English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 23 December 2019, 18:13   #1
DamienD
Banned

Jack Nicklaus Presents The Major Championship Courses of 1990

Heya guys,

Does anyone have Jack Nicklaus Presents The Major Championship Courses of 1990 in either .ADF or .IPF?

I have found all other disks except this one
Old 25 January 2020, 18:08   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Strange how this one never saw a scene release back in the day and that no-one has imaged the original! Anyway, have a look at the ReadMe file in the archive. This Jack Nicklaus data disk may well have manual protection (sorry, I haven't had time to test!). If it does, then I've included scans for the manual protection check....although, ideally, a crack would be much handier methinks!

Lemme know how you go with it please! In the Zone. Enjoy!
Old 25 January 2020, 18:15   #3
DamienD
Banned

Oh wow!!! Thank you kindly Carlo

Off to test immediately

...and if it needs cracking then I'm sure one of the EAB regular gurus will assist

BTW, do you happen to have these in your massive Amiga collection of originals by any chance?
Old 25 January 2020, 18:30   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Lemme know how you go with it please! In the Zone. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Off to test immediately
Yup, works perfectly from a quick test

Like the other "Course" disks; the protection is handled by the original "Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf" disk.

Old 25 January 2020, 18:33   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Sorry mate, nada x 2 on those other requests. I've been keeping my eyes open for Asterix, but I think that one's even hard to come by in France!

Cool that you got the Jack Nicklaus 1990 data disk to work, though! I was kinda hoping that the original Jack Nicklaus game handled the manual protection on the data disks and that a cracked version of it would circumvent any manual protection checks normally made on the data disks.

I was banking on Fat Tracks or Raw Copy deprotecting the data disk, but attempting to copy my original didn't trigger the parameter to do that. Bloody annoying way of using parameters if you ask me with those two copiers by MSI!! All the others allow you to manually select the parameter and then to produce a deprotected copy of the disk.

Last edited by DrBong; 25 January 2020 at 18:49. Reason: Coz I'm a tired idiot who can't type late at night tonight! ;-p---
Old 25 January 2020, 18:47   #6
DamienD
Banned

I work fast: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=2827

Quote:
Sorry mate, nada x 2 on those other requests. I've been keeping my eyes open for Asterix, but I think that one's even hard to come by in France!
No problem, just thought I'd ask

Quote:
Cool that you got the Jack Nicklaus 1990 data disk to work, though! I was kinda hoping that the original Jack Nicklaus game handled the manual protection on the data disks and that a cracked version of it would circumvent any manual protection checks normally made on the data disks.

I was hoping that Fat Tracks or Raw Copy would deprotect the data disk, but copying my original disk didn't trigger the parameter to do that. Bloody annoying way of using parameters if you ask me with those two copiers! All the others allow you to manually trigger the parameter.
No need to worry, yes the "original Jack Nicklaus game handled the manual protection on the data disks and that a cracked version of it would circumvent any manual protection checks normally made on the data disks."