English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 November 2006, 15:40   #1
Photon

Arrow Can select resolution but never fullscreen

Nothing to do with stretching like the othe fullscreen thread.

I just installed 1.3.3 hoping it would be able to go to fullscreen. I've had fullscreen modes working on the same PC, in pre-1.0 versions of WinUAE.

I can select a resolution, but the drop-down lists next to the resolution selector are blank. IIRC when I got it working in the older WinUAE versions, those were not blank.

Whatever resolution I select, when I click OK the screen blinks black (but it doesn't seem to switch resolutions, i.e. there's no "screen hickup") and then I still get a window.

Before I click OK:

After I click OK:

(The above is the contents of the window, not fullscreen. Somehow I was unable to get the screenshot including the borders with PrintScreen. Also note that contents seem to be pushed up out of the window.)

I have a P4 2.2, GF3 Ti500, ForceWare 84.21 (latest drivers compatible with my old card), PowerStrip to set Hz.

I tried without PowerStrip, didn't work. Other games work fine, both DirectX and OpenGL games.
Old 11 November 2006, 16:14   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

winuaebootlog.txt, thanks.
Old 11 November 2006, 16:40   #3
Photon

Hehe, sorry, didn't know you needed that. This is the first time I've had any real problems with WinUAE!

http://hornet.homeftp.net/henriks/am...uaebootlog.txt

Actually, I restarted WinUAE a couple of times, and at one time the depth and Hz fields appeared, so I quickly selected 50Hz PAL and saved the config.

When I start WinUAE with that config it seems to work, but I get 2-4 fps :´(

I use Win 2000 Pro with the latest service packs, is that a problem?
Old 11 November 2006, 16:48   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Looks like your default.uae is really old. (for example directx6 config option has been removed at least 4 years ago..)

Delete/move it somewhere else and create it from scratch.
Old 11 November 2006, 16:54   #5
Photon

Oh. I assumed using the installer replaced the default config, since configs are sometimes incompatible between versions.

Will try that, thanks Toni!
Old 11 November 2006, 17:10   #6
Photon

Removed all configs to a place where WinUAE can't find it, made a new one from scratch with the Quickstart, saved it as 'default', restarted WinUAE, loaded 'default', clicked Start. Still 4 fps unfortunately.

Bootlog updated, at the same address. If it still says DirectX 6 I don't know where it gets that from, I have 9.0c.

Interestingggg! I ran DXDIAG and now it says NetMeeting is running and 3D acceleration may not work until it's shut down. Didn't say that the last time I ran DXDIAG. Could that be it?
Old 11 November 2006, 18:30   #7
Photon

That's probably it, since DXDIAG says DirectDraw acceleration is disable. Been searching for a way to really remove NetMeeting and not start it after a few seconds, but found nothing. Well, I found a bunch of similar "power user" programs which sound like spyware/viruses. Which I will not install. Followed a procedure to remove it from Microsoft support pages, and it deleted files, but upon reboot it was back again.

Anyone have a fail safe way to obliterate it under Windows 2000? My hair is turning gray.
Old 11 November 2006, 22:07   #8
Photon

That was it! Managed to remove NetMeeting, and DXDIAG reports all acceleration Enabled. Re-installed WinUAE, detected pixel format, it found my resolutions, I selected 800x600x32 50Hz PAL with Vsync, and everything flows SMOOTHLY with no visual defects whatsoever!

Found how to remove NetMeeting here:

http://gemal.dk/blog/2003/09/03/real...ve_netmeeting/

I saved the page to my harddisk, since this page was the ONLY solution that properly removed it in Win2k.

I'm smiling from ear to ear now *happy sigh* I'm sorry for ever thinking there was something wrong with your superb program Toni...