January 2018, 21:35   #367
Amiga68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
All good from me; bring on v3.6.0
Ditto!

Still not happy myself with the no/double/triple buffering settings in combination with no/low latency/legacy/variable sync settings in combination with the various refresh rates But I must also admit that I lack the proper knowledge to exactly understand what would or should be 'the best' scenario... (some would be host, some would be emulated hardware specific) which means testing the corresponding scenarios is not ideal from my side.

Thanks Toni!
Old 16 January 2018, 09:38   #368
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I'd like to reduce those options but before DXGI (Windows Vista/D3D10), display driver/Windows refresh rate/frame flipping/etc behavior was wild west, it was mainly display driver's decision what and how to do it, not what program or Windows asked.
Old 16 January 2018, 18:45   #369
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3600b19.7z
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae64_3600b19.7z

Beta 19: Almost final. Beta tags removed.

- D3D11 fullscreen and GUI open: Quit/Restart did unnecessary fullscreen open and close. (Was working in some betas, broke later)
- Loading new config file via GUI using "Load" button when emulation is already running and loaded config had statefile selected: statefile was not loaded automatically when emulation was started.
Hello Toni,

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Desktop, with WinUAE 32-bit. Bug still exists with Direct3D 11 as default or re-enabled. When I save and use my configuration with Direct3D 9, it's fine. I always exit program after saving configuration for this test. I use a Boot menu with Amiga 4000 configuration and a 10 second delay to choose options. Which allows nice timing to Alt-Tab to Desktop. With Amiga native screen, Alt-Tab to Desktop..when Amiga displays RTG Workbench it's still switching to Windowed and changing settings..with this beta.
Old 16 January 2018, 18:53   #370
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Hello Toni,

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Desktop, with WinUAE 32-bit. Bug still exists with Direct3D 11 as default or re-enabled. When I save and use my configuration with Direct3D 9, it's fine. I always exit program after saving configuration for this test. I use a Boot menu with Amiga 4000 configuration and a 10 second delay to choose options. Which allows nice timing to Alt-Tab to Desktop. With Amiga native screen, Alt-Tab to Desktop..when Amiga displays RTG Workbench it's still switching to Windowed and changing settings..with this beta.
Sorry but I have no idea what you mean ("it's still switching to windowed"?)

Log and config please. (do exact same steps in d3d9 and d3d11 mode)
Old 16 January 2018, 20:44   #371
AC/DC HACKER!

Instead of switching to RTG Fullscreen it's switching to Desktop windowed mode. That was pretty clear. I did do everything with Direct3D 9 and 11, that's why I typed everything is doing fine with Direct3D 9 but not 11 with Windows 7.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_debug_3.6.0 Windows 7 Direct3D 9.zip (33.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: zip winuae_debug_3.6.0 Windows 7 Direct3D 11.zip (56.7 KB, 71 views)
Old 16 January 2018, 21:02   #372
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Thanks. Does changing RTG Board panel to double buffer (from triple buffering) help?

Trying to set fullscreen returns following error:

"0x887A0022 DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE The resource or request is not currently available, but it might become available later." (How useless "It failed and I have no idea why" error..)

If fullscreen attempt fails, mode open is retried in windowed.

EDIT: Can you switch back to fullscreen with CTRL+F12 or does it also return back to windowed?

EDIT2: Your config has windowed RTG and double buffer but log shows triple buffer? Did you attach correct config?

I can't duplicate this is in Windows 10 or Windows 7 virtual machine. FS switching works fine in RTG.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 16 January 2018 at 21:33.
Old 16 January 2018, 21:51   #373
AC/DC HACKER!

Changing Double buffering to Triple indeed helps with Direct3D 11 enabled.

"If fullscreen attempt fails, mode open is retried in windowed." - Ok.

CTRL+F-12 during windowed does cause switch to RTG Fullscreen with both Direct3D 9 and 11.

WinUAE 32-bit just crashed during a test with Direct3D 11.. I'm attempting to recreate it WITH Log.. Not able to repeat it yet. Anywhere, here are the replies to your questions...without the crash.
Old 16 January 2018, 22:21   #374
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Amazing work as always on the constant improvements!

Though I'd jump into this beta (Beta 18), curious how the Direct 3D11 would run. Seems my PC doesn't like it. WinUAE starts to crawl at 2 FPS with Direct 3D11 activated, I can remedy this by switching off Low Latency Vsync.

Things start to run smooth with Low Latency Vsync off along with Direct 3D11, but I get some very mild screen tear. Using double buffering eliminates this tearing. Sorry if I missed something obvious, late to the party.

Logs enclosed.

Last edited by lordofchaos; 19 July 2019 at 15:19.
Old 16 January 2018, 22:34   #375
AC/DC HACKER!

Doing some more tests. Windows 7 64-bit, WinUAE Direct3D 9 active and Triple Buffering. Logged several Alt-F12's between Amiga video and RTG Workbench. There was a loss of Amiga Mouse control near the end after clicking Cancel to close the Config GUI. I'm sure you'll be able to spot it. After some fiddling, I got Amiga mouse control back.

Edit: Since the image, I checked all my Window 7's MVC++ and everything Seems to be up-to-date (I also did repairs on all 2012+). Perhaps this is PPCEmul? Maybe you care? It's with X-Surf 100 Z2 or Z3 enabled. A2065 handles ALL transfers fine here. 68K works A-Okay with 199 Z2 or Z3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE Current Beta AmigaOS 4.1 Download Crash (VC++).png
Views:	137
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	56255  
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_debug_3.6.0 Win7 64-bit Direct3D 11 and Triple Buffering RTG Workbench Lockout.zip (48.0 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 17 January 2018 at 06:06.
Old 17 January 2018, 16:07   #376
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
Amazing work as always on the constant improvements!

Though I'd jump into this beta (Beta 18), curious how the Direct 3D11 would run. Seems my PC doesn't like it. WinUAE starts to crawl at 2 FPS with Direct 3D11 activated, I can remedy this by switching off Low Latency Vsync.

Things start to run smooth with Low Latency Vsync off along with Direct 3D11, but I get some very mild screen tear. Using double buffering eliminates this tearing. Sorry if I missed something obvious, late to the party.
I'll think I'll just disable LLVS in D3D11 mode, it isn't really doing anything useful anyway (vs D3D9) and D3D11 should be able to combine both modes but that needs much more testing, after 3.6.

But please check winuae.7z, does it still create following Notify error messages? (and notification icon won't show)

Code:
1870 CPU functions
Notify error code = 5b4 (1460)
Notify error code = 3f0 (1008)
D3D11 free start
There is something odd with notification icon, it refuses to work when guid id is set. Do you have any custom shell/explorer/something stuff installed?

Quote:
Doing some more tests. Windows 7 64-bit, WinUAE Direct3D 9 active and Triple Buffering.

Logged several Alt-F12's between Amiga video and RTG Workbench. There was a loss of Amiga Mouse control near the end after clicking Cancel to close the Config GUI. I'm sure you'll be able to spot it. After some fiddling, I got Amiga mouse control back.

Edit: Since the image, I checked all my Window 7's MVC++ and everything Seems to be up-to-date (I also did repairs on all 2012+). Perhaps this is PPCEmul? Maybe you care? It's with X-Surf 100 Z2 or Z3 enabled. A2065 handles ALL transfers fine here. 68K works A-Okay with 199 Z2 or Z3.
Unless you can confirm that it does not happen with 3.5: wrong thread. This must be always confirmed!

Also, as you said, your config is far too complex. But it has nothing to do with visual studio redistributables, it only means library code noticed something was horribly wrong. Dump files may help, should be created in same directory as winuae.exe unless you have disabled Windows error reporting (WER). If it creates dump file: you must use official beta, not winuae.7z to generate them.

Quote:
Changing Double buffering to Triple indeed helps with Direct3D 11 enabled.
I managed to duplicate this (it won't happen if log window is open), it was due to window not being active/focused early enough. Not sure why triple buffering helped unless it changed timing slightly.

Could you confirm that http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z fixes it?
Old 17 January 2018, 16:19   #377
Amiga68k

Quote:
I'll think I'll just disable LLVS in D3D11 mode, it isn't really doing anything useful anyway (vs D3D9) and D3D11 should be able to combine both modes but that needs much more testing, after 3.6.

But please check winuae.7z
My two cents when testing the Triple/Low latency combo: massive performance improvement! I stepped away from this setting earlier and started to use Double/No sync setting combo because performance was more than 'good enough'.

Now Triple and Low latency evens seems better than the other one, although that could well be a psychological side-effect Something definitely changed for the better though!

Edit: although performance is better, sound is still a bit 'flaky' (stuttering)

Edit2: it seems like Low latency VSync setting generates an error: 'not yet supported in D3D11' and reverts to Standard VSync

Last edited by Amiga68k; 17 January 2018 at 16:47.
Old 17 January 2018, 16:49   #378
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:

But please check winuae.7z, does it still create following Notify error messages? (and notification icon won't show)

Code:
1870 CPU functions
Notify error code = 5b4 (1460)
Notify error code = 3f0 (1008)
D3D11 free start
There is something odd with notification icon, it refuses to work when guid id is set. Do you have any custom shell/explorer/something stuff installed?
Just tried winuae.7z, and error messages are no longer present.

Regarding the odd notification icon. No, none that I`m aware of.
Old 18 January 2018, 04:21   #379
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Also, as you said, your config is far too complex. But it has nothing to do with visual studio redistributables, it only means library code noticed something was horribly wrong. Dump files may help, should be created in same directory as winuae.exe unless you have disabled Windows error reporting (WER). If it creates dump file: you must use official beta, not winuae.7z to generate them.
I haven't disabled it, but WinUAE is also not making any dumps from PPCEmul crash. When the sound of the crash happens I press space bar because I can't see the prompt if in Fullscreen and then have the option to close/exit WinUAE. But I haven't seen a dump file created. For other crashes I have. Hmm.

The Betas you're releasing here aren't....Official Betas? look: However, when I get a dump (haha, reads funny...) I'll post in a created thread.

Quote:
I managed to duplicate this (it won't happen if log window is open), it was due to window not being active/focused early enough. Not sure why triple buffering helped unless it changed timing slightly.

Could you confirm that http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z fixes it?
Seems to be doing well now - fullscreen and windowed are functioning as they should. I have a Sound file being played in the middle of the Startup-Sequence, where the Monitors are loaded...and right as the change happens from Amiga video to RTG there is a stutter that doesn't happen with my real A4000. Not a big deal, I noticed Amiga68k typed about flaky audio. It might be related?

But yeah, so far Direct3D 9 and 11 seem to be doing well with Double and Triple buffering with the file you asked me to confirm.
Old 20 January 2018, 23:35   #380
AmigaRob

Hi Toni,

Sorry to come to this thread after the main release, but I am getting a program crash on attempting to load the Winuae executable with the 3.6 final release with both the 32bit and 64bit version, even before the GUI has opened. I have not been following the 3.6 betas, but I've just tried beta 18 32 bit and got the same result. I also tried running it with both a full install in 32 bit and 64 bit from the 3.6 final installer, and with the 32 bit unzipped to a directory on another partition with seemingly the same result. The 3.5 release seems to work fine.

I have attached a dump file for the 32bit version.

I thought there might be something corrupt in my 'Amiga' public folder, so I renamed it, but it does not seem to make much difference.

This is just a report from me. I am happy using 3.5, but I am sorry I had not tried 3.6 earlier during development. I hope I am not doing something silly.

Robert
Attached Files
File Type: dmp winuae_3.6.0_R_2018.01.20_22.02.01.dmp (58.9 KB, 60 views)