English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01 January 2020, 23:10   #1
mr.spiv
Registered User
mr.spiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finland
Age: 47
Posts: 108
DevPac and PC-relative addressing..

Hmm, this might be discussed before.. but am I doing something wrong but the following code just does not assemble with DevPac 3.14?

Code:
    lea     2+stuff(pc),a0
stuff:
    ...
mr.spiv is offline  
Old 01 January 2020, 23:14   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Hmm, this might be discussed before.. but am I doing something wrong but the following code just does not assemble with DevPac 3.14?

Code:
    lea     2+stuff(pc),a0
stuff:
    ...
Try stuff+2
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 01 January 2020, 23:23   #3
mr.spiv
Registered User
mr.spiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finland
Age: 47
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Try stuff+2
Grrr.. ok it compiled. Got a bunch of other weird compilation errors that got solved by rearranging codes & comments. Did not make me feel comfortable ;-)
mr.spiv is offline  
Old 01 January 2020, 23:24   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Grrr.. ok it compiled. Got a bunch of other weird compilation errors that got solved by rearranging codes & comments. Did not make me feel comfortable ;-)
Imagine how filthy I feel everytime I boot up ASM-ONE :/

I need a shower just talking about it!
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 01 January 2020, 23:36   #5
mr.spiv
Registered User
mr.spiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finland
Age: 47
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Imagine how filthy I feel everytime I boot up ASM-ONE :/

I need a shower just talking about it!
AsmOne is so great to code abs addressed stuff
mr.spiv is offline  
Old 02 January 2020, 00:07   #6
mr.spiv
Registered User
mr.spiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Finland
Age: 47
Posts: 108
Another thing.. I noticed that sometimes when them assembling aborts due issues in the source DevPac does not free the memory needed by the assembled program. Is this a known issue? I still yet need to figure out what is the situation when this memory leaking takes place.
mr.spiv is offline  
Old 02 January 2020, 01:48   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 46
Posts: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Another thing.. I noticed that sometimes when them assembling aborts due issues in the source DevPac does not free the memory needed by the assembled program. Is this a known issue? I still yet need to figure out what is the situation when this memory leaking takes place.
Never had that happen to me.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 02 January 2020, 02:47   #8
Auscoder
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
Another thing.. I noticed that sometimes when them assembling aborts due issues in the source DevPac does not free the memory needed by the assembled program. Is this a known issue? I still yet need to figure out what is the situation when this memory leaking takes place.
I had this leak, seemed to occur only when compilation failed in multi-file project with 68000 target using Devpac 3.18... It only leaked chip mem. It's no happened in quite a while so maybe some compile flag or section changes that were responsible.
Auscoder is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Absolute addressing Old_Bob Coders. Asm / Hardware 9 20 September 2018 10:36
IDE68K addressing Yulquen74 support.Hardware 3 16 May 2015 16:39
question on resourcing relative addressing ara Coders. Asm / Hardware 5 04 February 2012 23:42
Trying to have portable configuration, relative paths relative to C:\Public\... ? Turrican support.WinUAE 3 24 June 2011 16:33
Addressing modes BippyM Coders. General 17 03 February 2005 09:57

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07079 seconds with 15 queries