English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 06 January 2002, 07:28   #1
Pyromania

Risky Woods

My Risky Woods floppy is dead and I can't find this old cool game on the web, can anyone help please?
Old 06 January 2002, 14:55   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Or better yet, www.aceroms.com has the TRSI crack, as well as the Crystal crack. And that site loads faster, too.
Old 06 January 2002, 15:58   #3
RCK
Administrator

*hum*

http://eab.abime.net/announcement.php?forumid=10
Old 06 January 2002, 16:15   #4
MethodGit

One setback about both PE2000 and Aceroms: you can't have straight access to a certain letter page in the roms sections, any attempt to direct link a page will result in immediate redirection to the main page, so you are forced to wade through all the other pages till you find the page featuring the game you want.

A darn shame. *drat, curses, boo hiss and so on *
Old 06 January 2002, 16:55   #5
Drake1009

@Twistin'
It seems that Aceroms have gone a bit down the drain. Or at least they're heading that way. The last couple of times I've tried to download something from there I have either gotten a speed around 300 bytes/sec or the download has been stopped in mid download telling me it's finished which leaves me without the oppertunity to resume later which I would've been able to had it just lost connection.
Old 06 January 2002, 21:05   #6
MethodGit

What's more, the Coverdisks in the coverdisks section don't seem to want to download properly. Previously the links worked OK, but now GetRight is claming that there's "no such file or directory" - a URL spelling/coding problem, perhaps?

Using LeechFTP to get into the FTP just brings up an empty directory.
Old 06 January 2002, 21:18   #7
oldpx

As discussed before, Aceroms's ftp contents are protected from leechers and cannot be viewed with any ftp client

I can post a Flashget list that contains the urls of all the games on aceroms if anyone wants it.

Old 06 January 2002, 21:49   #8
Pyromania

aceroms

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
I can post a Flashget list that contains the urls of all the games on aceroms if anyone wants it.
Burseg please post the urls of these classic games, thank!
Old 06 January 2002, 23:18   #9
oldpx

Well I would upload it regardless if anyone would request it or not but I was trying to create that .jcd file actually, the problem is flashget stops responding whenever I try to create the list so you'll have to use the htm file I uploaded and select "process web page file" from flashget by yourself. What I uploaded is a 2mb+ .html file that is actually created by joining all the pages that have amiga game links on aceroms.

It'll take time because the list is long so be patient. Flashget may crash as it did with me but it used to work a few days ago so it's probably a problem with my system.

Note that flashget has problems with the file names that have the "&" character in them it will fail to download these files but the url can easily be fixed.

Old 07 January 2002, 01:50   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Admittedly, aceroms has been a bit slow on the downloads, but thankfully Amiga games are small(ish). I have to agree with Marz (oh dear...) about the coverdisks...that's what I really want from that site and not one of the links there are functioning. (sigh)
Old 07 January 2002, 08:30   #11
Tim Janssen

Question Risky Demo

I am looking for the playable demo of Risky Woods which came with a coverdisc of CU Amiga in July 1992.
In this demo you can play the first level which is exactly the same like the final game BUT it features ingame music.

It is really a shame the ingame music is replaced by spot effects in the final game.
Old 08 January 2002, 06:59   #12
Pyromania

Risky Woods

Still having a hard time finding this cool old game, if someone could put it on the zone that would be very nice
Old 08 January 2002, 08:10   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

It's in the zone...
Old 08 January 2002, 18:48   #14
MethodGit

Re: Risky Demo

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Janssen
I am looking for the playable demo of Risky Woods which came with a coverdisc of CU Amiga in July 1992.
In this demo you can play the first level which is exactly the same like the final game BUT it features ingame music.

It is really a shame the ingame music is replaced by spot effects in the final game.
You're in luck, Janssen. The coverdisk makes an appearance on both Nth Dimension & Aceroms (although I tried to download the coverdisks from the latter site yesterday with unsuccessful results, so I'm not sure if the links still work), so you don't have to search for some unknown site in order to find it.

I remember playing the demo though and it's rather hard to complete, but maybe I haven't played the game much in order to understand it.
Old 09 January 2002, 10:26   #15
Tim Janssen

Smile Risky demo

Hi Marz,
I have already found the Risky Woods-coverdisc at Emuulim.com. Amigaboy attended me to it yesterday. It was the ingame music of the demo I was looking for. I really don’t know whether I have finished the Risky Woods-demo all those years ago.

Risky Woods is a nice looking game with repetitive gameplay due to infinite number of enemies that keep on appearing. I have to admit I have never finished a level without using the ‘F1-key’-cheat.
Old 04 April 2010, 21:01   #16
s2325
Zone Friend

If I remember correctly beta version of Risky Woods have different ending (different music and picture) but where can I find proof?
Old 10 April 2010, 00:02   #17
Punisher
Spanish Amigan

Send a message via MSN to Punisher
Look in Computer Emuzone, they have the permission from Dinamic for the ADFs..

http://computeremuzone.com/?id=games&cat=1&val=r&l=en