English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 October 2017, 18:09   #1
Swevicus

2-button joystick (final version)

Dear EAB,

After the mixed to positive reactions regarding my single-button Atari/Commodore controller-on-a-budget (with a Seimitsu joystick and Sanwa buttons), I decided to try working on a two-button version and I've come up with the final design in the image below:

The enclosure on the left measures at 120*95*57 mm, while the one on the right comes in at 145*95*59 mm (not quite sure which one to use - I'd prefer to use the smaller one but the larger one could offer more space to work with). The larger holes (30 mm) would act as the mounting holes for Button 1, while the smaller hole (in between the two larger ones, measuring in at 24 mm) is for Button 2. The hole at the rear (15 mm) is for the joystick shaft, obviously. I decided to use the Competition Pro Star as a base/model (blue base/shell with chrome/silver joystick and buttons, plus two extra triangular sub-buttons on the top in front of the joystick), as it was originally built for the Sega Master System/Mark 3 (SMS controllers can be used on an Amiga for 2-button games). I might also build an adaptor for use on MSX/Sharp X68000 machines (the idea would be to connect the joystick to the adaptor first, then connect it to the computer).

Let me know what you think.

Yours sincerely,
S.