English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 June 2015, 20:07   #1
portarinos

Where is kipper2k?

I'm opening this thread cause i have an issue with Brian (kipper2k). I know he's a busy man with a real life (such as everybody) but mailing back is not a big deal i think.

I sent him over my A600 4mb memory board for repair.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=77792

Back in April, i described my problem with it and he offered for help. While i have already paid for the board through Paypal (7th of June) and i also sent him 3 PM's, a visitor's message and an email, he seems either not to read them or not to respond anyway while he logs in regularly. I would like to know if there is anything wrong? Did anybody have any transaction with Brian lately? Maybe kipper2k could also respond here and justify all this but anyway i would like to have my card back. Any help appreciated.
Old 29 June 2015, 20:15   #2
Amiga1992

Jesus, cut the person some slack. He'll get back to you, kipper is LEGIT. He's BUSY. Chillax.
Old 29 June 2015, 22:36   #3
portarinos

Come on, give me a break Akira! I never argued on kipper's honesty at all! Money is not the issue here but the fact that i just want to have my card back in working condition, nothing more nothing less! I could be busier than him but that won't bother me from getting back to whoever comes in contact with me within a week at most. Don't you think that 22 days are way too long for not giving me an idea on whether or not he has seen my messages? This has nothing to do with money, i repeat! It's just an annoying attitude, don't you think?
Old 29 June 2015, 22:59   #4
gulliver
BoingBagged

He is currently experiencing with time travel technology, he wants to rectify some shitty management desitions from 1993
Old 29 June 2015, 23:34   #5
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I think he probably gets bombarded with messages and loses track.

Send an Email to the PayPal address, that might get through. Problem with PM's they're easy to read and then forget about them.

Emails you can flag for follow up, etc.
Old 29 June 2015, 23:47   #6
portarinos

Already mailed him Steve. Nothing. Besides, he still logs in regularly here, it is rather impossible that he hasn't been notified about his PMs. At least when i log in at EAB, i get greeted by a pop up notification so it's technically not possible not to see that someone is looking for you, don't you think?
Old 29 June 2015, 23:50   #7
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Has Kipper read the PM or is it marked unread?
Old 29 June 2015, 23:54   #8
portarinos

It is marked as unread but obviously there is always a way to mark them like this even if they are read. Anyway, i'm not speculating here but it's pretty clear what i wrote before. He's regular over here and as soon as he visits the forum, the pop up for the unread PMs is always there, you cant really miss it. Anyway, let's hope he sees this thread, i wouldn't want people to think that i want to spoil his reputation. It's just that i would appreciate an honest response and most important on time. That's all.

Last edited by portarinos; 29 June 2015 at 23:55. Reason: typo
Old 30 June 2015, 05:32   #9
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by portarinos View Post
as soon as he visits the forum, the pop up for the unread PMs is always there, you cant really miss it.
NOT true, you can DISABLE this feature and if kipper gets bombarded with messages as much as I think he is, I wouldn't be surprised he did.

And no, you can't show a message as unread to the sender if you have clicked on it. So if it is marked as unread, he did -not- read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portarinos View Post
It's just an annoying attitude, don't you think?
I think your calling him out in the public here is far worse.

You can do and say all you want about how you would handle a situation, but you are not him so the way you do things (or not) doesn't apply to others necessarily.

You barged in here asking if anyone had a problem with him recently. Everyone has vouched for kipper and told you that no, there isn't a problem, but you keep on with your position even using arguments that aren't true like the above stated one pertaining private messages.

If you are not trying to "ruin his image" I really don't understand what the purpose is of this thread after you have been told by many not to worry.
Old 30 June 2015, 11:58   #10
portarinos

There is nothing personal with you Akira so please stop acting and writing like you were Brian's representative. He's an adult so he can step in whenever he finds the time to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I think your calling him out in the public here is far worse.
Worse, why really? I didn't insult him? I just want to make him read the PMs, is it that bad? It seems that he has negative past as far as communication is concerned.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ipper2k&page=2

Quote:
You can do and say all you want about how you would handle a situation, but you are not him so the way you do things (or not) doesn't apply to others necessarily.
This doesn't really make any sense at all. I didn't suggest any "good practice" for God's sake. It's plain to see what i intend with this thread why can't you just see it?

Quote:
Everyone has vouched for kipper and told you that no, there isn't a problem, but you keep on with your position even using arguments that aren't true like the above stated one pertaining private messages.
Everyone? Right! 4 people (including you) replied. 2 of them just suggested a way to go, another one made a humorous comment and only you complained about it. Anyway, i wouldn't like to bump the thread with useless comments so, to cut a long story short, Brian if you are reading this please contact me.
Old 30 June 2015, 12:32   #11
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I got an eab PM from him on 22nd of June. He was active on eab yesterday.

Maybe he's gone on holiday? It is holiday season.
Old 30 June 2015, 12:44   #12
portarinos

Thanks Alexh. I suppose that he has his reason(s) for not getting back to me (not really obvious as far as i'm concerned).
Old 30 June 2015, 13:48   #13
john1979

Portarinos you have commited the cardinal EAB sin of calling out a popular member. No matter what valid points you have you will get shot down in flames. (and imo 22 days is a valid point. no matter how busy I am I can take 2 mins to reply to an email.)

Quote:
Everyone has vouched for kipper and told you that no, there isn't a problem, but you keep on with your position even using arguments that aren't true like the above stated one pertaining private messages.
Yet here we have a problem. Please let kipper defend himself.
Old 30 June 2015, 14:31   #14
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I don't have problem with him wanting PM, nor kipper2k not sending one... but what makes me wonder is why this was posted here, in this part of eab. Seriously, this is something to do with Amiga scene??

BTW, I [ Show youtube player ]! Just bit of a problem with hiccups, don't worry...

Last edited by Anubis; 30 June 2015 at 14:40.
Old 30 June 2015, 16:35   #15
Amon_RA

Just open a PayPal dispute, this will get his attention for sure ;-)
Old 30 June 2015, 18:04   #16
portarinos

@Amon_RA

Nah, i wouldn't do this! As a matter of fact, Brian replied to my mail today, so i suppose that this thread really served its purpose. Now waiting for shipment. I wonder why it had to be done this way but it's OK.