English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 02 August 2010, 17:45   #1
Wasagi

Sega megadrive + Light gun + 7 Games

Here we have a boxed Megadrive with Menacer light gun. Both items are fully working and have been tested (this morning for about 3 hours )

7 boxed games are included:
  • Alien3
  • Jungle Strike
  • Fifa Soccer
  • Menacer 6 light gun games
  • Fatal Fury
  • Renn and Stimpy
  • Mega Collection

Looking for £30 + PnP

Paypal payment as gift or cover fees.

Last edited by Wasagi; 02 August 2010 at 21:21.
Old 02 August 2010, 18:18   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I'll take it off your hands

Will PM you later/tomorrow morning if that's ok?
Old 02 August 2010, 18:22   #3
Wasagi

Not a problem. will give me time to get a postal price.
Old 02 August 2010, 18:28   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Where abouts in Essex are you?
Old 02 August 2010, 18:36   #5
Wasagi

Kelvedon near Colchester. Why's that?
Old 02 August 2010, 18:45   #6
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I've got family in Essex and I'm down that way quite often, but it might just be better to whack it in the post.

Will PM you
Old 02 August 2010, 18:52   #7
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If anyone is selling a Sega CD-X (MultiMega) I'd be interested.

It would have to be a reasonable price as emulators are quite good these days, specially on the Wii which can do 240p.
Old 02 August 2010, 18:54   #8
Wasagi

I may have a multimega and 32x in the loft. I'll have a look this week and drop you a PM.
Old 03 August 2010, 11:55   #9
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
It would have to be a reasonable price as emulators are quite good these days, specially on the Wii which can do 240p.
Stop being a cheapskate! Emulators may be good these days but they should not affect the going price for a relatively rare, collectible and original piece of hardware
Old 03 August 2010, 12:02   #10
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I'm not really fussed about that anyway, I emulate all the MD games I want on my xbox for convenience.

Just like messing around with my real MD's every now and then.
Old 03 August 2010, 12:24   #11
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
Stop being a cheapskate!
Never

Quote:
Emulators may be good these days but they should not affect the going price for a relatively rare, collectible and original piece of hardware
Does for me. Megadrive emulation on the Wii is infeasibly good. The 4:3 240p mode makes all the difference. I've had the two next to each other and it is very hard (but not impossible) to tell them apart (almost imperceptible scaling artefacts on Wii). The convenience of being able to load any game from the network more than makes up for them and the Wii "Classic controller". If the Wii had Sega-CD emulation I wouldn't be looking for a Multi-Mega.

Quote:
I emulate all the MD games I want on my xbox for convenience.
You got a progressive screen (LCD/Plasma) & 480p?

I've still got an CRT TV and in 576i the interlace artefacts on the XBOX emulators do my nut in. The absence of this on the Wii really make a difference.
Old 03 August 2010, 12:31   #12
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I've got an LCD yeah. Run everything at 720p with it displayed at 3x the original resolution.

I bloody love it. It's the only reason I still have the xbox(es) laying about.
Old 03 August 2010, 12:37   #13
seuden
uber cool demi god

If I had an old CRT TV I would have gone for this. The Xboxes are friggin awesome, I would recommend everyone have one for retro gaming especially as the cost of them is ridiculously low, something alexh must revel in.
Old 03 August 2010, 12:39   #14
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I have a tiny little PC linked to my 37" LCD screen stuffed with all sorts of games... but i still prefer using the real hardware (probably a nostalgic thing ).

I have one of these with various controllers hooked upto my LCD TV and wireless network:

Sits nicely with all my other consoles but can do alot more
Old 03 August 2010, 14:55   #15
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
If I had an old CRT TV I would have gone for this. The Xboxes are friggin awesome
Not on CRT TV's they aint. They cannot output 240p/288p so emulators suffer from interlace artefacts not present on the real thing. The Wii can do 240p/288p so looks much much better than XBOX on a CRT TV.

Quote:
i still prefer using the real hardware (probably a nostalgic thing ).
Nice. Never tried a HTPC but I suspect they suck at emulation. The resolution and refresh rate controls will be so bad they will ruin the emulator experience on an LCDTV (especially if you are using the VGA / DVI input and Windows). But I don't know, never had one, perhaps connected via HDMI the LCDTV will accept all the resolutions and refresh rates required for emulators?

The Wii & X-BOX 1 can output progressive screen at 50Hz via component / HDMI which makes all the difference.

Last edited by alexh; 03 August 2010 at 15:05.
Old 03 August 2010, 15:09   #16
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Not on CRT TV's they aint. They cannot output 240p/288p so emulators suffer from interlace artefacts not present on the real thing. The Wii can do 240p/288p so looks much much better than XBOX on a CRT TV.
I think I gave you a bum steer, I haven't got a CRT TV only LCDs. I meant to come across saying that if you don't have a CRT TV (then most people will have a flat panel TV) then having an Xbox for retro gaming is pretty much a must imo.

Quote:
Nice. Never tried a HTPC but I suspect they suck at emulation. The resolution and refresh rate controls (especially if you are running VGA and Windows) will be so bad they will ruin the emulator experience on an LCDTV. But I don't know, never had one. Perhaps everything is possible but I suspect you'll need to use HDMI.

The Wii & X-BOX 1 can output progressive screen at 50Hz via component / HDMI which makes all the difference.
I have an Acer Revo connected to my 40" LCD which is friggin awesome for emulation too, especially Amiga. Apidya on a 40" LCD looks the best!

We're steering off topic, nice Mega Drive Wasagi, great purchase KG.
Old 03 August 2010, 15:11   #17
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Nice. Never tried a HTPC but I suspect they suck at emulation. The resolution and refresh rate controls (especially if you are running VGA and Windows) will be so bad they will ruin the emulator experience on an LCDTV.

I've not run into any issues yet... I do have powerstrip installed (not configured it properly yet though) and my TV supposedly supports modes from 50hz upto 200hz.

Most games i play are developed for a 60hz screen mode anyway. Nearly all Megadrive, Snes, N64, Saturn, Neo Geo and PS1 games run the way they are meant to at 60hz. The only emulator with issues is Winuae until i configure new screen modes using PowerStrip (either 50hz or 100hz for PAL games).

The original Xbox is great but does not have enough "grunt" for some games/emulators.
Old 03 August 2010, 15:25   #18
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Sounds good. I found that in Windows, even with VSYNC set to on and 50/60Hz set that emulators every now and again hic-cup to compensate for being slightly out of sync? Wii & XBOX1 don't tend to do that. You get that?

Never having owned an LCDTV do they really have programmable refresh rates? Can you really see a difference between 50Hz, 60Hz and does it really do 100Hz?

On a PC LCD monitor if you input 50Hz/60Hz or 100Hz you rarely get a screen of that refresh. The LCD continues to operate at some sort of base rate (possibly 75Hz) and the input picture is frame-rate-converted in hardware to that base rate. The quality of this conversion varies between model to model.
Old 03 August 2010, 15:39   #19
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Sounds good. I found that in Windows, even with VSYNC set to on and 50/60Hz set that emulators every now and again hic-cup to compensate for being slightly out of sync? Wii & XBOX1 don't tend to do that. You get that?
I've only experienced these hiccups or frame skips when running Winuae... I've not noticed it with anything else.

Quote:
Never having owned an LCDTV do they really have programmable refresh rates? Can you really see a difference between 50Hz, 60Hz and does it really do 100Hz?
It's got a Trumotion engine that apparently goes upto 200hz... The difference is noticeable when watching TV or movies (DVD, Blu-ray etc...) but not so much with gaming (not that i've noticed anyway).