English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 11 February 2005, 21:23   #1
Johnyt
Zone Friend

Hidden drawer afrter install problem

Hi

I have been trying to install Games to my hard dreive within winuae so that I can transfer them to my amiga. This saves the hassle of actualy creating the disks from adf then installing it manually as it were.

The only problem is with some games once it has finished installing the drawer it had created is hidden. You have to go to the window menu and seect show all files to reveal what you have just installed. The game usually works once you've actually found it but it just seams strange and disconcerning,

I know some would just put up with it but it does get on my nerves. So I would like to know is there an option that I have not found that would stop this file from being hidden. Or is there any software that would provide this ability.
Old 11 February 2005, 21:51   #2
thomas

You could create an icon (.info file) for the drawer. Just copy another drawer icon or use IconEdit to create a new one.

Or you could choose "show all files" from the menu and snapshot the window, so "show all" is always on.
Old 11 February 2005, 21:52   #3
oldpx

You need to add an icon to that hidden drawer of yous. Directory opus is the program I use but any icon copier program will do too. I would get used to this if I were you, hidden files and folders is not a problem you can solve permanently.

Old 12 February 2005, 01:31   #4
Johnyt
Zone Friend

ok I have opus installed but have no idea what im doing could some one please tell me what i must do now to unhide this drawer.

Thank you all for your help so far
Old 12 February 2005, 01:37   #5
oldpx

With opus, browse to the location that the drawer without the icon resides in. Choose it by clicking once then right click the "icon info" button. This will activate the alternative function of the button (add icon) Now your file/drawer will be displayed all the time.

Old 14 February 2005, 03:07   #6
Amiga1992

MOved to newbie forum.
Old 14 February 2005, 06:19   #7
Jope
-

* Open a cli or shell
* use the cd command to move to the directory you want the icon to be in (cd / goes up one directory, cd : goes to the root of the device, cd sys: goes to your boot drive's root directory)
* copy sys:expansion.info mynewgame.info
* of course replace mynewgame.info with the exact name of the directory you want the icon for. Use double quotes (") between the filename if you have spaces in it.
* then you should see your new icon the next time you open the drawer where your game should reside.
* endcli lets you out of the cli/shell