Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
Subtitles shouldn't be a stretch goal.
Old 16 March 2015, 16:35   #62
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Hi all,

This weekend we hit our first stretch goal, a postcard of the cover art for all backers, and at time of writing we're very close to the second stretch goal of you all receiving the full set of 4 x post cards.

Thank you for supporting us and taking the time to write so many messages. If any of you have further perk ideas please let us know as we're gearing up now for a final push to hit those stretch goals where we produce more content for all of you!

It makes such a difference when you share and spread the word, there are only a few days left now so please take a moment to tell as many people as you can and share this link; http://t.co/kMrIEiiMU2

If you all can find just one person before the end of the campaign it would double our current backers which means we'll be making a lot of content for you all!

In addition have a look back over the perks we currently have, we have ultra rare Magnetic Fields and Bitmaps Bros signed games, posters and hardware, there's Oliver Frey signed material as well. Plus you will see we have put up the picture of the Oliver Frey limited cardboard sleeve for the DVD and Blu-ray copies containing the pre-order only covers, never to be created by us again as we will only do one production run!

Please see updated stretch goal chart below and we'll update the one on the front of the campaign.

Thank you all so much for your continued support!

Best wishes,

Ant & Nic

1,360 backers
£56,288 pledged
12 days to go
Old 17 March 2015, 20:05   #63
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Update

Quote:
Hi all,

We had to update quickly with this because we are very excited to announce 4 new perks today, plus thanks to many suggestions from you a new amiga legends signed postcard set.

New Amiga Bundles!
We have some very limited signed amiga 500 bundles, games, a2 posters and postcards!

Amiga Bundles:
Team 17 (alien breed & super frog) [1 left]
Martin Edmondson (shadow of the beast trilogy) [2 available]
Charles Cecil & Dave Gibbons (beneath a steel sky) [2 available]
Dino Dini (kick off & goal). [2 available]
+
Bitmap Brothers (chaos engine/ speedball 2) [1 left]
Magnetic Fields signed Amiga bundle [sold out!]

please check out the campaign here to learn more; http://t.co/kmrieiimu2

Signed 4 x A6 Postcard Packs!
We are delighted to announce new packs of 4 x a6 high quality glossy signed postcard sets available only for backers. Whatever pledge you are currently on if you want these (see below) simply increase your pledge by £40 for signed (pack of 4) or £10 for unsigned (pack of 4) then send us a message stating which game/developer pack you want at b2b@graciousfilms.com

This is a rare opportunity to grab some iconic gaming history from your amiga heroes while helping us in our push towards our stretch goals to create more content!

Autographs include: Bitmap brothers and dan malone, team 17 and alistair brimble, charles cecil and dave gibbons, martin edmondson, legend of football dino dini, and lets not forget magnetic fields!

See postcards here!

Please note for physical customers these postcards will be included with your copy of the film, however for digital customers please add an additional £2.00 for postage and packing!

We are getting some wonderful people coming to us daily with great ideas for perks who like you very much want this film to be the very best it can be. There is little over a week left so please help us go for those stretch goals, please share the campaign wherever possible or give into temptation and grab those perks or signed postcards as it all makes a difference.

See stretch goals!

Thanks as ever for your wonderful support!

Please check out the campaign here to learn more; http://t.co/kMrIEiiMU2

Best wishes!

Ant & nic

Last edited by lifeschool; 17 March 2015 at 20:14.
Old 18 March 2015, 06:48   #64
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
We are getting some wonderful people coming to us daily with great ideas for perks who like you very much want this film to be the very best it can be. There is little over a week left so please help us go for those stretch goals, please share the campaign wherever possible or give into temptation and grab those perks or signed postcards as it all makes a difference.
I wonder if anyone is coming to them daily and saying "prioritise the movie by adding content first and foremost", rather than even more postcards, signatures, computers and old games. As Rebel says, subtitles should be included in the base price. Presumably digital backers are now asked for another 2 pounds to cover postage for postcards!

If their priorities were actually on releasing a long and quality documentary, they'd have a lot more backers for sure. But while the daily updates are even more extraneous junk, people that are interested in the movie have no real motivation to part with their cash.

Last edited by Codetapper; 18 March 2015 at 06:54.
Old 18 March 2015, 09:01   #65
Higgy

I agree with you @Codetapper. Film first. Tat later.

They say this is the only edit, so it is very annoying to know that a lot of footage will be left on the cutting room floor (or is that hard drive! )
The only thing I can think (I hope) of is studio mastering time is very expensive so they need to get a fair bit of additional funds to have the additional time.

I guess we can only hope some wealth AMIGA lover fancies bumping it up, as it would be great to have the 'AMIGA doc to end all AMIGA docs'. I can see it getting to 2hr but going to be tricky hitting anymore.

Last edited by Higgy; 18 March 2015 at 09:02. Reason: Spelling!
Old 18 March 2015, 17:47   #66
spudje

Well, another (postcard) stretch goal has been reached. C'mon people only 5000 more for a really nice stretch goal!!!
Old 18 March 2015, 20:11   #67
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I wonder if anyone is coming to them daily and saying "prioritise the movie by adding content first and foremost", rather than even more postcards, signatures, computers and old games. As Rebel says, subtitles should be included in the base price. Presumably digital backers are now asked for another 2 pounds to cover postage for postcards!

If their priorities were actually on releasing a long and quality documentary, they'd have a lot more backers for sure. But while the daily updates are even more extraneous junk, people that are interested in the movie have no real motivation to part with their cash.
It's almost as if they're desperate for cash - put me right off future Kickstarters.

Give me a well researched book (or film) without the tat and I'm in. If the Amiga 500's they're giving away are used - 'working' could mean they're yellowed to kingdom come.
Sorry, but I would not part with the best part of £400+ to find out.

Sigh.
Old 18 March 2015, 20:21   #68
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
Just looking at the perks on this, some great ones, but feel that these postcards especially the 6x4 size which I think is very small, and stretch goal for the 90k includes a floppy disk beer mats (great idea) but I've seen a place that will do 500 beer mats front and back for £50+vat, now shouldn't those of been included in the much lower end of the perks?

Plus I'm praying that they deliver on the month they've promised, they have a habit of delays upon delays in delivering on time, I'm sure this is going to be epic either way.
Old 18 March 2015, 21:11   #69
lifeschool
Local Moderator

2nd STRETCH GOAL SMASHED! Plus SENSIBLE SOFTWARE bundle!

Quote:

Hi all,

Well today we smashed through the 2nd stretch goal, so now every backer will receive the 4 stretch goal postcard set, so thank you so much for this!

At time of writing we are just over £4k away from our third stretch goal where we will add an extra 30mins of content to the project. Therefore to help us get there we are pleased to announce a simply incredible Sensible Software Amiga Bundle, where you will receive a boxed and working Amiga A500 computer signed by Sensible Software’s Jon Hare, Chris Chapman and Stoo Cambridge along with signed boxed copies of ‘Mega Lo Mania’ and ‘Sensible Soccer’, ‘Cannon Fodder’ and Sensible World of Football’ plus 1 x high quality glossy A2 posters for each game, plus a 4 x ‘Keep it Sensible!’ postcard set, again all items signed by Jon, Chris and Stoo. And there’s only 3 available!

In addition we have now added the ‘Stay Sensible’ postcard collection to all the other Amiga legends collection (see below) so for just £10 (unsigned) or £40 (signed) you can have a set of these fantastic postcards and also help drive us towards our next stretch goal. As we said yesterday to get them simply increase your pledge by either £10 (unsigned) or £40 (signed) and then send us a quick message stating which postcard set you have gone for…and yes you can have more than one as it all helps towards the overall target and more content! Please note if you are a digital customer please add an additional £2 for postage and packaging.

We only have 10 days left so (and we know you have been!) please share and talk about this project wherever you can. It is the 30th anniversary of the Amiga, we know there are more than 1,400 Amiga fans out there, it is a major and important time in the history of the worldwide games industry and we want to mark and celebrate that by doing our best work ever and make something we can all be proud of (as we have all contributed towards it) and make as much contact as possible so we need your help to share and spread the word wherever possible, link as follows; http://t.co/kMrIEiiMU2

And finally (and we are trying to make these newsletters sound different each day we promise!) thank you, each and every one of you, it’s getting very exciting!

Best wishes,

Ant & Nic
Note: The original text contained a lot of Bold type, which I didnt have time to fix.
Old 18 March 2015, 21:23   #70
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
I'm waiting for the ultra sonic mega blasting super duper alpha mk 2.0 hyper max extreme post card set myself. anyone else?

I'm holding out till the last day before hopping on board, too much tat inbound, but I'm hating the tiny winy a6 (6x4) postcards plus the cheek in asking for additional p&p, considering the cost of perks this could of been worked into the perk from the outset likes other kickstarters.

I'm not knocking it, no way , I love what they do and the amazing B2B film was great and I know this is going to be kick ass, but feel a bit of liberty been taken while stating these small but still worth mentioning extras on perk costs. Maybe it's just me. Having a bad day today
Old 18 March 2015, 23:01   #71
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post
Quote:
Hi Predseda, unfortunately subtitles are expensive to make and we actually have to make the content first, then when we know our exact running time we can create them which is why we factored it into our stretch goals as we have budgeted for them.
Old 19 March 2015, 07:35   #72
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Look what popped up in my RSS feed today...

Retro Domination Podcast Episode 63 - The Amiga Years

Mar 19th 2015, 02:58, by retrodomination, Retro Domination
Welcome to Episode 63 of the Retro Domination Podcast, on the show we have special guests Anthony and Nicola Caulfield from Bedrooms to Billions fame promoting their new Kickstarter campaign, Amiga Years and we at RD are salivating at the mouth!! Names like, Jon Hare & Stoo Cambridge from Sensible Software, Bitmap Brothers, Mike Montgomery and Dan Malone, Peter Molyneux and many more have signed on to the documentary. They have reached their initial goal, now help them get to their stretch goals. This is any Commodore Fan’s dream. Sit back, relax and listen to the smooth dulcet tones of Daz and Matt.
Old 19 March 2015, 23:03   #73
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post
Nicola Caulfield & Anthony Caulfield 33 minutes ago

Hi all, we will update in more detail tomorrow but Nic and I have been talking and reading some very well justified comments from you regarding subtitles. Therefore we will (now we have hit £60k) commit and deliver both English and English Hard of Hearing Subtitles to this project, 'all content'. However we cannot afford to go with other language subtitles yet as that will have to stay where they are on the stretch goal list. Thanks for your support!
Old 20 March 2015, 03:04   #74
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
Look what popped up in my RSS feed today...

Retro Domination Podcast Episode 63 - The Amiga Years

Mar 19th 2015, 02:58, by retrodomination, Retro Domination
Welcome to Episode 63 of the Retro Domination Podcast, on the show we have special guests Anthony and Nicola Caulfield from Bedrooms to Billions fame promoting their new Kickstarter campaign, Amiga Years and we at RD are salivating at the mouth!! Names like, Jon Hare & Stoo Cambridge from Sensible Software, Bitmap Brothers, Mike Montgomery and Dan Malone, Peter Molyneux and many more have signed on to the documentary. They have reached their initial goal, now help them get to their stretch goals. This is any Commodore Fan’s dream. Sit back, relax and listen to the smooth dulcet tones of Daz and Matt.
You would have to hope that the Caulfield's research for the Amiga documentary is more thorough than what was said in that interview. To say that both Another World and Flashback were made by "small teams" is hardly correct. Another World was basically a one-man show, and Flashback had more than a dozen people just on the Amiga version, and I believe the full team is upwards of 20 people. What is their definition of small?
Old 20 March 2015, 13:38   #75
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
You would have to hope that the Caulfield's research for the Amiga documentary is more thorough than what was said in that interview. To say that both Another World and Flashback were made by "small teams" is hardly correct. Another World was basically a one-man show, and Flashback had more than a dozen people just on the Amiga version, and I believe the full team is upwards of 20 people. What is their definition of small?
Let's hope. Yes apparently Eric Chahi did everything himself except the music. Us gold may have added some polish also.
Flashback was made by Delphine so yes a few people.
Old 20 March 2015, 15:20   #76
Higgy

Everyone goes off to read said review
Old 23 March 2015, 16:14   #77
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Thats great news! I didnt have time to contact them about this myself, but I know they are always trying to make things possible, so I'm very happy its sorted out. If anything, this project has brought the community back together, so even things like this should hopefully pave the way towards that.

Here's a recent bulletin for you guys,

Quote:
New Interviews Announced + DICE (Pinball) Perk

Hi all,

We drafted this last night as we wanted to let you know about some great production elements that have occurred in recent days and then woke up to see we had gone over 1,600 backers and are very close to our fourth stretch goal, so thank you so much for that and a big welcome to all the new backers!

Production update

As some of you may already be aware we have decided to now include English subtitles and English Hard of Hearing subs for both digital and physical versions of the film regardless of where we end up. This is testament to how useful the Kickstarter comments and messaging system is. Very good reasoning and suggestions from you and we went off and found a way. The other languages will have to remain where they are in the stretch goals, but if we reach them then the entire disc (including download) will have all those languages throughout.

New Interviewees!

As many of you know we already have locked down a lot of people, but this week we are very pleased to announce many new interviews to be filmed which include RJ Mical, Chris Huelsbeck, Tim Wright and 'Flashback' creator Paul Cuisset, expect more news soon!

Also slightly different from our original film we seem to be almost accidentally causing developer reunions, entire teams are coming back together to be interviewed or share the experience. This will see Team 17, Magnetic Fields, Sensible Software, Bitmap Bros all come back together.

Also only today in fact the four founders from Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment, or DICE as they’re also known as, Fredrik Liljegren, Andreas Axelsson, Markus Nyström and Olof Gustafsson came on-board to be interviewed.

NEW PERK!

PINBALL TRILOGY (signed) The four DICE founders have also very generously donated 3 signed Pinball trilogy game bundles (Amiga versions) to help with our campaign, those games are; Pinball Dreams, Pinball Fantasies and Pinball Illusions, along with 4 specially designed DICE postcards and a high quality glossy Pinball Dreams A2 poster, all items signed by Fredrik, Andreas, Markus and Olof. Please grab one as there are only 3 available!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-amiga-years

POSTCARDS PICTURE HERE!

Now that also means we can add the DICE postcards to the collection (top row of image below), you can either increase your pledge by £10 (unsigned) or £40 (signed) to receive the DICE Postcards, or of course any of the other developer postcards also shown below, and you can have as many sets as you wish while they're still available!

Thank you for your continued support for our film, especially now we’re pushing for those stretch goals, we want to make that extra content for you along with all the other elements we have listed. And as a side note it would be wonderful during shooting the film this summer to be putting a nice cold lager down on that floppy beermat! We only came up with it because we want one…what does that tell you about the two of us! However if we do end up putting a lager down on it then it means we’re making a lot of content for you which would be wonderful.

And Finally…

We would also love for you to share with us a picture of you and your Amiga setup. We will need pictures for the main film which ideally (if you have any) are taken from back in the day (80’s and 90’s) but also we are just as interested to see any pictures of your current Amiga setup.

We did this with our original film ‘From Bedrooms to Billions’ and some ended up in the main film and in addition we love hearing any anecdotes and stories that may be linked to the setup shown in your photo. Martin Edmondson told us once that during making Shadow of the Beast he slowed the disc speed down by gluing a piece of a cornflakes packet to the disc giving them extra write ability to the disc which helped the game development. We love stories like this, we are in that kind of ‘knowledge soaking’ period right now so nothing will be wasted and we’ll read it all…plus we have the feeling we’re going to hear some pretty amazing things.

Please post the images, stories or both to either our Facebook page ‘From Bedrooms to Billions’, or our twitter @frombedrooms, the Kickstarter comments or messages or just email us at b2b@graciousfilms.com. Any that we end up using for the film we will need to credit you so please made sure we get that info (even if you email it privately separately) so we can keep track.

We like to support others where we can so please cast your eyes towards the very fine Amiga musician Dave Lowe (composer, Elite II: Frontier, Starglider and many others) who is running a great Kickstarter project to rework some of his fantastic music. Kickstarter is perfect for talent like Dave and allow him to find his audience so please take a moment to check it out here; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...trogaming-musi

Thank you all again, we have only 5 days! left to go so please continue to share our project wherever you can by using this link; http://t.co/kMrIEiiMU2

Best wishes and thank you for believing in us!

Ant & Nic

Just 5 more days to go now, and we are just on the very edge of the 70K.

12 MORE K TO GO!

1,640 backers
£68,096 pledged of £80,000 stretch goal
5 days to go!
Old 24 March 2015, 11:56   #78
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Thats great news! I didnt have time to contact them about this myself, but I know they are always trying to make things possible, so I'm very happy its sorted out. If anything, this project has brought the community back together, so even things like this should hopefully pave the way towards that.

Old 24 March 2015, 15:57   #79
lifeschool
Local Moderator

PHWAA!!, we're getting close now!

4.5 days to go (including today) and we are just a little over 9K short.

WOW! Lets keep this going.

1,723 backers
£70,778 pledged of £80,000 stretch goal
4 days to go
Old 24 March 2015, 18:11   #80
lifeschool
Local Moderator

4th Stretch Goal Reached - Photo Gallery!

Quote:
Hi all,

We are very pleased to announce that we have reached the 4th Stretch goal!!, allowing us to add a photo gallery to the DVD and Blu-ray version of 'The Amiga Years!'

We plan to document the film production itself so intend to take lots of photos during the filming so the very best of these will form a photo gallery to go onto the DVD and Blu-ray so thank you every one of you for your support in getting the project to yet another goal.

Developer Postcards

If you are not aware of these please look at the front of the campaign here Many of you are raising your pledges to take advantage of the developer postcards, thank you for that, a very common questions is can you have more than one? The short answer is of course yes! To get one set or more just raise your pledge £10 (unsigned) or £40 (signed) per set, we won't be doing them again so you have a few days left if you still would like to help us in our bid to reach those stretch goals.

Extra Content...

We have noticed a couple of messages on the boards wondering why we are putting 'items' such as badges or Oliver Frey postcards before extra footage. The short answer to this is we didn't. We actually budgeted out the extra content first as that is our priority.

As filmmakers we want to make as much content for you as possible, especially while we're actually working on the film itself. Once we knew how much it would cost to produce those extra minutes we then added items such as badges and postcards simply to go in-between to help us reach those extra content goals. To produce an extra 30-mins of properly made content, let alone an hour is a lot of work to do it properly. You can't just run interviews on for an extra 30 or 60 mins it has to be woven into the main narrative, structured and mixed in with everything else, sound mixing, grading, overlays, extra archive footage to be licensed in if needed to help reinforce those new narratives, all the elements you would expect in a properly made documentary film.

The fun perks are in-between those extra content goals simply because there were 'gaps' in-between and we wanted to make the steps more gradual. Those items such as badges, postcards, even the floppy beermats are items we thought about, items we would want, and they are there simply to help us raise funds to reach our main goals, which is always first and foremost the production of as much material as we can. However we decided that if we were making items such as the badge it would be unique and well made, not plastic but metal, something that would last and be remembered as part of this campaign!

And yes...even the floppy beermat!

Wherever we end up, we're going to do the best work we can for you all!

Please use these last few days to spread the word, 1,700 Amiga fans out there have pledged which is fantastic, hopefully there's still a few more Amiga fans out there.

Help us find them, spread the word and share the link; http://t.co/kMrIEiiMU2

Best wishes,

Ant & Nic

Last edited by lifeschool; 25 March 2015 at 17:31.