English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 January 2007, 21:21   #1
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Windows Mouse trouble

I have built an arcade cabinet, that has a few MAME games a few C64 games and a few Amiga games I have decided (fingers crossed) that I don't have to have any "lame" mouse or keyboard attached to the cabinet. So, I have managed to map the arcade-joystics (they appear as a standard keyboard to windows) to work as a "windows mouse". This works fine in windows and in Winuae menus. But... I cannot get the actual "Amiga-mouse" working. I have tried to select Windows Mouse, Mouse* etc from the menu and map some custom inputs also, but the pointer won't move a bit when emulation is on. Does anyone have any clue why it doesn't work? I'm asking because it seems weird that it works great in windows and in the winuae menus. The keys that the joystick sends are the standard cursor keys (up, right, down, left) and the fire button is ctrl. So another option would be to map those to controlthe mouse, but I cannot figure out how to do that
Old 02 January 2007, 21:28   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

why not use something like this as a mouse

this would look cool at the cabinet
Old 02 January 2007, 22:15   #3
P-J

I suspect your problem is that WinUAE is actually polling the physical mouse itself rather than the keys used to control the mouse. IIRC correctly you can control the Amiga mouse (on a real Amiga) using both Amiga keys and the cursors (or something like that) if that helps

Other than that, do as Dizzy says to save you a lot of pain. You should be able to buy a 'bare' trackball which you could mount in your cabinet.
Old 03 January 2007, 11:35   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE uses DirectInput to read mouse (and joystick&keyboard) messages and most input mapping software is not compatible with DirectInput.

WinUAE uses regular Windows mouse messages only when mousehack-mode is enabled or when WinUAE has not focus (Windows mouse pointer visible)
Old 03 January 2007, 11:51   #5
P-J

Toni, do you know if MouseKeys (Accessibility stuff) in Windows XP is compatible? This might solve the OP's problems.
Old 03 January 2007, 12:02   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
Toni, do you know if MouseKeys (Accessibility stuff) in Windows XP is compatible? This might solve the OP's problems.
No idea but why not use WinUAE's built-in input mapping support?
Old 03 January 2007, 12:09   #7
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
No idea but why not use WinUAE's built-in input mapping support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emuola
So another option would be to map those to controlthe mouse, but I cannot figure out how to do that
So we just need to put these two together
Old 03 January 2007, 13:33   #8
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Thanks for the info I managed to get it to work by selecting Input Configuration 4 and "mapping" the keyboard arrows to Mouse 1 directions. Then when I have the Keyset B in port 1, I can move the Amiga mouse pointer with the arrows (the arcade joy) I guess the Mousehack would be a cleaner solution, but I coudn't get it to work. I still have to do some investigating on this matter