English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

Old 22 September 2019, 00:32   #181
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
[...] always only use the Pause-function provided by the game. [...]
No promises, but will do my best (some keys are just reached automatically)

Quote:
[...] Fortunately with Worthy you get a few seconds to study the level before your character appears. So use this time and then pause with P and remember your route if necessary.
Fortunately, I know the game enough not to need to pause to remember a level. Pause is mostly used because my mini-Gozillas are disturbing me .

By the way, speaking about them, they managed to reach level 6 !!! (without my help, nor seeing me playing the first levels).
I was really impressed ! They call Worthy : "The game of the prince and the princess" . They think it's pathetic, but funny, that the princess doesn't kiss the prince if he hasn't collected enough diamonds, and how she taps her foot with impatience .

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
sorry to be so late.
It's a good game.
Nice !
Old 22 September 2019, 01:12   #182
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Nice !
thank you mate.
Happy to be able to return a little, i hope to do more next time.
Old 22 September 2019, 13:34   #183
john4p
Competition Moderator

Tried myself today to beat Lines' score but I couldn't remember the best routes for the later levels and gave up.

malko put by far the most effort into this and earns a well deserved GOLD medal!
A strong effort from LinesMachine earns him a SILVER medal.
Finally I take the BRONZE.

In the team battle we beat the Lemoners convincingly and now lead 8-6.

This game was truly a condign addition to the Super League!

Thanks again for making this available to us. We might visit it again in the Knockout in December.

Looking forward to your new beat'em up. May it be as fun as Streets of Rage 2 and as challenging as Final Fight!
Old 22 September 2019, 13:55   #184
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] malko put by far the most effort into this and earns a well deserved GOLD medal!
A strong effort from LinesMachine earns him a SILVER medal.
Finally I take the BRONZE. [...]
Thank you John, but I was not alone posting some GIF or Videos or posting tips/experience. Nice effort to all.
Will continue to feed this thread until I beat the game .
I really had a crush on Worthy. Really excellent game with good balanced difficulty in my opinion.

Quote:
[...] In the team battle we beat the Lemoners convincingly and now lead 8-6.[...]
Y E S !

Quote:
[...] Thanks again for making this available to us. [...]

Quote:
[...] Looking forward to your new beat'em up. May it be as fun as Streets of Rage 2 and as challenging as Final Fight!
+1
Old 22 September 2019, 19:58   #185
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Well done guys and congrats for the win!

It was extremely interesting to us to see this round unfold
Old 25 September 2019, 23:08   #186
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Today I have improved level 19.
Now I finish it with a "perfect". About 7 seconds remaining
Old 25 September 2019, 23:13   #187
john4p
Competition Moderator

Good. Chances are high we'll revisit this game in the Knockout.
Old 05 October 2019, 02:17   #188
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Now that Malkette is on the podium, tonight I took the time to search for an 100% road for level 35.
And I got two variant :
- with the safest road, time remaining is about 20 seconds
- with the more adventurous road (one red blob comes really closely), time remaining is about 30 seconds

By the way Tsak, I now use your road for level 33 as it's definitively better than mine . Thanks .
Old 05 October 2019, 07:16   #189
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Nice
Old 05 October 2019, 12:22   #190
capehorn

In four and a half hours of play, I still haven't managed to beat the level 40 boss
Old 05 October 2019, 12:36   #191
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
In four and a half hours of play, I still haven't managed to beat the level 40 boss
How many hits did you get down to?
Old 05 October 2019, 23:16   #192
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Here is my road for level 35

Last edited by malko; 06 October 2019 at 00:25.
Old 06 October 2019, 00:27   #193
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Would you believe it ? Too strong !

Old 06 October 2019, 01:17   #194
capehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
How many hits did you get down to?

Once I got down to 3, a couple of times down to 5.

Is the idea that you are supposed to draw the red blobs into the boss when he is summoning, removing his shield and hitting him 5 times in a row? I'm finding that very tough to do consistantly, because the blobs don't seem to walk into him that often. If the idea is just to hit him twice each time he summons, I just find it too difficult when the blue blobs start appearing and a mistake always gets made. But TBH I rarely get even that far.
Old 06 October 2019, 07:18   #195
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

@Capehorn

There are a number of different ways to bring the boss down:

-First method is to wait for his shield to dissappear and try to attack him twice. You have to stay alive at least 13 rounds (1 round = 1 summon) to make that happen. If you don't get greedy and play it as safe as possible, making sure you are always equiped with as many swords as you can, it's doable. Focus on taking out the spawns first to eliminate the possibility of getting cornered, even if that means not damaging him in every round or just damage him once.

-Second method is indeed to try and lure enemies into his shield to disable it and attack him more times. But as you said this is pretty tricky to do (and requires some luck). Supposed you do that in every round you could bring him down in 5 rounds (best case).

-You can ALSO damage him in between rounds and before he starts spawning. This is by far the fastest way, but you need to think a bit out of the box here. I won't get into more detail or spoil the methods yet (yes there are various different ways), just hint that you'll be able to do that safely, once you learn and decipher his moving and attack patterns. Using this you could kill him in 5 rounds or less (at best).

-I should note here that it's (theoretically) possible to even kill him at 2 rounds by combining methods 1, 2 and some of the method 3 variants.

As to what is the "intended" or safest way to do it, well, there isn't any. Each method has it's own risks and rewards. What worked best for me was a combination of the above , depending on the round, move and attack pattern, while always making sure I never took unnecessary risks.

@Malko: ha, ha, well done mate!
Yup, the 2 kills with one sword is a known one
More may even be possible.
Old 07 October 2019, 00:23   #196
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
[...] @Malko: ha, ha, well done mate!
Yup, the 2 kills with one sword is a known one
More may even be possible.
More than two, really ?
With all the go I did on Worthy, I only did it once (by accident/chance). Anyway, I thrust you. Maybe you know how to reproduce it

Here is my road for level 36 :

Old 07 October 2019, 20:37   #197
capehorn

Quote:
@Capehorn

There are a number of different ways to bring the boss down:

Maybe I just needed a break because I set aside an hour or two to have another go and managed to kill him in my first continue. I see what you mean about hitting him while he is firing his weapon which was useful in the first couple of rounds, but after that I played it safe and just gave him two hits every time he summoned.

I only got to see the basic ending and not sure I will ever manage to see the good one, but I hope it has Aldo leaving Ruby and settling down with someone less demanding!
Old 08 October 2019, 00:39   #198
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

@Capehorn: Congrats man!
He, he, well the thing with Aldo is that beyond the fact that he's driven for Ruby it's also a matter of pride to him. Gotta prove he's 'worthy', right?
Now, if it would be me I probably woudn't bother with this snobby, spoiled princess (or enter 'prince' if you are a girl) attitude in the first place

@Malko: the 3 blobs kill is just a hypothesis knowing how the double happens. Haven't seen it myself. But I have seen the double one.

Btw, one ask about your road for 36. After you flip the first switch, why not go for the swords immediately? What you do instead is this very tricky and dangerous maneuver at the bottom.
Old 08 October 2019, 01:11   #199
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] @Malko: the 3 blobs kill is just a hypothesis knowing how the double happens. Haven't seen it myself. But I have seen the double one.[...]
OK .
I only regret that I have not recorded it as i don't remember exactly how I was placed and how the two red blobs were placed (seeing it in detail could have helped to reproduce it )

Quote:
[...] Btw, one ask about your road for 36. After you flip the first switch, why not go for the swords immediately? What you do instead is this very tricky and dangerous maneuver at the bottom.
I did it in the beginning but decided to change as the red blobs were a pain while following me (if I go directly to the swords, there are two blobs following me and the two others remaining close to the switch. Then, when I move on the right of the screen to kill the other blue blob, the red ones are painful).
Thus, to answer your question, not going immediately to the sword allow me, after, to have all red blobs staying on the left of the screen while I am killing the other blue blob on the right of the screen. I find it more simple. Moreover, I can reproduce this "family walk" 100 times out of 100 without loosing a single life .

Last edited by malko; 08 October 2019 at 01:24.
Old 10 October 2019, 08:54   #200
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Here is my road for level 37 :