English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 May 2018, 10:07   #1
softwarefailure

Can WinUAE open Kryoflux stream files (preservation)?

When archiving old original games I used to use the CT raw image format because WinUAE is able to open that and it works with copy protected games. However, this format is not good for sending dumps to SPS. AFAIK, they need to have the dumps in the "Kryoflux stream files (preservation)" format which creates about 40MB worth of data for a single disk.

Can WinUAE open this file format? I've tried to select "track00.0.raw" in WinUAE but it doesn't work. Complains there is no bootblock.

It would be very convenient if WinUAE was able to open this file format because currently I have to dump every original disk up to three times:

1) as ADF (if AmigaDOS formatted to see if checksums are ok)
2) as CT raw (to be able to open it in WinUAE)
3) as Kryoflux stream files (preservation) to be able to submit it to SPS

If WinUAE supported Kryoflux stream files (preservation) I wouldn't have to dump disks as CT raw any more.

Any ideas?
Old 21 May 2018, 11:04   #2
Tomislav

Do you have CAPSImg.dll in WinUAE directory? Latest version is 5.1.
Latest is on kryoflux.com site (which I see now that site have problems) on download page.
It's also on SPS site download page http://www.softpres.org/download .

Anyway, I suggest you to play with copy of disk image.

You can convert it into ADF. It's specially useful if game have save function. If game have some special disk sector protection or save on unusual way you can create custom disk. In "Floppy drives" press "Create Custom Disk" button (image name will be automatically added in Floppy Drive list of all drives as first item) and use some disk copy program within Amiga side of emulation to copy it. It creates about 2 MB custom ADF file.
Old 21 May 2018, 17:06   #3
softwarefailure

Yes, I have the latest CAPSImg.dll installed and I can open CT raw files just fine with WinUAE.

What doesn't seem to work, though, is opening Kryoflux stream files (preservation), so I was wondering whether that was possible at all. AFAICS, the CT raw file format is considered obsolete and SPS says that Kryoflux stream files should be used instead so IMHO it would make sense if WinUAE supported them as well.
Old 22 May 2018, 12:33   #4
Tomislav

From https://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic...t=205&start=20:

"- with new capsimg.dll you can now directly load CT raw (stream coming soon) images in emulators, e.g. WinUAE, FS-UAE, Hatari, STEem, Spectaculator and many more."