English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 05 February 2011, 01:48   #1
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

IBrowse - Changing buttons

Hi:
I was going to open a thread to know how to change the direct link buttons that the installed Ibrowse from the official download page has.
If you install it like I did in my CWB39 you'll find for example that you don't have a button for EAB......

I already have Ibrowse installed in another CF with other OS's and I have better buttons than those I had dowloaded (and with EAB, of course )

So I've been searching half and hour and I've been lucky to find this info in AmigaSys, and I have understood why I had a better Ibrowse in some OS's than in others. This is what the Sys4 people explain:

"- IBROWSE setting bugs (Mainly font bugs, wrong font was set, wich was not available on the system, this caused a very ugly look in browsing, all font were mainly optimalized to 640x512).
- IBROWSE favorites filled in (with the AmigaSYS partner sites, completed)
- All the old and crowded IBROWSE buttons are deleted, (there are new buttons, with AGA optimalization).
- The YAM address book error and button glitch are fixed (at start it showed an error message and the buttons were misplaced). "

So I've made a copy of the installed Ibrowse in the Cf HD with Sys4 and have deleted and copied it in the CWB39. When I've tried it it was looking very ugly with wrong fonts, so I've made a copy of the ones of the system with Sys4 and have copied them in CWB39... Now it's perfect. I've got the buttons right and the direct link to EAB...

So, if any knows how to change the buttons to add any other web page, I will be gratefull to know, and if not, now you know how to improve it if you haven't still the EAB button there....

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 February 2011 at 02:17.
Old 05 February 2011, 03:13   #2
Mozzerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi:

So, if any knows how to change the buttons to add any other web page, I will be gratefull to know, and if not, now you know how to improve it if you haven't still the EAB button there....
You can add any other website in the Gui/Fastlink section of the Ibrowse preferences.
Old 05 February 2011, 09:31   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I was supossing there has to be an easy way. I'll try it. Thanks! But where are those preferences exactly?
And still I think I have to copy the mui preferences to have the same look of the AmigaSys Ibrowse.

EDIT: Better forget all what I've said about changing the Ibrowse from AmigaSys. It seems I'll have to change endless things to make it the same.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 February 2011 at 15:43.
Old 05 February 2011, 13:39   #4
Mozzerfan

Quote:
I was supossing there has to be an easy way. I'll try it. Thanks! But where are those preferences exactly?
And still I think I have to copy the mui preferences to had the same look of the AmigaSys Ibrowse.

EDIT: Better forget all what I've said about changing the Ibrowse from AmigaSys. It seem I'll have to change endless things to make it the same.
Click on the Preferences/Settings menu and in the left panel double-click on GUI and then select fastlink. By click the add-button in the right panel, you can add another fastlink button.

For you MUI-settings: copy the 'Envarc:MUI' drawer from you amigasys system to your other system. Maybe it also best to copy the entire Fonts folder to your other system.

When you copy the Ibrowse drawer, don't forget to copy it's sub-drawers.
The images of the buttons are in the 'Images'-subdrawer of the Ibrowse drawer.
Old 05 February 2011, 15:44   #5
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Wow Mozzerfan you seem good on this. Have you done it before?
Old 05 February 2011, 16:01   #6
Mozzerfan

Quote:
Wow Mozzerfan you seem good on this. Have you done it before?
Well I own 15 amigas and I happen to use a lot of the same configuration files on a lot of my systems.

It all started in 1987 or so. That's when I bought my first amiga 500. I guess through the years I learned a lot about the Amiga OS.
Old 06 February 2011, 00:54   #7
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Then you must know a couple of things...

It works. I copied all the complete Internet drawer as CWB39 doesn't have it, Mui in System (and in System/Sys, as each OS has it in different places, so I copied it twice to be sure), the Mui archives of Env-Archive and the fonts of AmigaSys
Finally as it was looking ugly in 16 colors I went to System/mui/patternsTissueDark and I remapped it to 16 colors with ImageStudio and changed it (the copy I did) in the Ibrowse preferences. Now it looks right.
The only thing that I've lost (I had it in any moment before) is the Ibrowse logo at the beginning, but it's hapenning the same in a AmigaSys OS I have. I have to see what happens with it.

EDIT: No, still I'm missing something that the AmigaSys has. In it I don't have nothing remapped, and it looks better with 16 colors. I have to see what it is.
Old 06 February 2011, 01:33   #8
Mozzerfan

Quote:
The only thing that I've lost (I had it in any moment before) is the Ibrowse logo at the beginning, but it's hapenning the same in a AmigaSys OS I have. I have to see what happens with it.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Do you mean that when you start Ibrowse, the splash window is empty. Or do you mean the Ibrowse transfer animation with the Ibrowse logo?
If it's the empty splash window problem, it's because of visual prefs.

This is a quote from the visual prefs-guide:

---start quote-----

Certain windows of some MUI programs (like IBrowse) appear empty if the top border's thickness is different than (titlebar height increment + 2).
This is really a nasty problem, I don't know if I will ever be able to
find a solution.
For now, set the top border to a value == (titlebar height increment + 2).
Similarly, if (and only if) the screen's titlebar height increment
is set to a different value than the window's titlebar height increment,
you could experience "disappearing" titlebar gadgets in some MUI programs.

----end quote------

If you mean the Ibrowse transfer-animation in the Ibrowse window, check if there's a file called 'TransferAnimation' in the Images sub-drawer of the Ibrowse-drawer.

Quote:
EDIT: No, still I'm missing something that the AmigaSys has. In it I don't have nothing remapped, and it looks better with 16 colors. I have to see what it is.
Have you by any chance installed FullPalette on your Amigasys system? Edit: Also check in screenmode-prefs how much colours you use for workbench.

Last edited by Mozzerfan; 06 February 2011 at 10:43.
Old 06 February 2011, 02:28   #9
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, yes, I'm talking about an empty screen, and yes, I've changed... all; visualprefs, palette, surely titlebar because of the logos I'm using there...
I've got in Visual Prefs Titlebar height 8 (the max). I will try with less

Great info you're giving

EDIT: That's it! It shows it with a height of 2.
Thanks!

Now I've got to see why the AmigaSys Ibrowse looks better in 16 colors with all the same than in this CWB39.
If I leave the original images of background ( all the main color of the Ibrowse screen borders) they just don't appear, and in the Sys4 they look great.

Edit: I've got 16 colors in both. Tomorrow I will go on

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 February 2011 at 02:37.
Old 06 February 2011, 10:11   #10
Mozzerfan

I think there's something on your Asys system that changes the palette.

If your using OS3.9 on both systems, check if the same options are used in Workbench -prefs regarding showing newicons and setting magic wb-colors.

Also you can try to copy 'Envarc:sys/palette.prefs' from your Asys system to the other system.
Old 06 February 2011, 13:35   #11
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok I'm here again. Have just seen your post and now I will search it.
Anyway, this is how it is now in both configurations:
CWB39:

OS3.9+AmigaSys:

I have both title bars set at a height of 2 now, but the one of OS39 is thinniest, don't know why. I had to change the height of the logo, which I don't like to do. Perhaps it's just the screenmode that is different in both configurations?
I don't know either how I got the black title bar in the AmigaSys. Yes, surely it has something different in the palette or somewhere.

EDIT: Now that I can see both at the same time, they don't have the same buttons. See the Google one. There must be a preference, any option that still I have to copy....... Edit: I've copied two drawers that weren't in the CWB: System:Tools/Themes, and System:Tools/WebPlug, but still it's the same.

Edit:I've changed Envarc/Sys complete and there's no difference in Ibrowse, the only is the ugly (thinner) black title bar of WB... so in this case I'm going to change it on the contrary to get the thicker white bar in OS39Sys4. I will go changing the files of Sys till I find the one of the bar....
Edit: I've changed a lot of files and I don't find which it is... perhaps it's case sensitive? I think the best is just to change it and to know where can I change the Title bar color. What I don't understand is that it is thicker in the CWB than in the AmigaSys while they have both the height set at 2 in Gui.
Edit: It's a matter of Gui definetely.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 February 2011 at 16:24.
Old 06 February 2011, 17:32   #12
Mozzerfan

Try to copy envarc:visualprefs to your new system. Also copy the sys:prefs/Preset drawer. Edit: (And it sub-drawers). Also copy envarc:sys/gui.prefs.

Just noticed the skins of your window titlebars. That's got to be changed in birdie.

Last edited by Mozzerfan; 06 February 2011 at 17:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 06 February 2011, 18:04   #13
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzerfan View Post
Try to copy envarc:visualprefs to your new system. Also copy the sys:prefs/Preset drawer. Edit: (And it sub-drawers). Also copy envarc:sys/gui.prefs.

Just noticed the skins of your window titlebars. That's got to be changed in birdie.
I've already seen that I can change the color of the bar in Gui, although I don't understand how it looks thicker in CWB. I've got another screen mode in AmigaSys: CGXPAL: High Res Laced. In CWB I had none ¿? in Devs:Monitors. How can it be? I thought you always needed to have something there. It doesn't matter, I'm going to try adding CyberbugFix that is where I get those screen modes, although I'm not sure it will change that...

Later I will try with the presets. With envarc:sys I copied all (complete sys) before and didn't change the look of Ibrowse.
Old 06 February 2011, 18:48   #14
Mozzerfan

Quote:
I've got another screen mode in AmigaSys: CGXPAL: High Res Laced. In CWB I had none ¿? in Devs:Monitors. How can it be?
Copy Devs:Monitors/Pal to your other system.

BTW Are you really sure you don't use a utility like fullpalette on your asys system?

Edit: Just looked again at your post #7. You've edited the tissuedark.pattern. Re-copy Mui:Patterns drawer.

You shouldn't have to remap the colours of any images, as both of your systems use a 16-color screenmode. That's why I'm curious if you are using FullPalette.

Last edited by TCD; 06 February 2011 at 18:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 06 February 2011, 19:54   #15
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, I've got a thicker bar in OS39 as in the other just changing fonts, but about the look of Ibrowse nothing. I've copied the preset drawer and nothing. In envarc there wasn't visualprefs. Anyway I copied it from C.
I went to Ibrowse and saved the settings in the Sys4 and loaded them in the CWB. Nothing.
I've seen right now your post. Will look about it. Yes, perhaps I didn't install Full Palette in CWB.
EDIT: How I wasn't going to install it? Yes, it's installed in both, with the FullPalette.prefs loaded, saved and using the 16 colors palette from Rebel. There's nothing different with that.

This is the log in CWB when openning Ibrowse and the other in Sys4:

EDIT:To start I see I have to copy the mui key...

HEy! I've got now (with the key) the buttons of the Sys4! ... but still I don't have the backdrop looking the same... Anyway it looks much better now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Snoop2.txt (11.6 KB, 148 views)
File Type: txt Snoop2Sys4.txt (5.5 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 February 2011 at 23:12.
Old 06 February 2011, 22:44   #16
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, there's no other thread over it, so I post again to show a photo: I've decided that now it looks much better with the buttons so I've changed the backdrop and choosen one remapped in 16 colors (yes, I have them remapped, but with different names) I like how it's now:

Thanks for the help, Mozzerfan!

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 February 2011 at 23:11.