English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 January 2020, 16:47   #1
gbasource

Question about winuae

I noticed I posted this in the wrong area on here and accidently posted it in support-hardware. If someone could remove the post from there id be grateful.

In a lot of youtube videos, when I see people installing classicwb and whdload onto a compact flash, their real amiga is running on kickstart rom 3.1 and they select the kickstart 3.1 rom and workbench 3.1 adf in winuae when setting up the partitions, installing customwb and whdload. My real amiga is running on kickstart 3.0 so would I have to use that kickstart rom and the workbench 3.0 adfs on winuae instead when setting up the partitions and installing classic wb/whdload?
Old 19 January 2020, 18:43   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbasource View Post
I noticed I posted this in the wrong area on here and accidently posted it in support-hardware. If someone could remove the post from there id be grateful.
I've left the thread there as others have answered you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbasource View Post
In a lot of youtube videos, when I see people installing classicwb and whdload onto a compact flash, their real amiga is running on kickstart rom 3.1 and they select the kickstart 3.1 rom and workbench 3.1 adf in winuae when setting up the partitions, installing customwb and whdload. My real amiga is running on kickstart 3.0 so would I have to use that kickstart rom and the workbench 3.0 adfs on winuae instead when setting up the partitions and installing classic wb/whdload?
No, you could install using either KS 3.0 / 3.1 and WB 3.0 / 3.1 or a mix of either via WinUAE and still use on your "real" Amiga KS 3.0