English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 December 2022, 03:10   #1041
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to comment one thing that I've seen from people using "MorpheuZ" or "Better Config". You must understand that both of them make many changes, and that you should Read the instructions. Sometimes they offer to make some changes... OR to return to previous settings. In some cases, turning back, it can change your wallpaper. For you, to change any wallpaper it's an easy task (that you can ask how to make on Magellan if you don't have an idea), but for example if you select to use Copper Demon as your backgrounds, you should also select that same option on MorpheuZ to disable it if you wish, as MorpheuZ makes many changes to get that option running as you may understand.
Old 04 January 2023, 02:05   #1042
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
I've never tried anything Vampire related. So today I've downloaded the Caffeine OS that works on WinUAE and... it was working great with it's rom and winuae configuration.

So I've just taked my AKReal 9.1 using my recommended UAE config and with MorpheuZ selecting "Preferences", "Better Config", "Continue", "RTG", "Got it" (if you've got the downloadable Picasso rom installed), "AKReal 1024", "Android" I've then restarted the system after doing that.

Then I've taked the Caffeine WinUAE Config and I've changed the "RTG Board" to use a Picasso IV Zorro III and I've added that modified AKReal hdf.

And it boots and works like a charm

So, it seems that you don't need anything else to use AKReal on WinUAE with the Caffeine setup but what I've said.

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 January 2023 at 01:16.
Old 13 January 2023, 16:14   #1043
mark8564
Only Amiga

Hi all just installed AKReal using A500 plus with a Vampire v2 all went well finished install then asked to reboot then it tried to boot but crashers, i remember that on the older version i needed a patch to make it work with the Vampire v2, do i still need a patch to make AKReal 9.1 boot.
Old 14 January 2023, 02:40   #1044
mark8564
Only Amiga

Question AkReal Crashers After install

Hi all just installed AKReal using A500 plus with a Vampire v2 all went well finished install then asked to reboot then it tried to boot but crashers, i remember that on the older version i needed a patch to make it work with the Vampire v2, do i still need a patch to make AKReal 9.1 boot.
Old 14 January 2023, 20:40   #1045
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi: I can't try a Vampire yet, but it must need RTG drivers, so you should add them. I will make an installer once I have my A1200 using a Vampire.
If you keep that installer that Pedro Cotter made you could try it. I unfortunately lost it, but if someone has it it would be nice to share it.
Old 15 January 2023, 08:56   #1046
mark8564
Only Amiga

Hi Retrofan, what i did install 3.1 first then Picasso96 then Saga drivers, restarted installed Eide'99 for cdrom installed OS3.9 and Boing bags 1 and 2 restarted then double clicked on the Akreal installer still fails tried with and without the Vampire patch for the Vampire v2,do you want me to put the Vampire patch up on the Zone so you could have a look.
Kind Regards
Mark
Old 15 January 2023, 15:00   #1047
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark8564 View Post
Hi Retrofan, what i did install 3.1 first then Picasso96 then Saga drivers, restarted installed Eide'99 for cdrom installed OS3.9 and Boing bags 1 and 2 restarted then double clicked on the Akreal installer still fails tried with and without the Vampire patch for the Vampire v2,do you want me to put the Vampire patch up on the Zone so you could have a look.
Kind Regards
Mark
Yes, please. It will be nice to have it, but I can't try it for real till I have mounted my A1200.

In any case, you've got Maddi's tutorial about installing it. But do not install BB3&4, only 1&2.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 15 January 2023, 15:34   #1048
mark8564
Only Amiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yes, please. It will be nice to have it, but I can't try it for real till I have mounted my A1200.

In any case, you've got Maddi's tutorial about installing it. But do not install BB3&4, only 1&2.

[ Show youtube player ]
Hi Retrofan just uploaded the file had to zip it using 7zip, yes i did watch Maddi's youtube video, i did install the older Akreal v9 that worked fine, it's the new 9.1 version i can't get working
Old 15 January 2023, 17:15   #1049
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Many thanks.
Enter without booting and rename Sys:WBStartup as Sys:WBStartupDisabled to see if it boots. Also edit the S-S and put a semicolon in front of C:CyberbugFix, BootScreen, Rainboot3, FBlit, Ftext and ShowAmiga.
But as I say, I don't have a Vampire to try yet.

Edit: For what I'm seing, Cotter's vampirizer doesn't stop FBlit and FText to run, so put a semicolon in front of both.
In any case, I think that the best option is to install AKReal on WinUAE, change with Better Config to RTG, AKReal 1024 and then select "Android". Then I would try Pedro's installer.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 January 2023 at 17:45.
Old 18 January 2023, 20:05   #1050
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark8564 View Post
Kind Regards
Mark
Another user has told me that he has a Vampire running after:
"
- MMULibs install
- edit S-S: SetPatch NOROMUPDATE NOCACHE QUIET
- assign AmiKit in S-S --> you rather should allow ambiguous disk names
"
Old 21 January 2023, 23:30   #1051
DiskDoctor

This actually was a WARP 1260 card, not the vampire card.

MMULibs and SetPatch seems mandatory for the 060 card.

Before I booted to AKReal, I also installed WARP-specific files (in order to see ie. USB drive).
Old 22 January 2023, 01:58   #1052
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It's really difficult for me to say anything while I don't have an Amiga 1200 with a Vampire yet. It will become true anytime soon.

Also, as DiskDoctor says, this is with a Warp card, not with a Vampire. See that this is a specific hardware configuration:

"What I did:
- I prepared OS3.9 partition (with BB1&2)
- I unpacked AKReal ZIP on Amiga (USB drive)
- I installed AKReal on that partition
- I installed MMULibs on that partition
- I installed WARP-specific files on that partition (I owe a WARP card)
- I renamed the partition to AmiKit (to avoid Assign issues)
- I altered S-S: SetPatch NOROMUPDATE NOCACHE QUIET

That's it. It boots over KICK3.2.1 via MapRom.
"

Many thanks, DiskDoctor. It's important for Warp's users.

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 January 2023 at 05:13.
Old 22 January 2023, 05:07   #1053
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybex17 View Post
Hi Retrofan! Is there any news? I've got my new Warp1260, and i'm struggling to setup a nice OS appearence. I can't wait that you pubblish your new version...for me it would be a problem solved!
Warp 1260?. I don't have any, but listen to other people:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1052
Old 31 January 2023, 04:31   #1054
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

For my next update I want to add many things. One of them will be an option to run it without "so many things". So I will try to include an option to start it booting much faster. I'm trying/talking with some betatesters: Johnny, "Amiten" the main one.
This is an example of a fast booting AKReal using Copper:

Edit: Yeah... 16 Colors.

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 February 2023 at 21:59.
Old 24 March 2023, 09:40   #1055
Mirq

Hi, Retrofan, since amikit 12 is available, are you planning next update of AKReal?
Old 16 May 2023, 07:02   #1056
EsseEmmeErre

Hi Retrofan, would you actract Amiga musician to AKReal?
Add Horny1.3 from Aminet! ;-)
It requires a registration key via e-mail to be unlocked
directly by the author, Timo Kloss. :-)
Old 09 July 2023, 01:45   #1057
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsseEmmeErre View Post
Hi Retrofan, would you actract Amiga musician to AKReal?
Add Horny1.3 from Aminet! ;-)
It requires a registration key via e-mail to be unlocked
directly by the author, Timo Kloss. :-)
Hi:
It's been a time I don't have much time . I will take a look about that thing, just in case.

But just to say that I finally have an Amiga 1200 with black case/black keys, Vampire, Indivision...etc, etc working. The last thing I've made is to get internet working with a Plipbox by now (yesterday).

As I was thinking, a Vampire accelerator runs AKReal (in AGA), without any modifications. If you want to use RTG, you can find in Aminet the Saga driver https://aminet.net/package/driver/other/SAGADriver. So you only have to disable CGXAGA to install it (ask me how if you need, but in any case I will change my existing tool to make it easier; step by step in my next update).

So this is my A1200 running AKReal in RTG mode, playing a radio station :

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 July 2023 at 04:12.
Old 18 July 2023, 21:12   #1058
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to comment about this so interesting video of Dan Wood using ChatGPT with the Amiga and the Commodore 64
[ Show youtube player ]

I've just tried (WinUAE) it and it really works!. It's giving me some problems, but it's amazing being able to use it.

Ed8it:
On a OS3.2 system it works without issues:

It's incredible. This is it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 July 2023 at 00:19.
Old 20 August 2023, 23:47   #1059
Karpow
...generations ahead

Hi,

Is there a guide somewhere how to get AmiKit working on real Amiga with RTG cards? I have a made clean OS3.1 + OS3.9 (with BB1+2) + AmiKit 9.1 install. Everything went smoothly up to this point but I fail to get RTG modes working after installing Picasso96 and ZZ9000 driver. I just end up with broken OS installation which stop loading Workbench at some point after rebooting leaving me on black screen. After waiting for some time Amiga might do guru too.

Black screen issue happend with "AmiKit 1024" option on Better Config. On the other hand I have managed to get RTG loading screen with "AmiKit" option on Better Config but Workbench itself was on AGA mode with very poor palette and almost all chip memory consumed so I pretty much couldn't do anything due to lack of chip mem. Right now I have clean OS3.9 + BB1&2 + AmiKit installation backup restored again. Am I missing some step here before installing Picasso96, ZZ9000 driver and Better Config?

I got Escom Amiga 4000T with KS 3.2.1, 040/25MHz, +0.5gb fast ram (yes, really) and MNT ZZ9000. I am planning to buy BFG9060 very soon. I got 060 rev6 for it already.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Karpow; 10 September 2023 at 21:03.
Old 13 September 2023, 23:01   #1060
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi. You must disable first CGXAGA. You have an icon-script to make that in tools.
In my next update I am changing it to have more options, easier to use. I hope to launch it soon.
And "Better Config" is made for WinUAE. It will install a lot of things very fast to be used there, but it would be very rare that your setup was exactly that one "ready to work", so don't use if you are using your real RTG hardware.
So if you want to install RTG you must disable CyberbugFixAga, reboot (if you don't have enough memory you could rename from Sys:WBStartup to Sys:WBStartupDisabled and then install your RTG drivers and monitors and then it must work allright. You should then enable again Birdie if you like to have it. In my next script it will have more options to make it easier.

Also, in my next update I'm adding another option "if you already have RTG", that won't change your config, just the rest of options to have it looking nicer with RTG backdrops and so.

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 September 2023 at 01:50.