English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 09 August 2011, 20:31   #1
Grizaptimus

Newb question: PAL amiga on US RGB monitor

Hey there everyone. I have just have been playing around with Amiga emulators for awhile and have decided to look into getting my first amiga.

I want to get a PAL amiga as I want to have access to all the sweet demos and whatnot. So the questions is are the RGB monitors made in different NTSC/PAL versions or would I be able to use a US amiga monitor with a PAL amiga and have everything work out.

Or would it just be better to wait a bit and pick up something like the indivision ECS/AGA?

Thanks for all the help
--Griz--

Old 09 August 2011, 23:35   #2
Amiga1992

The monitors are made different on the Composite signal, however, RGB is different. The Commodore monitors do both 50 and 60 Hz, so a PAL or NTSC Amiga would work just GREAT with a Commodore monitor as long as it is connected through RGB.

So get that PAL Amiga with confidence. I would advise against using an old RGB monitor though, getting a scandoubler is much better.