English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 08 June 2020, 06:34   #1
shoestring

Returning to Amiga.

Hi All.

Was a long time Amiga and c64 user but it's been awhile since I've used a real one, I always loved the hardware. Still have a c64 and recently, several Atari 8 bits which remind me a lot of the Amiga ( ie... copperlists vs display lists ).

Everything I do right now is done via emulation which is a blessing to be honest, considering the cost of Amiga hardware and upgrades these days although I miss my real Amigas and tinkering with them.

I do some arcade stuff ( repairs & diagnostic roms ) as well from time to time but I'm doing more and more assembler on the Amiga. Have started experimenting with MAME arcade titles and porting code to the Amiga to see what's possible and how to work around the hardware limitations, I got the inspiration from Graeme ( McGeezer ) who as you all know, done some outstanding work on the Amiga with ports like Rygar, Bombjack and now Super Sprint.

Hope to get more involved here and learn more about what I've missed after all these years. And of course, make some new friends.
Old 08 June 2020, 09:34   #2
chip

Welcome back to the "Amiga World" then

Good luck for finding the real hardware
Old 13 June 2020, 04:57   #3
shoestring

Oh yes, finding hardware at these prices is challenging! But I need to test my code on real hardware.

Open to FPGA solutions, just need to do some research first and determine what will work best. But I'm leaning towards an A500/A500+ with a Vampire.
Old 13 June 2020, 05:13   #4
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Welcome back! The Amiga is alive and well.