English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 August 2010, 05:54   #1
Leandro Jardim

Suggestions

* Remember the state of the read/write option for the floppies between the sessions of the emulation. Add a chunk to the ADF specification (to be more realistic) or modify WinUAE to store the state of all disks recently used.
* Floppy images linked artificially to a photo of the original disk (for coverdisks, workbench disks, etc.), or add a chunk to the ADF as a highly compressed image. Show the photo of the disk in the file selection dialog and after, in the GUI.

As always, I am not expecting any agression of the kind: "oh boy, what's this sh*t, its useless!". Its only a suggestion and I am not expecting a response. Be polite.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 14 August 2010 at 06:23.
Old 14 August 2010, 08:14   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
* Remember the state of the read/write option for the floppies between the sessions of the emulation. Add a chunk to the ADF specification (to be more realistic) or modify WinUAE to store the state of all disks recently used.
RW state is stored with the image (host OS read-only protection flag). Always read-only images like ipf and zipped images use "saveimages" directory.

Standard ADF can't have any extra flags or metadata. (technically you can but it is "specified" to be 1:1 image of floppy's user data, nothing else)

Quote:
* Floppy images linked artificially to a photo of the original disk (for coverdisks, workbench disks, etc.), or add a chunk to the ADF as a highly compressed image. Show the photo of the disk in the file selection dialog and after, in the GUI.
This is really a frontend feature and I don't want to do those..
(Who decides/plans the format/structure?)

Quote:
As always, I am not expecting any agression of the kind: "oh boy, what's this sh*t, its useless!". Its only a suggestion and I am not expecting a response. Be polite.
This was not so pointless as normally